IGNORED

What is a "Bible Christian"?

terranova

. I told him that I was a Bible Christian, I knew the Bible meaning(he already knew what it meant)

(quote taken from another thread)

What is a Bible Christian? Does she mean as opposed to a Jehovah's Witness or a LDS who have their own "Bibles"? Are JW and LDS consider themselves Christians?

What is a Bible Christian? Does she mean as opposed to a Jehovah's Witness or a LDS who have their own "Bibles"? Are JW and LDS consider themselves Christians?

Don't know about JW but Mormons yes, my mom was so angry when I asked her as a kid if we were Christians, I didn't know!

A bible Christian is any person who follows the interpretation of the bible that the speaker follows. It means that there interpretation is so correct and obvious that anyone who disagrees with them hasn't followed the bible. It is a very arrogant mindset

Well, a Bible Christian is the one who is better than a Torah Christian or a Koran Christian, obviously. I mean, there are just so many types of Christian that she has to specify which holy text she prefers.

I think perhaps people who refer to themselves as Bible Christians might often consider themselves to be "sola scriptura" or - relying on the Bible alone (or at least, highly prioritized over additional church teachings) for their faith. Some Christian sects take a looser or more allegorical interpretation of the Bible than others, or even disregard parts of the Bible as not applicable, etc. People who are "Bible Christians" are probably more likely to take a strictly literal interpretation of the Bible.

I think perhaps people who refer to themselves as Bible Christians might often consider themselves to be "sola scriptura" or - relying on the Bible alone (or at least, highly prioritized over additional church teachings) for their faith. Some Christian sects take a looser or more allegorical interpretation of the Bible than others, or even disregard parts of the Bible as not applicable, etc. People who are "Bible Christians" are probably more likely to take a strictly literal interpretation of the Bible.

^I was just about to say this.

Archived