IGNORED

Pope says Satan is being mean to the Catholic Church.

47of74

Francis: it's the Devil's fault!

The devil is alive and well and working overtime to undermine the Roman Catholic Church, Pope Francis says.

In fact, the pope is so convinced that Satan is to blame for the sexual abuse crisis and deep divisions racking the Church that he has asked Catholics around the world to recite a special prayer every day in October to try to beat him back.

Of course Archbishop Viganò is whining that the pope called him Satan...

Francis’ use of the term “the great accuser” to describe Satan hit a raw nerve with one of the pope’s harshest conservative critics, Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, the Vatican’s former ambassador to Washington.

Viganò, concluding that his former boss had singled him out as the devil in disguise, complained in his next statement that Francis “compared me to the great accuser, Satan, who sows scandal and division in the Church, though without ever uttering my name”.

I'm ready for this party...

popcorn2.jpg.51815e29b3418491aee6699dc38e973b.jpg

Pope Francis should give Satan a time out until he can play nicely with others.

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

Pope Francis should give Satan a time out until he can play nicely with others.

You mean Archbishop Viganò?  Or is it same difference?

If I was Pope there'd be a lot of stuff different about the church right now.  Such as a majority of the priests/archbishops/cardinals/etc being women.  And guys like Viganò and Burke cooling their heels as parish priests somewhere in the middle of the Sahara or above the Arctic Circle.

Archived