IGNORED

Cheerleading skirts defrauding

Imrlgoddess

On the Facebooks today. Of course the girls get punished! Let's not have informative sex ed so the male & female students know the importance of self control & healthy bodily function. 

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/10/04/boy-has-impure-thoughts-blames-cheerleaders-skirts-school-punishes-cheerleaders/?utm_source=ET&utm_medium=ETFB&utm_campaign=portal&utm_content=inf_10_60_2&tse_id=INF_00b51190917011e6b6db4d0235f40af5

Isn't that why Michelle Duggar quit cheerleading, because of the effect her skirt was supposedly having on the boys?

The skirts cannot be long, it would hinder the girl's movement, the only things they can wear is spandex shorts or really nice quality yoga pants which are also tight of the body. There isn't really getting around their attire and being able to actually preform their moves.

I doubt the boy really complained to his mother. I think it is more of a case of the mother complained because it bothered her. Knowing it is in Utah means it was more likely to be a Mormon mother who was pissed off witnessing other people not following the Mormon Words of Wisdom and purity. They think bare shoulder are bad and defrauding, cheerleading uniforms would fall under the same line of thought. I think it's more likely of a case of a mother trying to push her religious culture into the public school system trope. I am surprised the school went along with it soo easily with just one complaint. Maybe someone in charge requested the mother to complain so they would have an excuse to ditch the uniforms as they have been wanting.

Went to a tiny little private school where Jesus was headmaster, can confirm, cheerleading skirts are immodest. 

We wore track pants under ours, which were damn near knee length. Being too active wasn't a problem, we shouldn't be bouncing around anyway...:pb_rollseyes:

My niece attends a public high school and is a cheerleader. Her uniform looks nothing like the ones in the picture from the link above, and it would not be allowed. My niece also told me she didn't want her boobs popping out while doing a stunt. That's why her squad's uniform shows no cleavage.

I remember our cheerleaders wrote little sweater type tops with miss thigh skirts, & all had bloomers underneath. 

All the ones I've seen these days are similar... Crop sleeved tops that are kind of high on the chestplate with mid thigh skirts.

I agree @McDoodleDoodleDoo I'd believe it didn't originate with the kid per se... but from mom or another adult who decided to raise hell.

Hmm. Not entirely up on cheerleading, but those outfits in the article seem much more like those seen at university level, or NFL/whatever you call them. From what little I've seen of cheerleading outfits (girl who was in my year at school in Britain moved to America for high school and was a cheerleader), the high school outfits are much more modest. 

Again I think I'm pointing out the bleeding obvious here. Clearly the outfits featured in the article aren't the Timpview High ones. It would've been clearer to provide a photo of the Timpview kit.

The picture used is an NFL cheerleader picture. One of the girls has "Jaguars" and the logo on her top. 

Here's a picture of the actual cheerleading uniforms from that school

1588530.jpg

These are pretty modest cheerleader uniforms. Don't know what part gave the boy his impure thoughts? Asshats unite. 

204353_banner.jpg

We had the pleated skirts when I was a cheerleader in 95-96 and they were short but you could smooth them down before you sat. Now the one below...I'd have a problem with a non-competitive squad wearing it. Its not bad standing up, but without spankies underneath, ass would be hanging out when sitting. Just my opinion though and not based on boys being unable to control themselves but that girls don't need nor should they want to dress so provocatively at such a young age.

Panel-A-Line-Skirt-416KS.jpg

The picture used is an NFL cheerleader picture. One of the girls has "Jaguars" and the logo on her top. 
Here's a picture of the actual cheerleading uniforms from that school

1588530.jpg

This is kind of like my niece's uniform, just different colors.

Our varsity cheer squad wore the skirts Shadoewolf posted, with V neck crop tops. Our dance team did low rise leggings with sports bras.

We were a "Christian" prep school. Even I- not Christian at the time- was like, what on earth is this? You saw most things, or got a good idea of what you were supposed to be visualizing, when they did their dances. These routines would have the girls gyrating their hips against the floor to graphic rap songs. It was...inescapably sexual.

People complained, it changed. But the complaints definitely didn't take that tone. Just that the routines "weren't appropriate for high school girls" and the cheer coaches needed to reevaluate.

I hate to break it to this young man and his mother but, for most boys that age simply being in the same general vicinity of pretty girls will lead to impure thoughts.

Burkas for all women! How is it that men are supposed to be these great leaders and all that head of the home crap but are rendered completely helpless at the sight of kneecaps?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/15/2016 at 8:41 PM, anniebgood said:

These are pretty modest cheerleader uniforms. Don't know what part gave the boy his impure thoughts? Asshats unite. 

204353_banner.jpg

I'm guessing the problem is the defrauding shoulders and lower thighs being visible, according to that asshat. Maybe he thinks all girls should dress like the FLDS.

Archived