IGNORED

Fundie couple bent out of shape over school allowing boys to wear dresses

47of74

Oh noes

A Christian couple is planning to sue their sons’ Church of England primary school after male students were allowed to wear dresses.

Nigel Rowe and wife Sally are home-schooling their sons, ages eight and six, on the Isle of White after claiming boys at the school had been allowed to wear dresses to class, The Sunday Times reports.

The parents have argued the unnamed school has breached their right to raise their kids in line with biblical teachings.

Nigel said: “Our concerns were raised when our son came back home from school saying he was confused as to why and how a boy was now a girl.

Maybe they were kilts? 

4 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Oh noes

Maybe they were kilts? 

Sounds like they are freaking out over one transgender girl at the school.  

Go ahead and keep them home, fundie bigots. The school is following the law.

One thing that's confused me with this - one of the reports I saw said that one reason they were suing was that the school was going against their CofE faith... but it's a CofE school following the CofE guidelines on transgenderism etc

Their whole argument (this plus the other stuff they said) seems to be either ill thought out or I'm just really not understanding it... especially as they claim to be friends with the other kid's family etc etc

This couple is really horrible.  I've seen them interviewed, and they're all "this boy should get psychological help, it's disgusting" and so on - and this is the child of former friends of theirs!  They got no sympathy from the daytime TV hosts I saw them on.

I am assuming any court case is being bankrolled by that horrible USA-based organisation that encourage bigots to sue.  IIRC they're the ones behind the failed cases where a woman was banned from wearing her cross necklace by her employer (an airline that didn't allow ANY necklaces, for safety reasons, and would have let her wear a cross brooch), the couples counsellor who worked for RELATE who was sacked because he wouldn't work with LGB couples after civil partnerships were introduced (which was bizarre, as he'd always had to work with LGB couples since he started there as it was in his contract) and the one where a nurse was praying over patients who'd explicitly asked her not to.  They seem to bankroll unwinnable cases, I'm guessing because they thing their misleading press releases will get a ton of media attention?

It wasn't even the first time they'd pulled one of their kids from that school. They removed the eldest 2 years ago because of a similar incident about a child who's transgender. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-41224146

Honestly it's a little ridiculous. It reminds me of a lot of the battle about transgender rights with Christians such as the public restroom legislation in the USA. Religious rights vs discriminatory rights. Luckily the UK tends to be less affected by the religious arguments that often cause problems in the USA such as with abortions and LGBT matters. 

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

The parents have argued the unnamed school has breached their right to raise their kids in line with biblical teachings.

Jesus should hurry up and put some pants on. He was running around in a caftan-like outfit from all of the pictures I've seen.

The parents have argued the unnamed school has breached their right to raise their kids in line with biblical teachings.' Boo f'ing hoo. Unless they are being told that their sons have to wear dresses to school that's simply not true. A parent's right to decide how to raise his/her kids doesn't apply to other children. Don't like boys wearing dresses to school? Don't send your son to school in a dress. 

This couple are claiming the are being discriminated against because they can't tell their son to respect a transgendered child. They don't have to agree with it but they shouldn't expect the school to bow down to their every need. The high school in my town has had 3 transgendered kids in the past few years and apart from some negative publicity with the first girl, people have accepted it and moved on. Kids are usually accepting of things when you explain to them about it properly. These two would get on with Derick Dillard, he picks on trans kids too.

I guess the principal is not that sad they have taken their kids out of school, they seem whiny to me. I think that if I were a principal I would have just said "O no, you are leaving, how sad (thinking not really), here is a list of other schools you can apply to." "O you are suing, OK, I am sure your lawyer will contact us then. Have a nice day!" They seem to thrive on attention and making a scene so I wouldn't let them do that as much as I could. 

Archived