IGNORED

Wimbledon Station Bible Panic

Sydney Fox

I just saw this story on the BBC news site. I think I would have evacuated too if some creepy guy started reading the bible and talking about death. There's been so many terrorist attacks in Britain this year, no wonder the passengers weren't taking any chances. Luckily no one was hurt.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-41466140

It generally takes a lot to freak out Londoners, especially when commuting by public transport (source: I was born and grew up in London, and have traveled a lot through the city by public transport even after I moved away).  Someone trying to proselytise would by met by people shuffling away, moving into the next carriage etc (much as if they were being asked for cash). 

And SouthWest trains have such a bad service that rush-hour commuters willingly stopping one of their trains is unthinkable, unless they were genuinely scared for their lives.  I can pretty much guarantee this isn't a case of 'snowflakes' unwilling to hear the word of God - I would bet serious cash he was legitimately scary, and I'd love to see the in-train CCTV of what happened. 

Things like this make me feel like more of a Hobbit. I want to stay in my quiet hobbit hole and eat second breakfast in peace and imagined safety.

I think after everything that's happened in London that would've made me evacuate the train car too. If it had happened here in Orlando I would have gotten the hell out of dodge. You live on a hair trigger after something happens. Now I'd leave no matter where I was and I'd want to drag everybody with me.

*shudders* creepy.

25 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

I think after everything that's happened in London that would've made me evacuate the train car too. 

It might have made me simply evacuate, in general.  

Anything like this is scary these days. We all know that there is no longer such a thing as a safe place.  

Archived