IGNORED

California man arrested for crucifix attack

47of74

California must've been tired of Florida getting all the attention;

thesmokinggun.com/buster/assault/california-man-arrested-in-crucifix-attacks-648293

A California man attacked several victims with stolen crucifixes during an early morning rampage that ended with his arrest on robbery, burglary, and assault with a deadly weapon charges, cops report.

According to the Ventura Police Department, Forrest Brantley, 35, broke into the gift shop of a Spanish mission early Thursday morning and stole a pair of crucifixes.

Brantley, seen at right, then attempted to rob a victim of their phone in the mission’s parking lot. “When the victim refused to give Brantley the phone, Brantley hit that victim with one of the crucifixes,” police charge.

Brantley then began walking down Ventura’s Main Street “and did the same thing to two more victims, striking them with the crucifix,” cops reported. He subsequently broke the car window of a 75-year-old man who was seated inside the vehicle and “struck the man, causing him injury.”

For some reason I immediately thought of the one scene in The Exorcist.  Maybe he's hosting the same demon?

@47of74 you always find the critical news of the day, and I thank you for that :)  

Who knew that a crucifix would ever be considered a deadly weapon?!

1 hour ago, MarblesMom said:

@47of74 you always find the critical news of the day, and I thank you for that :)  

Thank you @MarblesMom!  That makes it all worthwhile!

I think just about anything could be a deadly weapon if used that way.  Except hands and feet.  Court says those don't count.

we have this hilarious long-running one-woman show called "late night catechism" where the wacky nun teaches the class which is the audience. i answered a question correctly, and she awarded me with a crucifix with a switchblade inside. she said now i'd have all the protection i'd ever need!

12 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Well, it IS a cross, and that's how they used to execute people back in the (Biblical times) day...although they just strung up up on it, not beat you with it.

i answered a question correctly, and she awarded me with a crucifix with a switchblade inside. she said now i'd have all the protection i'd ever need!

@griffin That's awesome! I've always wanted to see that show. It used to come to the State Theater in Easton pretty frequently when I was growing up, but my Mom was pretty much traumatized by the Nuns at her Catholic school in the sixties, so it was a no-go. :-(

Archived