IGNORED

Hell Freezes Over--Abigail Taking Bar Exam

GeoBQn

Glad know it's environmental causes that are driving her back into the evil workforce and not, oh, making sure her kids have enough to eat. Maybe once she's practicing again they won't have to short the grocery budget to pay for those cello lessons and gym memberships.

My first question:  why does she want her law license BACK???

Unless she didn't keep up her CLE credits, it takes a lot to lose that license.

P.S. never heard of this chick before. And her photo is defrauding me because her Satan's doorknobs are showing. 

Abigail is the "more Catholic than the Pope blogger," right? I wonder if she was inspired by Laudato Si. It seems that a lot of Catholics were. 

2 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

My first question:  why does she want her law license BACK???

Unless she didn't keep up her CLE credits, it takes a lot to lose that license.

P.S. never heard of this chick before. And her photo is defrauding me because her Satan's doorknobs are showing. 

She didn't keep up her credits. She spent a ton of money (or her parents did) to go to law school, but she barely practiced before deciding it was WAY more holy to be a SAHW/M. She is a professional martyr.

That post is still so cloaked in All Things Abigail. Girls' sports were underfunded when she was in school, and THAT'S why she never felt confident enough to keep up with athletics (even though she ran cross-country??). But it isn't enough to get back into running, she has to pull from their grocery budget to get a gym membership. I get that...I feel more motivated using the gym than trying to run on my own, but I'm not trying to feed 6 kids on a single income.

I do wish her well, though. She doesn't have the toxic beliefs that so many fundies have; she strongly condemns anti-gay rhetoric, and speaks positively about immigration/globalization. I think she's growing as a person, but again, she has 6 kids depending on her. The time to spread her wings and really get to know herself as a person was about 20 years ago. She really reminds me of an older version of Raquel. Just so self-centered, and so preoccupied with navel gazing :pb_confused:

Is she the one who took a vow of poverty? (For her own version of poverty, that is)

54 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Is she the one who took a vow of poverty? (For her own version of poverty, that is)

Yes, she was trying to be a lay Carmelite for a long time. I don't think it worked out, because she's incapable of finishing anything. 

I hope this means she'll send her kids to school now. 

Abigail never seemed hateful to me (well, except for that guy who wanted the Notre Dame puzzle) but just so clueless about not spending money she didn't have on stuff she didn't need - when there was stuff HER KIDS needed.

Abigail isn't as hateful as people like Zsu or Lori. There have been times she has been shitty on her blog. She trashed her parents for putting her in daycare as an infant and said it was like being in an orphanage. She is very bad managing money which has come through in many blog posts. She is very weird when it comes to Catholicism and she has pissed off Catholic FJers. I was raised Catholic, but am longer practing and Abigail still pisses me with her Super Catholic attitude.

Good luck to her, hope she passes and is able to get her license back.

19 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

Abigail isn't as hateful as people like Zsu or Lori. There have been times she has been shitty on her blog. She trashed her parents for putting her in daycare as an infant and said it was like being in an orphanage. She is very bad managing money which has come through in many blog posts. She is very weird when it comes to Catholicism and she has pissed off Catholic FJers. I was raised Catholic, but am longer practing and Abigail still pisses me with her Super Catholic attitude.

Yeah that's one thing that boils my water is when people run around with a Super Catholic attitude.  I also was raised a Catholic and it even back then it was one thing that got under my skin was the people who acted like that - both clergy and lay.

I hope she's a better lawyer than she is a SAHM- I still shake my head over the refrigerator.

18 minutes ago, lawfulevil said:

I hope she's a better lawyer than she is a SAHM- I still shake my head over the refrigerator.

And the broken piece of Hobby Lobby crap to support the "healthcare martyrs" :pb_rollseyes:

13 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

She is an entitled, spoiled, pointless, upper middle class white person - a basic dilettante whose first world problems are never enough. But she is basically harmless to anyone she is not related to, so she is good laugh, anyway!

4 hours ago, teachergirl said:

Does her husband work?

Her husband is graphic designer and works in DC.

okay...yeah, that wouldn't be much to live on in that area with a boatload of kids, a commute and student loans.

