IGNORED

Former Senator Larry Craig (of the "Wide Stance") to give interview

WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

Does anyone remember former Idaho Senator Larry Craig? He resigned his position after his conviction for lewd conduct in a men's restroom in the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport became public. (No! He wasn't signalling anything! He just had "a wide stance" in the restroom!)

Wikipedia seems to  have a good summary of the scandal. Or if you prefer original sources, CNN has a transcript of his police interview after he was arrested.

Anyway, he is apparently ready to talk to an Idaho television station, 10 years later. I found the announcement on their Twitter feed. https://mobile.twitter.com/idahoonyourside?lang=en

It was posted 18 hours ago and it looked like this:

Spoiler

(Sorry. I'm not on Twitter and I don't know how to link to it directly.)

I wonder what he has to say? Or maybe it will just be a puff piece, with no hard questions asked? Hmmm.... :think:

Screenshot_20170202-033815.jpg

@WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said: Does anyone remember former Idaho Senator Larry Craig?

Pretty hard to forget Mr. Wide Stance.  I hope he comes clean. Can't think of what he has to say 10 years later that would be about anything else.  

6 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Does anyone remember former Idaho Senator Larry Craig? He resigned his position after his conviction for lewd conduct in a men's restroom in the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport became public. (No! He wasn't signalling anything! He just had "a wide stance" in the restroom!)

Wikipedia seems to  have a good summary of the scandal. Or if you prefer original sources, CNN has a transcript of his police interview after he was arrested.

Anyway, he is apparently ready to talk to an Idaho television station, 10 years later. I found the announcement on their Twitter feed. https://mobile.twitter.com/idahoonyourside?lang=en

It was posted 18 hours ago and it looked like this:

Reveal hidden contents

(Sorry. I'm not on Twitter and I don't know how to link to it directly.)

I wonder what he has to say? Or maybe it will just be a puff piece, with no hard questions asked? Hmmm.... :think:

Screenshot_20170202-033815.jpg

Who the hell says to himself. "Um... I need to pee. I think I'll get a date at the same time". 

@Howl, in the video clip, it sounded like he was talking about fair weather friends who didn't stick with him during and after the scandal broke. If the interview is tonight, I'll see what I can find tomorrow. (And I thought that you might remember him!)

ETA-- @onekidanddone, I knew a young woman whose gay father told her how great public restrooms were for soliciting sex with strangers in the 1980's. She and I were both pretty squicked out by the topic.

Archived