IGNORED

Lice finding biz

MarblesMom

11 hours ago, Ali said:

My daughter only missed two days of school when she had lice and we possibly would have been able keep it at one day of missed school. The principle included a link to information about lice in every email he sent out to the parents.

That makes even less sense than exclusion in the first place. They are not absolutely clear until it's been some time over a week (can't remember exactly how long).

7 hours ago, August said:

That makes even less sense than exclusion in the first place. They are not absolutely clear until it's been some time over a week (can't remember exactly how long).

It takes about two weeks to ensure that you have gone through the life cycle and are completely lice free. When my daughter had lice, we used the lice shampoo, combed her hair for hours until we got out all the nits, and then checked her hair for nits every few days.

The secretary checked her hair for nits when we brought her back to school and she could not find any, so she was allowed to return to school. It is possible that a nit could have been missed when my husband and the secretary checked her hair. This is why it is recommended to check every few days. 

Even though we missed school (& work) due to lice, I was not annoyed about it because we did not want to spread it more. I doubt kids with itchy heads are concentrating on schoolwork.

I wondered why the class went through several outbreaks. The girls had it much worse because of long hair.  

Archived