So where she is she going to keep her children if she's out being a lawyer? Surely not one of those evil 9-5 orphanages. 

Holy test patterns, Batman!  That is one .... interesting ... family photo on her blog!

What's the deal with her refrigerator?  I'm too lazy/tired to go searching for interesting nuggets about her. But I'd be grateful for some entertainment-snark tonight. :D

Isn't she the one that carries the CF gene and so does her husband? I remember having to step awa when I was pregnant with my daughter and I am a carrier of the  gene. One of these fundies drove me to hormonal tears. 

On 6/24/2016 at 9:50 PM, lawfulevil said:

She got rid of the fridge. I cannot understand her logic sometimes. I thought lawyers were supposed to be smart? :my_confused:

I also will never forget her driving her daughter to her dance class and praying the whole way to mommy Mary or Saint Teresa or whoever to get them there on time. The way she wrote it, you would have thought it was a heart-pounding drama unfolding as they navigated red lights and missing dance leotards. Only her mommy in Heaven, Mary, understands the trials she goes through as she raises babies for Jesus. 

13 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

What's the deal with her refrigerator?  I'm too lazy/tired to go searching for interesting nuggets about her. But I'd be grateful for some entertainment-snark tonight.

She gave up their full-size refrigerator because it took up too much space in the kitchen, and it was "so depressing" that it was never filled with food :pb_rollseyes: They bought a dorm-size mini fridge for the family of 7, and she was super-excited that it only costs $40 a year to run! But she would completely ignore the fact that she probably spent an extra $250 or more buying huge quantities of milk in half-gallon rather than gallon containers because they don't fit. Plus the extra time and gas to go to the grocery store every other day because there's no room to stock up on fresh food. She consistently misses the forest for the trees. 

http://abigails-alcove.blogspot.com/2013/04/shocking-confessions.html

12 hours ago, Wenny said:

Isn't she the one that carries the CF gene and so does her husband? I remember having to step awa when I was pregnant with my daughter and I am a carrier of the  gene.

So she says. I still maintain that there is a good chance she is exaggerating the risk because she is a total drama llama. Otherwise she has gotten very lucky not to have a child with CF among her six. I think she deleted her most hysterical entry, but there's some discussion of it here.

^^^^I completely agree. There's a significant price jump between 2 half-gallons and a gallon. For organic milk here, you pay about 15% more to get smaller containers. For my husband/me, it makes sense- I only use small amounts of milk to cook with (lactose intolerance) and he drinks milk only occasionally. The rest would just go bad. For a family that buys 3.5 gallons a week, it's NUTS. That's hardly the end of it, I often find the larger sizes of things on sale for roughly the same price as the smaller sizes. With two people to feed, it makes a difference. With SEVEN?

It always baffled me that she went to law school because she seemed terrible at research and critical thinking. If she was really THAT worried about how much the power was costing her, she could have purchased a couple small chest freezers off Craigslist or from a used appliance store and turned one into a fridge (kept one as a freezer). It would have cost less than the dorm fridge plus the 15% surcharge on milk for a year, and used the same amount of power.

Sure, housewives in the 50s managed with small fridges. My great-grandmothers did- they also mostly had huge gardens, root cellars, and did a lot of canning/preserving. They also ate basically the same thing from week to week, and most of it was functional but not particularly tasty by modern standards.

Gosh, well done Abigail - hope it all goes to plan for her. I'm sure it will benefit her family as well as the environmental causes dear to her heart. 

I agree with those people saying that Abigail doesn't score highly on general hatefulness. I'm fascinated by her because there seems to be a slight disconnect between Abigail's world, and the world in which the rest of us live. There is SEVERE drama, some of which she has brought on herself (e.g. giving away her sensible fridge) or created from thin air (e.g. believing that her daycare experiences as a child were comparable to having been brought up in a soviet-style orphanage).

Abigail is not only the centre of her own world, but the centre of everyone's world. 

http://www.abigailbenjamin.net/movie-reviews/

Have a look at the Star Wars review at the above link. I think it illustrates Abigail's disconnect very nicely. I've read it four times and am still shaking my head!

(apologies if this has already been discussed - I couldn't find anything by searching)

Archived