IGNORED

Exercise Accomplishments

47of74

I've been trying to make some exercise routine changes recently.  Lately I've been checking out some of the walkways and trails around town to see how they are.  I walked the one Mississippi River bridge as it has a pedestrian walkway (and I wish the other one had it too so I could walk that one too).  This morning I walked a trail adjacent to one of the highways.  Wound up being a four mile hike.  I had 10,000 steps in for the day by 10:30am.  I hope Mr. Scale rewards me tomorrow morning for my efforts. 

I turned 60 a few months ago and made up an exercise goal of 60 miles of walking per month (60 at 60).  So far I've accomplished my goal.   I also try to do 25 sit ups per day, but don't stress if I miss a day.  I've kept my goals somewhat small and achievable.  My main goal is to just keep moving.

I think you've done an awesome job.  Most communities have trail systems, so hopefully you'll find all sorts of places to explore. 

• 1 month later...

I went and bought a mountain bike a couple weeks back.  Last week I had a hitch put on, and got a bike rack so I'm able to take my bike out and about.  Getting about eight to nine miles of riding several times a week now.  That wouldn't have been possible pre-VSG.

Archived