IGNORED

Doctor Criticizes Gwyneth Paltrow for Advising Women to Hold Jade Eggs in Their Vaginas

AmazonGrace

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2017/01/19/doctor-criticizes-gwyneth-paltrow-for-advising-women-to-hold-jade-eggs-in-their-vaginas-all-day/

Holding a jade egg in your vagina all day sounds far from appealing. Yet this is the latest advice given by Gwyneth Paltrow on her lifestyle blog goop. The $66 rocks can, she’s said, help women boost their orgasms, strengthen their vaginal muscles, and improve both their hormone balance and their “feminine energy.”

---

A gynecologist  says pelvic exercises are useful but that the rest of it is both nonsense and an infection risk.  (Maybe goop is the word for the secretions your vagina emits when you get a jade egg infection?)

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 21
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2

It's so disturbing that anyone would ever take pseudo-medical advice from a celebrity. Hopefully, the high price point of the eggs will mean that anyone who uses them can afford a trip to the doctor's and a course of antibiotics if it starts causing trouble. :my_confused:

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

(Maybe goop is the word for the secretions your vagina emits when you get a jade egg infection?)

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I still can't wrap my head around why someone who choose that as a name for their brand.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

This has got to be the most intriguing/disgusting/scary/weird topic title ever. 

So help me - if  you all put 'holding a jade egg in her vagina' as a topic post, I'll have to stop posting before I get there.  Warn me, okay??

Edited by SweetLaurel
adding
  • Upvote 16
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, December said:

It's so disturbing that anyone would ever take pseudo-medical advice from a celebrity. Hopefully, the high price point of the eggs will mean that anyone who uses them can afford a trip to the doctor's and a course of antibiotics if it starts causing trouble. :my_confused:

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I still can't wrap my head around why someone who choose that as a name for their brand.

Me neither. It's not like it's her initials or anything. Celebrities are weird.

• Upvote 5

That's gross... And btw, why would any woman take advice on what to put in her vagina from a celebrity? I mean - wtf?

PS Best. Topic. Title. EVER.

PS2 The worst thing is that it's accurate... what's wrong with this world?

• Upvote 14

Gwynneth (sp?)  I wish I was an expert about everything like you seem to be. I got over that in my 20s. 

Didn't you attempt to popularize steam cleaning vaginas last year or was it the year before?  

I've lost track because I have stuff to do. 

How is that working out for you?

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1

34 minutes ago, Jucifer said:

Gwynneth (sp?)  I wish I was an expert about everything like you seem to be. I got over that in my 20s. 

Didn't you attempt to popularize steam cleaning vaginas last year or was it the year before?  

I've lost track because I have stuff to do. 

How is that working out for you?

I can't take her seriously, she must be the most boring celebrity ever. I feel sorry for Apple and Moses, those kids are not allowed to eat anything fun. I'm all for healthy eating and living but she takes things to the extreme. I hope they rebel and sneak a McDonald's one day.

• Upvote 19

Good God, Gwyneth, just shut up! You know nothing about "real life" and are just making a fool of yourself!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Lol the only thing I  think when I read this is that it is an effective way to build up those kegal muscles. One of those rocks and I might never pee when I sneeze again. (Don't judge me. I popped out a bunch of kids in a short time.)

• Upvote 5

I'm sitting here shaking my head. I get "goop" is one syllable which is supposed to make it memorable.  Like pretentious eating establishments. What I don't understand is what is wrong with that woman. She has no sense of consequences or how non filthy rich people live.

• Upvote 9

16 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Me neither. It's not like it's her initials or anything. Celebrities are weird.

Even by celebrity standards, she's weird. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

weren't there "Ben Wa" balls back in the 70s? For the same reason?

Edited by Four is Enough
  • Upvote 8

1 minute ago, Four is Enough said:

weren't there "Ben Wa" balls back in the 70s? For the same reason?

There are actually a lot of weights specifcally designed to help women increase plevic floor muscles by being held in the vagina. Gwenny goes to the crazy level by acting like jade is super special, instead of super stupid. The proper weights are generally made of inert material that won't later ph levels in the vagina, promot bateriucal growth, etc.

• Upvote 14

16 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

No wonder Chris Martin divorced her, or consciously uncoupled her. 

Perhaps his man bits were all bruised due to her forgetting to remove her Jade egg?

• Upvote 9

NO.

And for further emphasis, NO, AGAIN.

Stop selling overpriced, weird, medically off centre products to star struck fools and use your place of privilege for good.

• Upvote 10

Oh for fuck's sake. No. Actually for no sake whatsoever will I be putting eggs, jade or otherwise, in my vagina. 

Maybe Trump should appoint her to be Surgeon General. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 1

On 1/21/2017 at 8:51 PM, Mela99 said:

So did she make this suggestion before or after she suggested women steam their vaginas?

After. Steaming is so last year. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

Ok, do I really want to know about the steaming?  Did she mean real steam, as in boiling water at 100C/212F?  Please tell me I'm wrong......

• Upvote 4