Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
HerNameIsBuffy

Safe at Home 4: Where the thread names change, but the Arndts stay the same

Recommended Posts

Four is Enough

I can forgive the wide stance if he is truly standing on rocks in a stream as it appears..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
HerNameIsBuffy
1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

They do. It looks like a bad catalogue picture.

It hit me - they look like Colorforms!  Anyone else remember those?  I loved them - but they look like Colorform figures placed on a glossy backgroud.

I think it's all photoshopped.

  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ElToro

It looks like the manboys are walking on water.... They are so very holy...!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meh
formergothardite

The layout of that picture just isn't visually appealing to me. It just seems all off in some way I can't pinpoint. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
HerNameIsBuffy
13 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

The layout of that picture just isn't visually appealing to me. It just seems all off in some way I can't pinpoint. 

I think it's because they are all photoshopped.  The poster who said it looked like a catalogue shoot nailed it, IMO.  It totally looks like 15 separate pics put together to sell polos.

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alisamer
16 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

It really is amazing seeing them all lined up like that now that none of them are children.

I know it's been asked a thousand times, but how....how??

That is craziness. I'd love to hear what they think of the Duggars and other families, with the kids marrying off and popping out grandkids left and right, while literally nothing in their lives seems to change. Surely ONE of them has some sort of hope for a different future. Surely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JenniferJuniper
15 hours ago, Alisamer said:

That is craziness. I'd love to hear what they think of the Duggars and other families, with the kids marrying off and popping out grandkids left and right, while literally nothing in their lives seems to change. Surely ONE of them has some sort of hope for a different future. Surely. 

I used to have hope for the younger ones, but from that photo it looks like everyone has been assimilated into the Borg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meh
formergothardite
16 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I think it's because they are all photoshopped.  The poster who said it looked like a catalogue shoot nailed it, IMO.  It totally looks like 15 separate pics put together to sell polos.

That must be it because I look at it and it just seems all off. They are good photographers I'm not sure why they created such a bad family picture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giddy
Carm_88

I wonder if they will share this year's Christmas picture. Maybe it's less photoshopped?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nikedagain?

Remind me, how old is the oldest? and the youngest? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anjulibai

The oldest, Paul, turned 38 last month. The youngest, David, is 15. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inky

What on earth are these boys waiting for? My oldest is 37, married with 3 kids and about 10 years away from retiring from a good career. Do they ever mention anything about dating?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JenniferJuniper
18 minutes ago, Inky said:

Do they ever mention anything about dating?

Never.

Now, this in and of itself does not mean that a manboy or two has not been out on a date.  Rick is very selective about what he posts (and these days he posts almost no personal information) so if one of them did date, he'd not likely tell us.

But.....they are all still at home.  And 13 of the 14 are legal adults with five or so - I've lost count - in their 30's.  Rick has also been very clear in the past that "they" believe in dating with a purpose aka courting, so his house, his rules is my guess.  Anyone who wants to just date someone with no particular purpose would probably be shunned and/or asked to move out.

Best thing that could happen, IMO.  James, I'm looking at you, cutie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nausicaa

I know I say this on every Arndt thread (but hey, it's an Arndt thread, so repetition seems apropos) but there's no way Rick and Cathy don't realize that this looks weird to other people. 

I'm 34 and unmarried, so I don't judge them on that. But it is noticeable that not a single son has ever even had a girlfriend. And all of them living at home? No outside friends or non-family related jobs in sight? 

Also, Wizzy is really pretty, but it's strange how she has Cathy's mannerisms and style. 

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
HerNameIsBuffy
9 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

there's no way Rick and Cathy don't realize that this looks weird to other people. 

I agree on Cathy.  I am not sure at all if Rick's grasp on reality is strong enough to realize this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aggravated
keen23

They're good looking guys. You'd think they'd realize it at some point. It just boggles the mind how none of them have left the nest yet. I'm two years older than the oldest, and my oldest child is 15 now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alisamer
On October 26, 2018 at 3:22 PM, anjulibai said:

The oldest, Paul, turned 38 last month. The youngest, David, is 15. 

