• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Curious

Curious' Coloring

Dizzy
Curious

I started taking coloring lessons around November of last year.  I found a great group online and the lessons are reasonably priced.  I thought I would share a few of the pages I have done since then.

I have also discovered the wonderful world of digital stamps and am totally obsessed with them. I'm going to post each page in a separate post so I can talk about it a little bit without posts getting super long.

Edit:  I'm waiting so my posts don't all merge so come back in a few minutes if you are reading this right after I post it ;)

Dizzy
Curious

One of the reasons I decided to try the lessons is because human skin scared me.  I felt like I could never get it right and my people either looked like oompa loompas or zombies.  I mostly just avoided coloring people and it wasn't a huge problem until someone posted a page they did from a Molly Harrison book.

Her people don't require a ton of skin coloring, but almost all her books are filled with people.  This is one I did before lessons.

mollyharrisonhalloweenwitch.PNG

This is the first lesson I did.  It's from Hannah Lynn's Christmas coloring book.  I used prismacolor pencils and the background is drawn in by me!  The original page is just the girl holding the tree.

wip5.jpg

Puzzled
clueliss

very nice.  I still prefer geometrics (when I color) because I can zone out and it requires less thought for me.

Dizzy
Curious
14 hours ago, clueliss said:

very nice.  I still prefer geometrics (when I color) because I can zone out and it requires less thought for me.

Thanks.  I do have a knotwork book which I do enjoy for mindless coloring.  I don't think I've posted anything out of it.  Here is one:

celticknots.PNG

I like mandalas as well, but I usually do animal ones vs geometric.  I have a book of tessellations that I enjoy as well:

pattern2.jpg

Sign in to follow this