IGNORED

Updated Spreadsheets

singsingsing

Wasn't sure where to put this, so I figured I'd just make a new post. With the arrival of Felicity Vuolo, I decided it was a good time to post the updated versions of my Duggar spreadsheets! I believe you have to click on the photo, then click on it again to see it full size (edit: apparently this only applies to the couples spreadsheet - anyway, you guys are smart, you can figure out how many clicks it takes. :pb_lol:).

Main Family:

Spoiler

jul2018_mainfam.thumb.png.ec4a43d3b6079b7d13e6f68ac710437e.png

Couples:

Spoiler

jul2018_marrieds.thumb.png.1eb85277cff925079d9fb7f8db2e7729.png

New since last time: A few corrections/tweaks, updated some of the photos, Josiah and Lauren join the marrieds, arrival of Garrett and Felicity, and JD's courtship.

I keep the spreadsheet updated in real time, but I'll only post it again after a reasonable amount of time has gone by and a reasonable amount of stuff has changed. 

Edited by singsingsing
  • Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Wasn't sure where to put this, so I figured I'd just make a new post. With the arrival of Felicity Vuolo, I decided it was a good time to post the updated versions of my Duggar spreadsheets! I believe you have to click on the photo, then click on it again to see it full size (edit: apparently this only applies to the couples spreadsheet - anyway, you guys are smart, you can figure out how many clicks it takes. :pb_lol:).

Main Family:

Hide contents

jul2018_mainfam.thumb.png.ec4a43d3b6079b7d13e6f68ac710437e.png

Couples:

Hide contents

jul2018_marrieds.thumb.png.1eb85277cff925079d9fb7f8db2e7729.png

New since last time: A few corrections/tweaks, updated some of the photos, Josiah and Lauren join the marrieds, arrival of Garrett and Felicity, and JD's courtship.

I keep the spreadsheet updated in real time, but I'll only post it again after a reasonable amount of time has gone by and a reasonable amount of stuff has changed. 

A VISUAL SPREADSHEET! Thank you!

After I'm done with my summer courses and shenanigans I'm actually gonna start making visual graphs of all sorts of Duggar data (mainly pulled from Duggar data), and I'm deffo saving this on my hard drive.

Statistics and graphs are so yummy.

It’s stupidly fun. And also makes it way easier to remember which baby belongs to which couple and how long they’ve gone without a pregnancy and so on!

• Upvote 2

okay over here laughing more then I probably should that you listed Ben as the helpmate and Jessa as the Headship love it. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

okay over here laughing more then I probably should that you listed Ben as the helpmate and Jessa as the Headship love it. 

:my_angel:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, JPickleDuggar said:

You should add the time of births for the grandkids

I was actually thinking that. Will probably add it in the next update.

Nice spreadsheet. I think it'd be cool if you added everyone's hair/eye color :) I'm sure you could find an old TLC webpage that lists them?

For example, I found somewhere online that Jim Bob has light brown hair and blue eyes. I think that's accurate?

Also according to articles, Jessa and Ben started courting Sept 16, 2013. You can probably find the dates of the starting courtships of the other couples online, too.

Edited by Taylurker
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Taylurker said:

Nice spreadsheet. I think it'd be cool if you added everyone's hair/eye color :) I'm sure you could find an old TLC webpage that lists them?

For example, I found somewhere online that Jim Bob has light brown hair and blue eyes. I think that's accurate?

Also according to articles, Jessa and Ben started courting Sept 16, 2013. You can probably find the dates of the starting courtships of the over couples online, too.

I’m super interested in how genetics play out in mega families like these, so I may just add those categories! And I’ll definitely be updating the courtship dates - funnily enough, Keeping Up With Fundies just posted most of them and their sources look pretty good. That’ll probably be a little project for me tomorrow. Awesome suggestions, thanks! :) 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

36 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I’m super interested in how genetics play out in mega families like these, so I may just add those categories! And I’ll definitely be updating the courtship dates - funnily enough, Keeping Up With Fundies just posted most of them and their sources look pretty good. That’ll probably be a little project for me tomorrow. Awesome suggestions, thanks! :) 

Me, too! I love genetics. :) No problem for the suggestion. My only request is to not get hazel and brown eyes mixed up! ;)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Taylurker said:

Me, too! I love genetics. :) No problem for the suggestion. My only request is to not get hazel and brown eyes mixed up! ;)

As a hazel-eyed person myself, I will definitely try my best, haha!

