IGNORED

Bible Fact of the Day

0 kids n not countin

I love things that make fun about Christianity. I'm a Christian myself and I'm studying theology to become a religious education teacher and I always save comics and memes like this, because it might come handy in the future and I could use it somewhere in my classes.

Excellent comic strip.  One of my lines when random blatherers start in on "the Bible says" is to state "the Bible says many things."  Believe it or not, that usually shuts them up long enough to make my escape.   Now I have the facts (thanks, Peanuts) to reinforce how many things the Bible says.

:happy-smileyflower:

I was surprised to find out that Linus's quoting of Luke on A Charlie Brown Christmas was controversial even in 1965.

I love things that make fun about Christianity. I'm a Christian myself and I'm studying theology to become a religious education teacher and I always save comics and memes like this, because it might come handy in the future and I could use it somewhere in my classes.

Have you watched any John Crist videos on YouTube? The Christian Mingle Inspector is a good place to start!

7 hours ago, Kate11 said:

Have you watched any John Crist videos on YouTube? The Christian Mingle Inspector is a good place to start!

No, I haven't. But I'll check it out. Thanks a lot!!

On 10/7/2016 at 9:56 AM, THERetroGamerNY said:

*looks at Linus*
Yes, but which version? =P

If we're going by fundie logic, it's KJV only, right? :my_biggrin:

On 10/7/2016 at 8:34 AM, smittykins said:

I was surprised to find out that Linus's quoting of Luke on A Charlie Brown Christmas was controversial even in 1965.

Wasn't that more a marketing fear, though? Like they thought it would flop but people loved it? 

And now I've got to go listen to the special's wonderful soundtrack, maybe my favorite Christmas album. Don't care if it's October! 

I love Blimey Cow too, they have a YouTube channel.  They are Christians but they kind of snark on "Christianese" and fundie ideas and things like that.

Archived