Weird Ass Snsolicited Religious Book I Got in the Mail

The Mother Dust

Spoiler

20210512_210058.jpg

20210512_210121.jpg

20210512_210202.jpg
20210512_210247.jpg
20210512_210531.jpg

What to do when you get a weird ass anti-catholic? religious book in the mail.  Show it to FJ of course :-). I have no idea why this was sent to me or how these people knew to send it to me.  My address was just put on the book with a sticker, it didn't come in a box or anything.  I'm not part of any religious org at all.  If anyone here is interested in seeing more of it I will post more pages.  Otherwise its going in the recycle bin.  Is anyone here familiar with this book or have guesses why it would be sent to me?  Baffling.  More pics in spoiler.

20210512_210332.jpg

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF 7
  • Thank You 2

E. (Ellen) G. White was a founder of the Seventh Day Adventist church.  That’s one of her greatest hits.   Does it mention SDA anywhere?  I think the various sects are getting antsy as the pandemic drags on.  In other threads, FJers (myself included) report receiving letters, etc., from JW and LDS, etc.

We have a Seventh Day Adventist branch in my family tree.  I can spot that particular artwork at 20 paces, lol. 

• I Agree 3
  • Thank You 6

The "brilliantly predicted" part kind of intrigues me, mostly to see how they skew the original words to fit the current narrative.

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

E. (Ellen) G. White was a founder of the Seventh Day Adventist church.  That’s one of her greatest hits.   

Well now SDA happens to be the cult I escaped from and yes, all these great revelations were received by White on a rock. Hmm I remember visiting some place with a rock. One of the many places where she received visions of God.  This crap was first published in the 1800's. A @CTRLZerosays you can identify the SDA stuff from miles away once you know what to look for.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

12 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

E. (Ellen) G. White was a founder of the Seventh Day Adventist church.  That’s one of her greatest hits.   Does it mention SDA anywhere?  I think the various sects are getting antsy as the pandemic drags on.  In other threads, FJers (myself included) report receiving letters, etc., from JW and LDS, etc.

We have a Seventh Day Adventist branch in my family tree.  I can spot that particular artwork at 20 paces, lol. 

I scanned the 1st and last chapter, and I didn't see the name Seventh Day Adventist anywhere.  Interesting that the author wouldnt actually say the name of their church.  I looked at the mailing label again, and it was sent to me by Remnant Publications in Coldwater Michigan. (I live in Michigan). Maybe they just sent this out to all residents of the state?  Sheesh, that must have cost a penny.  Your theory about the religious orgs getting antsy makes sense.  I bet they've seen a big drop off in activity....just my speculation, but I would guess that even members who publicly say things anti-science, might choose to skip some gatherings if they have family/friends die from Covid. 

ETA to further back the antsy theory, I just noticed there is a 15 dollar price printed on the cover.  Now giving it away for free, unasked for.  

Edited by The Mother Dust
noticed price on back cover
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

The "brilliantly predicted" part kind of intrigues me, mostly to see how they skew the original words to fit the current narrative.

Ask and ye shall receive.  ?. There is a chapter called "prophecies fulfilled" here are some pages from it in the spoiler below.  I'm happy to post more if you like, or I can send more pictures to an email address for those interested in more.  Or, I know there are alot of FJers who like this stuff for documentation/scholarly reasons, if anyone wants this physical copy, you can PM me a 3rd party place to send it, like a UPS store.    

Spoiler

20210513_092816.thumb.jpg.f552fdd040f8e565fce7b006c2d3a477.jpg20210513_092911.thumb.jpg.d1c8717ff86de68c120dc097d30afbf5.jpg20210513_092942.thumb.jpg.1b22493b8ce69e30ac832f12b7e0248d.jpg20210513_093027.thumb.jpg.5d9842350f859954aef3bcdc140f2525.jpg20210513_093037.thumb.jpg.4b3c677410be16095c5da46b3dc29d4b.jpg20210513_093139.thumb.jpg.3f06f8fe99ffb8860ff30a0a47103df9.jpg20210513_093146.thumb.jpg.a2d81994fc9043538a91326ede2ceccc.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

The year 1844, mentioned in the posted pages, was a big one for the SDA.  My dad used to tell me family lore of people dressing in white and scrambling onto their rooftops to greet the coming Christ.  He took me to a few services at a local church, but it was probably too respectable for his taste.

At one time I made a study of the various sects/cults that took hold in America during that time frame—SDA, JW, LDS, Christian Science.  My dad’s father devolved into spiritualism and was a follower of Edgar Cayce.  My father tried a little bit of everything, and really exhibited signs of becoming an ardent conspiracy theorist before he died 20 years ago.  I imagine he would have reveled in trumpism.

I live not far from a prophetess who channels a 30000 year old warrior from Atlantis.   The more things change...  There’s a lot of money in cults.

Thanks for posting the pages, @The Mother Dust, it brings back a flood of memories. ? 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

It’s amazing how much money it costs to mail out books that will likely get tossed.  Years ago, our zip code was blanketed with a copy of a book by Frank Peretti.   I know nothing about this author, but assume he was pushing some agenda.  It was recycled. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

@The Mother Dust it is SDA. Here's all the information.  You and many. Michiganers were blessed to receive it.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/local/thousands-receive-same-religious-book-in-the-mail/408485453

750,000 grand to mail those out, to just one area!  I knew it would be alot, but not that much.  Jesus, the good that amount of money could have done, instead of this dumb  project.   Also, interesting that the article mentions the persecutions of christians, not catholics....the way the blurb mentions the vatican on the back, I got a specific anti catholic vibe from it.  

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2

Thanks all, for the info provided.  I'll wait a week or so, in case any other interested people see this thread and want to see more pages of the book, then its going in the recycle bin.  I dont want anyone I know IRL to see this book in my condo, and be like.....wtf, myrealname, are you ok?  ?

• Upvote 5

On 5/13/2021 at 6:41 AM, WiseGirl said:

Well now SDA happens to be the cult I escaped from and yes, all these great revelations were received by White on a rock. Hmm I remember visiting some place with a rock. One of the many places where she received visions of God.  This crap was first published in the 1800's. A @CTRLZerosays you can identify the SDA stuff from miles away once you know what to look for.

Hey, another SDA refugee here!

I don't remember her being on a rock... unless you're talking about the rock that hit her in the head when she was a kid. (I'm not joking-- another girl threw a rock at her and hit her in the head, and as she was recovering she began having visions from God. I was in college before another student connected the dots for me and I realized that maybe the visions were a result of brain damage.)

I received plenty of anti-Catholic teaching at my Adventist schools and after-school programs. Amazingly, I married a (lapsed) Catholic. Oh no, I'm unequally yoked! ?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Weird Ass Snsolicited Religious Book I Got in the Mail