IGNORED

Christian Apologists

singsingsing

So the 'Convince me about Jesus' thread in AYTFJ now has someone recommending Lee Strobel's books. *Facepalm* 

I mean, I don't even know what to say, because I don't want to start a fight. But Lee Strobel? Seriously? 

Also, can I just tell you how much I hate the whole 'They're smart and educated and they're Christians!!' argument? WOW, NO WAY! Guess what? All kinds of smart and educated people believe all kinds of weird, ignorant, and/or irrational things! I'm so sick of 'He's smart and he went to law school/has a PhD/is a doctor' argument being used in favour of Christianity. That's not how this works! It's totally irrelevant! And Lee Strobel was an effing journalist. He's not even educated in the subject he's trying to defend.

sifjkhdkjlfhskfsgkl

Lee Strobel's books are so disingenuous and frankly, to me almost cowardly. I know that seems extremely harsh, but I do think it's warranted. He only ever interviews apologists. I am left to conclude that he is simply afraid to face skeptics questions and critical gaze. Either that or he's just to damn lazy to bother interviewing the other side. Neither option says much about his journalistic integrity. Color me unimpressed. 

• 1 month later...

So I have been continuing to post on the "Convince Me About Jesus" thread and am trying to recover from severe eyeball rolling strain. Christianity has 3 people to thank for it's spread, and Jesus isn't one of them. The 3 in question would be the Apostle Paul, the Emperor Constantine, and Augustine of Hippo.

Archived