IGNORED

Dessert before dinner is a "good gift from God that’s been perverted"

love2scrap

14 hours ago, katilac said:

Every day has to be filled with breathless importanc

I once met someone who told me about how they had prayed over the curtains for their kitchen. I managed to keep a straight face. Mostly.

On a episode of Leave it to Beaver this morning, the Beaver asked his friend Larry Mondello why he was eating his cake first at lunch.  Larry said that if he ate his sandwiches first, he might not have room for the cake. Maybe if Larry had just had one sandwich, he'd have had room for both.  

One thing I especially loved about that scene was that Larry had cake frosting all over his teeth just like a real kid would have.  

Denial of pleasure is sooooo self-righteously Christian. These people are just not complete unless they can feel superior to others.

Meanwhile, cake and sex have to be about the two best things in life.  I'm a proud indulger of both.  

4 hours ago, Terrie said:

I once met someone who told me about how they had prayed over the curtains for their kitchen. I managed to keep a straight face. Mostly.

The SNL "Don't Pray So Much" skit in real life! 

Almost all of the baking I do is for other people (family dinners, work friends, church events), but every once in a while I’ll make something just for myself. After I’d recovered from a double-barreled bout of bronchitis plus pneumonia, I was craving something sweet and made a Boston cream pie. It helped me feel better physically and emotionally, and I just might have substituted it for a meal or two. 

And then there’s the old self-pleasure thing. Back in the mid-‘80s, my daughter was seven and taking classes in preparation for First Communion. I took a look at the “Thou shalt not commit adultery” section of her catechism and told her emphatically that there isn’t a damn thing wrong with masturbation.  Lumping rubbing one out for stress relief together with cheating on one’s spouse is a false conflation and pisses me off.

On 10/30/2018 at 3:30 PM, SuperNova said:

Live a little, have cake for breakfast and play with your ding dong.

As long as the girls get to toss the salad. ?

Archived