IGNORED

College trying to create Trumpenjugend

47of74

Oh how lovely

Amid a backdrop of athletes across the country taking a knee during the national anthem, a Missouri college has unveiled a new, mandatory class that aims to stoke students’ “patriotic yearnings.”

The College of the Ozarks in Point Lookout, Mo., is now requiring all freshmen to enroll in its “Patriotic Education and Fitness” program, which aims to educate students on modern military customs, American politics, and flag protocol and procedures.

It's like "Don't infringe on my rights! I want to do what I want to do cause first amendment"

and then it's also like:

"We will MAKE you take classes/only teach you how to honor the flag you horrible non-American!"

Like you can't win. And the argument is just so hypocritical.

It's like "Don't infringe on my rights! I want to do what I want to do cause first amendment"
and then it's also like:
"We will MAKE you take classes/only teach you how to honor the flag you horrible non-American!"
Like you can't win. And the argument is just so hypocritical.
It just seems weird to force people to do take classes irrelevant to their major TBH, I think this about a lot of requirements that fall under gen ed portions of undergrad. Forcing people to do things they may not choose or want to do if they were required to do seems wrong to me. I can't think of a logical reason for this and that includes "freedom" as an excuse because you don't have freedom if you are forced.

No surprise here (quote from the very end of that article): "The College of the Ozarks was named the most unfriendly school for LGBT students in a Princeton Review survey released in August."

Their website makes it sound almost like a college for "troubled" kids. Just reading their mission and the rest of the description made me feel anxious. I've been to a college like that. NO!

I believe this is the school that the NAIA said now cannot host NAIA basketball games.  (could be wrong on that)

55 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I believe this is the school that the NAIA said now cannot host NAIA basketball games.  (could be wrong on that)

Sounds like it was a mutual decision on the part of the school and NAIA not to have the tournament.  Good.  If the college wants to be so pure and right and holy they and the community they live in can do it without the tournament $$$.  

Archived