38. Thirty-eight. 

I'm older than him, and still single, so it's not that that gets me. It's the still at home thing.  By the time I was his age, I owned my own home, and had been living away from my parents' house for years. 

Many other fundie kids at 38 are starting to look for someone for their oldest kid to marry! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Howl

I wonder if any of kidults own their own polos and jeans, or if it's just a gigantic communal pool of pants and shirts accessed by the guys; they just pull out whatever color they like that day. 

Hubs rides two different kinds of bikes, goes to boot camp, goes to work and hangs out.  Sometimes I can't believe how much laundry one old guy can generate.  I simply cannot fathom multiplying that by 14 (Rick and all of the boys).  They must have a commercial laundry room.  Even if the guys do their own laundry, it's still crazy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
QuiverFullofBooks

I finally watched the Vine Valley trailer. Has anyone told them that the purpose of a trailer is to demonstrate what the movie is about? There’s a lot of going back and forth between seasons, multiple people fall down in the woods, there’s some softball, and a barn is part of it. Also, washing a pumpkin in the bathtub and drying it tenderly. My overall impression was - WTF? I will say that their part of the country is gorgeous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
HerNameIsBuffy
16 minutes ago, Howl said:

I wonder if any of kidults own their own polos and jeans, or if it's just a gigantic communal pool of pants and shirts accessed by the guys; they just pull out whatever color they like that day. 

Hubs rides two different kinds of bikes, goes to boot camp, goes to work and hangs out.  Sometimes I can't believe how much laundry one old guy can generate.  I simply cannot fathom multiplying that by 14 (Rick and all of the boys).  They must have a commercial laundry room.  Even if the guys do their own laundry, it's still crazy. 

On one of the old videos they showed their laundry room and Cathy's organizing system.  Everyone had their own baskets and except for having two washers/two dryers to my one her laundry room is very similar to my regular one. 

If you think of it like a small dorm it makes sense they could easily manage clothes and laundry, but I'd imagine it would be chaos if they weren't super organized.

I have two boys still at home, both the same size, and whenever I do laundry I always have a pile of underwear which I have no idea whose is whose.  Fortunately they wear different style socks.  Like summer camp I bet the Arndt's have to label some of their clothes...there aren't that many different types of socks and men's underwear to differentiate everyone.

11 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I finally watched the Vine Valley trailer. Has anyone told them that the purpose of a trailer is to demonstrate what the movie is about? There’s a lot of going back and forth between seasons, multiple people fall down in the woods, there’s some softball, and a barn is part of it. Also, washing a pumpkin in the bathtub and drying it tenderly. My overall impression was - WTF? I will say that their part of the country is gorgeous.

To the bolded...what else do you want from a movie?

Seriously, it was all worth it just so i could read that sentence :pb_lol:

Don't they go out east every year to shoot parts of VV in New England?  I know they've shot in Virginia as well.  I am seriously envious of their land, though.  They have a beautiful piece of property.

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
HerNameIsBuffy
23 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

washing a pumpkin in the bathtub and drying it tenderly.

Do you mind if i submit this to be  thread count title?  I can't stop laughing

 

  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Howl

Oooh, I'll keep posting thread filler if it means we can get to "Tenderly Drying Pumpkins" faster! 

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alice in Fundieland

I happened upon the Arndts over the summer. I was reading one of the Jeub threads which lead me to check out Kids by the Dozen which lead me to the Arndts. In their episode, it seemed as though one of the older boys might be interested in one of the young women who was helping with the softball tournament. I can’t remember who she was but they were in the Arndt kitchen and one of them did a TH about how their families had been friends for a long time or something like that. I foolishly thought by the time I got caught up on them in the present day those two might be married. I figured they were laying the groundwork for an emerging courtship. Haha. Hahahaha. Silly me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
usedbicycle

Hi Arndt brothers, if any of you are reading here (and rolling your eyes at us), we would love to have a friendly chat!

I promise that if you look past the snark, we're a pretty nice bunch. Perhaps you could correct some misconceptions we may have about your family and share some of your beliefs and life vision with us?

Wishing you all the best, 

A lady riding a used bicycle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.