IGNORED

The GOP: Not What It Used to Be

fraurosena

7 hours ago, Xan said:

They'd love for them to do the hard jobs as long as they didn't send their kids to "our" schools, vote, or use "our" medical system

Bet they still want them to pay "our" taxes though.

7 hours ago, Xan said:

If they could have modified slavery, those brown people would be welcomed.

Quite a few would be fine with unmodified slavery, as long as they're on top who cares.

• I Agree 6

Ronna is disgusting:

• Disgust 2
  • WTF 5

At what point in time, do we start to seriously ponder whether the GOP might actually be trying to take down the USA piece by piece from within??

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

At what point in time, do we start to seriously ponder whether the GOP might actually be trying to take down the USA piece by piece from within??

I think that's probably no longer debatable.  They want to make government small enough, as Grover Norquist once said, to drown in a bathtub.  If they can eliminate free, public education they can have more compliant citizens who believe what they tell them.  If they can do away with pesky child labor laws and unions, they can produce goods to their heart's content and never worry about those same workers being impoverished or dying.  For many of them, it's just a big game of how close can they make America look like an Ayn Rand book.  It starts by gutting all rules, regulations, and safety nets.

• I Agree 3

well I'm disturbed that there wasn't even a debate that maybe I'm being alarmist.

:(

I know people don't view this sort of comment well...but I'm saying it anyway. I'm glad I don't have children. I don't at all believe that Jesus is coming or we're in revelation. But the idea that I might have had American children who either would become extremists themselves (half my old friends have, people who seemed smart and not crazy 15 years ago) OR that they would have to experience 1st hand this slow descent into insanity.

I hope it magically turns around but I don't know how. I just don't know.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have no words:

ALLEGAN, Mich. (WOOD) — A West Michigan state legislator paid tribute Friday to two men acquitted in the failed plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, with Rep. Rachelle Smit saying she was doing so on behalf of the state.

Not so fast, the governor’s office responded.

“We’re here to recognize Bill and Mike Null for their unfortunate involvement in this scandal, if you will, and that’s what I’m going to call it,” Smit, R-Shelbyville, said at an event in Allegan. “If you would just accept these tributes on behalf of the state of Michigan and our office as your representative in the 43rd District,” Smit said.

The governor’s press secretary called the tribute “disturbing.”

“This goes beyond the pale,” press secretary Stacey LaRouche wrote in an email to News 8. “These types of actions normalize and incite violence against our political figures, and only serve to shake our faith in our values and our institutions. This tribute will further encourage and embolden radical extremists trying to sow discord and harm public officials or law enforcement.”

Smit gave William and Michael Null, of Allegan County, the hometown hero treatment on the steps of the Allegan County courthouse, along with their defense attorneys.

The Null brothers were among 14 men charged in state and federal courts in a plot to kidnap Whitmer in 2020. Nine were convicted and sent to prison, including the ringleaders, Adam Fox and Barry Croft Jr., despite arguments they were entrapped by the FBI.

Five were acquitted, including the Null brothers and Eric Molitor, who were accused of supporting leaders by participating in military-style drills and traveling to see Whitmer’s second home in northern Michigan.

The tribute honored the Nulls for their “courage, unflagging spirt and dedication to our state and the founding principles of our beloved nation.” It thanked them for “keeping alive our cherished liberties.”

The men could have “given up” in the face of a government that betrayed them and “secret police forces” that concocted the kidnapping plot for political gain, the tribute states. But, at great personal risk, each of the brothers “stood his ground, met his government inquisitors in court, and soundly defeated them,” the tribute continues.

Each of the brothers, the tribute says, “is an outstanding example of the kind of person who is not content to sit idly while the forces of tyranny attack our Republic.”

“The people of the state of Michigan owe a debt of gratitude to Mr. Null,” the tribute states.

“I’m glad there still is justice in America,” said William Null, who said he and his brother spent two months in jail. “I spent 30 days in solitary confinement and then another week or two in max security,” he said.

He said they did nothing illegal and that it was his “smiling face” that led to his arrest.

“I just want to thank everybody for their support, the defense team, all of the friends and family that went to bat for us,” Michael Null said. “A lot of people we don’t know stood up for us. They know us and they know we would never be a part of anything like this.”

Smit was reluctant to answer questions about the tribute and whether it was on behalf of state government.

“Well, I am a representative of the state,” she said. “This is from my office, the 43rd District state Representative Rachelle Smit. They are my constituents and I am here to come out on behalf of them and support them in their efforts and grateful that … the charges are dismissed and they are found innocent.”

image.png.73b922717d742581bfa95192d908ac56.png

• WTF 9

6 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The men could have “given up” in the face of a government that betrayed them and “secret police forces” that concocted the kidnapping plot for political gain, the tribute states. But, at great personal risk, each of the brothers “stood his ground, met his government inquisitors in court, and soundly defeated them,” the tribute continues.

And this tribute was "on behalf of the state"?? What does Smit think she's a part of here, if not the actual government?

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.cc36824c03530a56d0e7fbe9cf4fb622.png

Betty the Republicans do all three of those things their way. They love their (white) neighbor, forgive their (Russian) enemies, whom they now claim as friends, and care for the less fortunate big businessmen.

Wait! What Jesus actually said and meant? They might call themselves constitutional originalists but they're not Biblical originalists, unless you argue that they confuse Jesus and the vengeful Old Testament God.

• I Agree 4

I saw that.  Somehow it was even more disgusting that he was booking flights to molest children while he was in his late 70's.  I'm not surprised that he's a Republican.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Another disgusting thing there is the headline "women under 18"... really?

Legally, that means children.

Minors, underage, teenagers, school students, legally incapable of consent especially with a wealthy 70-year-old. Calling them "women" minimizes the reality of the crimes this dude has committed. 

• I Agree 10

I saw this in passing yesterday. If I were a taxpayer in Florida, I’d be furious. 
image.png.25ca39611c71ec0f2bf092b22424f659.png

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 12

• 4 weeks later...

This is a prime example of why so many of us say there are no more "normal" Rs.

image.png.6009386a7d2afe88188385ca19be7bfa.png

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

They’re not even bothering to hide it anymore:

image.thumb.png.12c58c3afcc67d463ae0c85a4dae9ed7.png

• WTF 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The party of family values... (she's from PA)

image.png.4b5c86865b1f57a6a127bbfd736199df.png

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 4

I'm guessing Lindsey has gotten into someone's stash of heavy duty alcohol and/or drugs:

Either that, or he isn't counting women, since the GQP is definitely into women's business.

• Upvote 5

55 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The party of family values... (she's from PA)

Oh, my, even her mother was throwing punches!  The Pennsylvania version of Lauren Boebert, I guess.  😬 

• Upvote 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic