IGNORED

Bill Barr: Cover-up Attorney for Trump

fraurosena

5 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

:shakehead2:

Speaking of Barr, has anyone noticed that he hasn’t been seen in public since the Coney Barret super spreader event in the Rose Garden?

He was one of those confirmed to have been infected. Lately I’ve been seeing speculation on social media that he is really ill with it.

Does anyone have any information on Barr that confirms or denies this?

• Upvote 5

Other than a bunch of MAGA hats camping outside his house to demand he lock up Biden, he seems to have fallen off the earth. 
We probably shouldn’t be talking about him lest he pulls a Rumpelstiltskin 

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's incomprehensible what these people are up to.  I literally can't wrap my head around the crazy.  Firing squads?  Back to the electric chair, which fries people to death?  WHO DOES THIS?

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Howl said:

It's incomprehensible what these people are up to.  I literally can't wrap my head around the crazy.  Firing squads?  Back to the electric chair, which fries people to death?  WHO DOES THIS?

The Pro-Life party, of course. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

Heck maybe we should bring back burning and submersing in water weighted down by stones.  That would have the added benefit of revealing whether or not they're witches.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

I’ve seen numerous comments along the lines of “lethal injection is too humane.  They get a shot and they go to sleep.  They oughta fry ‘em like they used to.”

• Disgust 4
  • WTF 3

2 hours ago, smittykins said:

I’ve seen numerous comments along the lines of “lethal injection is too humane.  They get a shot and they go to sleep.  They oughta fry ‘em like they used to.”

Next they'll want the return public hanging, drawing and quartering. :pb_rollseyes: 

• I Agree 6

That’s what made the whole reich to life house of cards collapse for me along was the boundless hypocrisy of these people. They don’t give two shits about human life once it’s born. Barr is the type who would keep a woman death row inmate alive long enough to give birth than execute her immediately after birth.  I had my way that constipated charmin bear would be stripped of his law license and be in prison for the rest of his life. 

• Upvote 13

"Trump is said to be livid at Barr, with one official suggesting termination possible"

President Trump remained livid at Attorney General William P. Barr on Wednesday, with one senior administration official indicating there was a chance Barr could be fired — not just for his public comments undercutting Trump’s unfounded claims of election-shifting fraud, but also for steps he did not take on a probe of the FBI’s 2016 investigation into Trump’s campaign.

A day after Barr told the Associated Press that he had “not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election,” Trump continued to complain about his attorney general, people familiar with the matter said.

One senior administration official said there was a chance Trump would fire his attorney general and asserted that the president was not merely frustrated over Barr’s fraud-related assertions. The person said that several people are trying to persuade Trump not to do so. Like others, this official spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.

Trump, the official said, was perhaps even angrier that Connecticut U.S. Attorney John Durham did not issue a public report of his findings before last month’s election, and that Barr had secretly appointed Durham as special counsel in October, giving him extra legal and political protection to continue the work he started a year ago. Durham is examining whether crimes were committed by law enforcement during its 2016 investigation of whether Trump’s campaign coordinated with Russia.

“A lot of it is Durham,” the official said. A Justice Department spokeswoman declined to comment.

Asked at a news conference Wednesday whether Trump still had confidence in Barr, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said, “The president, if he has any personnel announcements, you will be the first to know it.”

Throughout his presidency, Trump has often raged about his top law enforcement officials, though he has been less quick to terminate them.

The first time he did so, firing James B. Comey as FBI director soon after becoming president, the bureau began investigating whether Trump was seeking to obstruct justice, a probe that would ultimately be taken over by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III.

Trump toyed with firing Barr’s predecessor, Jeff Sessions, almost from the moment Mueller was appointed in May 2017 — furious that his first attorney general had recused himself from the Russia case. He ultimately did not do so until November of the following year. Similarly, Trump did not fire Mueller, though Mueller’s investigation revealed that he came close to doing so. And Trump allowed Rod J. Rosenstein, Sessions’s deputy who oversaw the Mueller investigation, essentially to leave on his own.

More recently, Trump and his advisers have repeatedly discussed whether to fire FBI Director Christopher A. Wray, though that has not come to pass.

Barr has been one of Trump’s most loyal and effective Cabinet secretaries, often drawing intense criticism for controversial moves at the Justice Department that seem to benefit the president’s friends or allies. But on Tuesday, Barr became the highest-ranking administration official to break with Trump over his election fraud claims, speaking with the AP to say he had not seen evidence of fraud so widespread that it could actually change the outcome.

The interview did not deter Trump. On Wednesday, the president posted to his Facebook page a 46-minute video in which he gave a speech doubling down on his unfounded claims.

Barr’s comments carried caveats. He did not rule out any instances of fraud or election irregularities, and he said the Justice Department had launched some inquiries. But he said most of the claims of fraud that had come to the department generally were “very particularized to a particular set of circumstances or actors or conduct. They are not systemic allegations.”

After the interview, a Justice Department spokesperson noted in a statement that Barr had not “announced an affirmative finding of no fraud in the election,” and added, “The Department will continue to receive and vigorously pursue all specific and credible allegations of fraud as expeditiously as possible.”

But Barr’s comments nonetheless won some credit with those who have been skeptical in the past.

“Barr’s confirmation that the Department of Justice found no evidence of widespread voter fraud was welcome, especially after he had suggested before the election the potential for such fraud,” said Richard Hasen, an election law expert who has criticized the attorney general’s past statements about the election. “Barr’s statement can be seen as a belated recognition that Trump’s fraud charges are hurting the country, or perhaps a way to prevent Trump from continuing to pressure Barr to produce evidence where none exists.”

Before the election, Barr had aggressively criticized mass mail-in balloting.

An associate of Barr’s, speaking on the condition of anonymity to detail private conversations, said Barr decided to speak to the AP in part because he knew questions about the election would continue well beyond his departure from the Justice Department.

“He has to leave, and he does not want there be questions about whether the department was sitting idly by under his watch with respect to investigating fraud,” the associate said.

The person said that there might have been some level of fraud or other irregularities with the election but that the Justice Department’s role was to look for crimes, not to conduct audits or assess the efficacy of the voting process. The associate said Barr thought Congress should examine the matter to “look into what he would say is sloppiness with this election” and to “clean it up going forward.”

In addressing questions about Barr’s comments at Wednesday’s news conference, McEnany said Barr was also seeking to draw a distinction between “the use of the federal criminal justice system with allegations that should be made in civil lawsuits.”

“And the campaign’s litigation is all civil ligation, which is apart from something that the DOJ would be involved in,” she said.

Barr and Trump’s relationship had been deteriorating even before his comments to the AP. One official said the two had barely spoken in recent months, as the president was frustrated by the attorney general’s not releasing any findings of Durham’s investigation before the election and not taking more aggressive steps to back his claims of election fraud. Barr met Tuesday with White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, but it is unclear what they discussed.

Without telling the White House, Barr had in October secretly appointed Durham a special counsel, essentially giving him more political and legal protection once the Biden administration takes over.

The move heartened some Republican lawmakers who have been critical of the FBI’s Russia probe, though it did not satisfy the president, who has pressed for criminal charges against his political enemies and those who investigated his campaign.

Durham’s probe continues, and Barr wrote in a letter to Congress that it had been delayed because of the coronavirus pandemic and newly discovered information.

But it might be unlikely to live up to the lofty expectations Trump has set for it.

So far, Durham has charged only one person, an FBI lawyer who altered a document that helped justify secret surveillance of Carter Page, a former adviser to Trump’s 2016 campaign. The lawyer pleaded guilty and is awaiting sentencing.

Barr has said former president Barack Obama and President-elect Joe Biden are not being investigated in the probe. The Justice Department inspector general — despite finding significant failures in how the FBI applied for warrants to surveil Page — concluded that the bureau had a legitimate purpose to launch an investigation into Trump’s campaign.

I wouldn't shed a tear if Billy-Boy was kicked to the curb.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

Bill Barr is not stupid. He actually might want to be fired. By extricating and distancing himself from the administration, he thinks he can say "See, Trump hated me too. I wasn't working for his personal benefit at all." He might believe that because he got fired he won't be investigated by the new AG.

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

President Trump: "Ask me that in a number of weeks from now."

Um... in a "number of weeks from now" Trump is going to be former president, and I really hope the media as a whole gives him as little attention as possible from there on out. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Judge Box O'Whine is really unhappy with Billy:

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Judge Box O'Whine is really unhappy with Billy:

I see Jeanine's drinking and trying on old prom dresses again.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Barr is out. He is going to spend more time with his family.

Hopefully not for too long. Rufus grant that he’s indicted soon after the Biden administration is inaugurated.

• I Agree 9

44 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

On a farm upstate where there's lots of room to run around?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

42 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Ah yes, spending time with his family.  The excuse of Republicans and other cannons of douche when it looks like their time is up at their jobs.

Attorney General William Barr on Monday said he would resign next week, ending a tenure in which the President Donald Trump loyalist carried the administration's "law and order" message but ultimately dealt the most credible blow to Trump's unfounded claims that the 2020 election was littered with fraud.

His departure was announced by the President on Twitter moments after counting in the Electoral College put President-elect Joe Biden over the 270 votes needed to formally secure the presidency.

Despite escalating tensions between the two men that had burst recently into public view, Trump framed Barr's departure as amicable.

"Just had a very nice meeting with Attorney General Bill Barr at the White House. Our relationship has been a very good one, he has done an outstanding job! As per letter, Bill will be leaving just before Christmas to spend the holidays with his family," Trump tweeted, announcing the news.

And hopefully in the not too distant future he'll be doing time.  Away from his family.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

"Just had a very nice meeting with Attorney General Bill Barr at the White House. Our relationship has been a very good one, he has done an outstanding job! As per letter, Bill will be leaving just before Christmas to spend the holidays with his family," Trump tweeted, announcing the news.

If he actually wrote that, I am the Grand Duchess Anastasia. He was  probably screaming and throwing things, and probably not even capable of tweeting at that moment.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, thoughtful said:

If he actually wrote that, I am the Grand Duchess Anastasia. He was  probably screaming and throwing things, and probably not even capable of tweeting at that moment.

Good point.  Man Baby's staff probably knows enough of his style by now to post tweets that appear to come from him even though he's off throwing a temper tantrum in the corner and not able to focus enough to even operate his phone.

• Upvote 6

Have no fear everyone: this just means that Barr's part in the plan is done!

"President Trump had to let them rig the election. It was the only way to take all the NWO/Communists working with the CCP down. This is a Military Operation. Foreign Election Interference trying to overthrow the U.S. Government = Treason. Military Tribunals are quick."
[Someone commented that it was a "well calculated and executed plan"... what are these people on?]

"Barr worked at Kirkland & Ellis when they worked on the deal between Staple Street Capital and Dominion. His part in the Plan to take down the NWO is complete. We had to set the trap in order to get them all."

I had a feeling his days were numbered when he said there was no fraud... but they seem to have parted on whatever passes as good terms with Trump.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Barr' "resignation" letter doesn't even bother with the "more time with family" excuse. It just kisses T****'s ass for a few paragraphs, then "as discussed, I will [ . . . ] depart on December 23rd." Literally zero reason is given for quitting a job that would have ended in a bit over a month anyway. We all know that whatever reason he cited would be a lie, but he didn't even bother making anything up.

37 days.

• Upvote 11