IGNORED

Safe at Home 4: Where the thread names change, but the Arndts stay the same

HerNameIsBuffy

• 4 weeks later...

Yessiree, if you missed the last two Classics,  fear not, there's another one a 'comin'!

Spoiler

The manboys cannot catch a break from the non-stop softball, even as November beckons.

Soon will be the trips to upstate NY to refilm Vine Valley scenes originally recorded 10 years ago.   In the meantime, enjoy feeding the ducks everyone!

• Upvote 13

My hope springs eternal that one day I'll see a post where one of these poor kidults lives is moving in a direction. Any direction. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

They do move in a direction! It's just an endless circle. Their lives are just one big softball diamond. 

First base: Feed the ducks; sleep with Emotional Support Penguin

Second base: Play family sports for onlookers like trained animals at the zoo

Third base: Film Vine Valley scenes for Rick, ideally re-shoots

Home plate: Tummy Time with the folks in the Conceptionarium

Rinse and repeat.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 32
  • Love 3

I need an emotional support penguin. That would solve everything.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 7

The Arndts are like groundhog day, but it's groundhog year. The same things year after year after year!

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

The Arndts are like groundhog day, but it's groundhog year. The same things year after year after year!

That we know of.  We see everything through Rick's eyes and I would bet he's selectively informed about things as not to upset him.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

That we know of.  We see everything through Rick's eyes and I would bet he's selectively informed about things as not to upset him.

I sure hope so.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

New(ish) famteam photo on fb:

IMG_1634.thumb.JPG.3d52c58293fb2e816aea7c732fa5e6e7.JPG

I can't harp much on these guys because most everything you hear is how nice they all are, but their fashion just cracks me up. It's the LL Bean dad look multiplied way too many times  - I remember seeing an FJer refer to their style as that a while back, and it still very much applies today ?

Edited by Suz8710
Actually don't know how old this is, as James has been sporting a beard for a while now and doesn't appear to have one here. I've just never seen this photo before.
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

Thanks for posting this. I was getting worried that hell broke loose in Ardnt Valley and something changed. It’s nice to know that the Ardnts provide consistency and stability in this otherwise wacky world.  ?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Suz8710 said:

Actually don't know how old this is, as James has been sporting a beard for a while now and doesn't appear to have one here. I've just never seen this photo before.

My guess is it's last year's Christmas photo.  David is man sized so we know it isn't any older than last year and with that many leaves on the ground it's probably not this year's.  Although it could be.  Not sure how advanced autumn is there.  Here is southern central New England the trees are still mostly green. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I think I know too much about the Arndts, but aren't they in order of age going from left to right? 

• Upvote 2

*scrolls through the latest posts*

Nope, nothing new. Okay, I'll be back to check on them again this time next year. :penguin:

:pb_lol:

• Haha 13

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Luke has a very wide stance...

Lol! I wonder if he was photoshopped in, I'm sure at least one of them was.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

My first thought on seeing that photo was "Yep!  They're on a bridge to nowhere!"

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Elegant Mess said:

My first thought on seeing that photo was "Yep!  They're on a bridge to nowhere!"

It really is amazing seeing them all lined up like that now that none of them are children.

I know it's been asked a thousand times, but how....how??

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, JenniferJuniper said:

It really is amazing seeing them all lined up like that now that none of them are children.

I know it's been asked a thousand times, but how....how??

I so want to email them and ask. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

My guess is it's last year's Christmas photo.  David is man sized so we know it isn't any older than last year and with that many leaves on the ground it's probably not this year's.  Although it could be.  Not sure how advanced autumn is there.  Here is southern central New England the trees are still mostly green. 

I'd agree - I'm a few hours from them and most trees are still leafy green.

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I think I know too much about the Arndts, but aren't they in order of age going from left to right? 

Yes. And I hate myself for knowing that.

In my defense I can't name all the Bateseses.

every other kid has hands in pockets except David.  Rebellion!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I so want to email them and ask. 

I suspect Rick monitors their emails and you'd just get a response back inviting you to their (really Daddy's) prayer circle. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

is it just me or do they all look photoshopped?

They do. It looks like a bad catalogue picture.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic