IGNORED

Non thinking housewife hates Elie Weisel

lilah

Not at all surprised that The StinkingLousewife would hate Elie Wiesel.  She does pretty much hate everyone though.

That's pretty disturbing. Mr. Wiesel was even in the famous photo taken during the liberation of the Buchenwald concentration camp. Then again, just looking up to confirm that fact did turn up a bunch of Holocaust denial and anti-Wiesel websites, so sadly this lady isn't alone in her thinking. 

I am speechless. . . How could anyone hate Elie Weisel? Aren't there more worthy targets for hate than a man who lost his entire family? 

I actually know a woman who worked with Elie Wiesel. She said he was a quiet, humble man.

That is why I tend no to trust conspiracy theorists, sure governments lie to us. But we have proof from holocaust survivors, guards who witnessed the holocaust and the troops who liberated it. As someone who is about to study to become a History teacher these people aggravate me. Many families are still living with the fallout of the holocaust and people who claim it didn't happen must piss them off. 

16 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

That is why I tend no to trust conspiracy theorists, sure governments lie to us. But we have proof from holocaust survivors, guards who witnessed the holocaust and the troops who liberated it. As someone who is about to study to become a History teacher these people aggravate me. Many families are still living with the fallout of the holocaust and people who claim it didn't happen must piss them off. 

My paternal grandmother was from Moravia.  Her brother had a disability, from how my grandmother described it maybe hydrocephalic with a cognitive impairment.  He was murdered as part of the Nazi euthanasia program when he was 9.  How anyone can look at archives of Nazi atrocities or walk through a concentration camp  and deny it happened it is beyond me.  The people who claimed it did not happen don't piss me off, rather I feel a profound sense of sadness that the deaths of millions are not acknowledged.

Laura is so hateful, that I'd be worried if I ever agreed with her, about anything.

Anyway, she's quoting a well-known Holocaust denier, Faurisson.

The Allies took pictures as they liberated the camps.  Wiesel is in one of those pictures.  They have films that they took as well.  Hell, you can test the DNA in the massive pile of fucking ashes that they have at Majdanek.

And now she is implying the Nice attacks are a conspiracy because no one moved out of the way ( not true) and they had government drills a few days before.  Does this woman have no shame????

3 hours ago, PsyD2013 said:

My paternal grandmother was from Moravia.  Her brother had a disability, from how my grandmother described it maybe hydrocephalic with a cognitive impairment.  He was murdered as part of the Nazi euthanasia program when he was 9.  How anyone can look at archives of Nazi atrocities or walk through a concentration camp  and deny it happened it is beyond me.  The people who claimed it did not happen don't piss me off, rather I feel a profound sense of sadness that the deaths of millions are not acknowledged.

I'm currently reading "The Gene" which includes a section about the Nazi eugenics program, which was the precursor to the extermination camps. It was horrific reading about how German parents would present their disabled children to the committee to be euthanized. PARENTS.

No matter what evidence you present to some people, they'll find a way to deny it. I swear, you could probably transport them back in time to be eyewitness and they'd still claim it was all a lie. I don't think I could ever remain civil if I met one of these idiots.

That the Stinking Lousewife is a denier is absolutely no surprise to me. I try to avoid her as much as possible.

20 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I tend not to trust conspiracy theorists because a lot of the really big ones (Holocaust denial, people other than who we know for a fact did 9/11 did 9/11, etc.) would require a level of planning and coordination that most governments are honestly not competent enough to carry out, and would require WAY too many people to keep a secret, tell the exact same lie, or all collectively want to plot against one specific person. And conspiracy theorists also piss me off because there are plenty of shady and terrible things that governments and other people have done and are doing, and by focusing their whackadoo energies on categorically false theories, conspiracy theorists are undermining the actual journalists, muckrackers, and investigators who are exposing real shit.

27 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

And now she is implying the Nice attacks are a conspiracy because no one moved out of the way ( not true) and they had government drills a few days before.  Does this woman have no shame????

I feel like at some point it just moves from ignorance into willful disregard of facts.

I don't see how a person could say that unless they have never seen a motor vehicle or a crowd. Even a slow-moving vehicle may be faster than people's reaction times, especially in a situation where they have no idea that's a hazard they should be watching for, and in a crowded area there may be nowhere to move to even if you are aware of the hazard because there will be other people blocking your path. Fast coordinated movement of a crowd without a prior plan is virtually impossible, especially if that crowd is in a panic - which the killer was obviously well aware of - so it's just not realistic to assume people could get out of the way.

Holocaust denial seems likewise willful. The amount of evidence and the number of eye witnesses who were both victims and confessed perpetrators simply does not leave any room for doubt. Obviously any normal person wishes there hadn't been a Holocaust, but there was, and denying it does not make reality go away.

Wow - she has always come across as uncommonly hateful. I know plenty of fundie and fundie-lite folks who are very strict in how they think people should live, but usually they don't have that bitter, hateful edge that TH does.  With the holocaust denial and other conspiracy theory posts, she seems to be moving from nastiness into straight-up delusion.  She just seems unhealthy.

I read his book, and then got to hear him speak while I was in college. While I can't quote anything specific that he said since I have a crappy memory, I remember how I felt listening to him. He was quiet, but his words were powerful. I cried... How anyone can deny that the Holocaust happened is simply unbelievable to me...

• 2 weeks later...

Non thinking housewife is a "sedevacanist."  She thinks that the last true pope was Pius XII.  They are all anti-Semitic.  The Southern Poverty Law Center has a whole section about them.  

Archived