IGNORED

WandaVision

Maggie Mae

Anyone watching WandaVision? I'm perfectly impatient about waiting a WHOLE week between episodes. Elizabeth Olsen is perfect as Wanda. And how hilarious is it that Paul Bettany signed on to do voice work for Iron Man (a quick. one-two day job for a paycheck) and is now the actor who's been in the most Marvel movies and a TV show. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I've been watching it, even though I didn't know who either Wanda or Vision were.  It's a good show, and has made me more interested in the background of those two.  It drops at 12:01 am on Friday, so I've been staying up late to be one of the first to watch it.

The writing and the acting are great.  I wish the episodes were longer, though.

• Upvote 2

Well, in Marvel they show up in Age of Ultron, though "Vision" was sort of around before that in the Iron Mans. 

I really like the way the show has progressed, showing the changes in TV, wardrobe, attitudes, but also is like perfectly in line with what Wanda went through in her life. 

I was very meh with Wanda in the movies. AoU and CA;CW Wanda was pretty much a side character with little development, it was in IW that she shone in her/Visions subplot.

Sadly her screen time was limited in EG, for obvious reasons. She was an immovable object that Thanos couldn't fight hand to hand.

But the writing in WandaVision is spot on. The homages to the different eras, the types of sitcoms, the in-universe jokes.

And Darcy finally living up to her potential. No longer the comic side-kick sassy BFF of the heroine. But a competent professional while keeping her whimsical leaps of intuition.

• Upvote 2

Loving Wandavision. Especially the in show “commercials”.  I feel like I need a white board of my own to keep track of all the stuff that’s gone on as they’ve changed sitcom decades.  

• I Agree 1