IGNORED

Fake Jews and the Enochian calendar

Dinorah

Jocelyn from A Pondering Heart has a post about Sukkot, which I found odd since last time I checked it's not for a while and Rosh Hashanah has barely gone by, but I'm used to fake Jews, and the Dixons in particular, butchering the religion they claim to practice.

aponderingheart.com/blog/?p=5275#comments

However, someone did point this out to her in the comments and she answered that they're following the "Scriptural Enochian Calendar". She also put up a new post rehashing the old argument that Christianity is really the same thing as Judaism, so as usual she's implying that both Jews and Christians have been doing it wrong for thousands of years.

Anyway, has anyone heard of the Enochian calendar and why might fundies like it? From google, it seems like something a little dodgy.

OT but did she photoshop a headcovering onto her profile pic? I could have sworn that wasn't there before.

And I've never heard of that calendar but of COURSE Jewish people have been celebrating Jewish holidays wrong for thousands of years and this one family finally got it right. Thank Yah!

Here's info about the Enoch calendar. Makes a good substitute for sleeping pills.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_calendar

finleeportA Fake Jew is a fundy Christian who starts keeping Jewish laws or, more to the point, what they think of as Jewish laws. They do this without converting to Judaism, and often with wildly inaccurate interpretation and form. It often seems like an attempt to make themselves seem more interesting than just plain ol' Christians.

So they get their ideas from some random book that is only taken as Biblical by people living on the Horn of Africa bordering the Red Sea. That makes sense. No offense to the Eritreans and Ethiopians. I'm just not sure how the Dixons get their ideas.

So the Book of Enoch is not canonical for Jews, but it is for the Ethiopian Orthodox Christians. Why it should be more "scriptural" for Jewish practices is baffling. Sometimes it looks llike they're trying to be bizarre on purpose.

That's really interesting. I didn't even connect it to the Ethiopian Orthodox church, but I should have.

It is true that Ethiopian Orthodoxy goes waaaaaay back and prior to that was heavily influenced by Judaism, but I can't see how that could possibly be more Biblical or more "original" than traditional Jewish calendars. ???

So the Book of Enoch is not canonical for Jews, but it is for the Ethiopian Orthodox Christians. Why it should be more "scriptural" for Jewish practices is baffling. Sometimes it looks llike they're trying to be bizarre on purpose.

Well, apparently it is Canonical for Ethiopian Jews, too. Still, why random Horn of Africa practices should be more "scriptural" for Jewish practices makes no sense.

"Sometimes it looks llike they're trying to be bizarre on purpose."

This is the core of all their actions! Religion is excellent for this, because when ppl start to criticize you for being odd, weird, and whacky, you can cry persecution/religious freedom/whatever. It's a win-win situation for anyone who wants speshul attention!

Archived