• Upvote 5

Also, for JinJer's official courtship date, I know its listed somewhere in one of the two wedding episodes they had. there's a shot of one of the tables that has a cute-decorated sign with one of those things that had something similar to "the first day:, the best day:, the yes day:" signs I have seen at other weddings.  Though I think it just said courting, engaged, married.  I cant see those episodes on tlcme otherwise I would find it for you! 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Taylurker said:

My eyes are a green/blue hazel, and I once said to a group of friends that my eyes were hazel, and one of them said "No, your eyes are blue".  Glad  he knew better than me what color my eyes are, lol.

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Taylurker said:

My only request is to not get hazel and brown eyes mixed up! ;)

Like Jeremy's mom :pb_wink:

7 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

My eyes are a green/blue hazel, and I once said to a group of friends that my eyes were hazel, and one of them said "No, your eyes are blue".  Glad  he knew better than me what color my eyes are, lol.

Lol wow! I have green/brown hazel eyes, but green/blue hazel count, too! :)

• Upvote 2

Piggybacking off of this thread to show my own spreadsheet. Although, mine is nowhere near as nice. I 've always liked family trees, so I organized it in a similar format. I did the stereotypical pink and blue, mostly because I needed some color.  This is on my Kindle Fire, so that's another reason why it isn't fancy.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-07-25-18-17-53.thumb.png.b1adb00fd8ee01c6f3f91ab24dc20bc2.png

I have one for the Bates, as well.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I just want to say that on my death bed, I'll whisper a prayer with my last breath thanking 6 pound 8 ounce baby Jesus for these spreadsheets. Rufus bless. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 9

9 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I just want to say that on my death bed, I'll whisper a prayer with my last breath thanking 6 pound 8 ounce baby Jesus for these spreadsheets. Rufus bless. 

6 pound 8 ounce? Well Jesus ain't a Duggar then, that's for sure!

Seriously, I was looking at these spreadsheets thinking "wow, there wasn't a single baby born under 7 1/2 pounds." (Well except Josie.) Given what I know from my family and friends and their babies' birthweights I'm surprised.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

• Curious pinned this topic

I pinned this since it seems like something people would use if they had access all the time.  If you want to be able to update your post with new information rather, let me know and I can make that happen.  

They look good.  I loves me some spreadsheets :)

You all probably know this, but we have a genealogy project maintained by the amazing @Bethella

http://fotw.freejinger.org/index.php?ctype=gedcom&ged=fotw2

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, Curious said:

I pinned this since it seems like something people would use if they had access all the time.  If you want to be able to update your post with new information rather, let me know and I can make that happen.  

They look good.  I loves me some spreadsheets :)

You all probably know this, but we have a genealogy project maintained by the amazing @Bethella

http://fotw.freejinger.org/index.php?ctype=gedcom&ged=fotw2

Wow, I really need to update these spreadsheets! Actually, it takes very little of my time and I generally only update every few months (except when I slack off for a year... um, oops) so if I could have the ability to edit my main post anytime, that would be great! I could never compete with @VelociRapture's amazing summaries, but the spreadsheets can be a fun quick way for people to find relatively up-to-date basic info on the Duggars.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

@singsingsing, speaking of needing to update things- I just realized I haven’t updated FOTW in 10 months! I could have sworn it was more recent than that.

• Thank You 1

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Wow, I really need to update these spreadsheets! Actually, it takes very little of my time and I generally only update every few months (except when I slack off for a year... um, oops) so if I could have the ability to edit my main post anytime, that would be great! I could never compete with @VelociRapture's amazing summaries, but the spreadsheets can be a fun quick way for people to find relatively up-to-date basic info on the Duggars.

I've added you to the group for people that maintain threads/posts.   You should now be able to edit your OP here.  If you can't, let me know and I'll go fight the permission monsters some more ;)

3 hours ago, Bethella said:

@singsingsing, speaking of needing to update things- I just realized I haven’t updated FOTW in 10 months! I could have sworn it was more recent than that.

This is me every day of my life.  It's been 3 weeks since I put that email aside to answer "later today"  FML!

Time is hard!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• 3 months later...

Small update: I haven’t abandoned the spreadsheets. I’m currently working on fancy new ones. Life is crazy and sadly for the Duggars they are low on my priority list, but I’m hoping to take advantage of this relative lull in Duggar activity to get them done!

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 3