IGNORED

Brad and Greta - Hashtags for Jesus

Buzzard

These incredibly annoying people seem to have coopted some of our favorite fundie's commonly used hashtags to pimp out their essential oil business.  They promise their website is "coming soon" so I'll wait for that with baited breath.  Right now its not in english...

http://bradandgreta.com/about/

They are a christian homeskooling family of 7 - 5 kids plus one on the way.  No sign of another job other than oil pimping, but without a real blog its hard to tell.  Their house looks nice and his shirts arent cheap so I'm really curious what their deal is.

Enjoy ridiculous videos such as "brad driving while pimping oils"

http://websta.me/p/1232170534820093033_2954172534

A video showing nothing but water filling a bathtub... and for some reason they thought it was a good idea to install the faucet IN THE CEILING

http://websta.me/p/1241701493256985891_2954172534

Buying beets...

http://websta.me/p/1237249704273092137_2954172534

Offering medical advice - Dont take tums, take oils! Cuz your "stomach" will thank you

http://websta.me/p/1233747423380610231_2954172534

Did you know essential oils cure cold sores?  I guess only if you buy it from them!

coldsore.jpg

"Essential oils are amazing and so is this business opportunity." 

Sounds like they are trying to be at the top of the essential oils pyramid, and bringing sellers on board, but that's how it works, right?  It's about trying to get people to sell essential oils for you. 

15 minutes ago, Howl said:

Sounds like they are trying to be at the top of the essential oils pyramid, and bringing sellers on board, but that's how it works, right?  It's about trying to get people to sell essential oils for you. 

Yup. Its just like all the other pyramid scammy "AMAZING" products out there.

I almost got caught in the Young Living oils net. Thankfully the logical side of my brain told me to do more research, and I discovered their ideology and the fact that it's a pyramid scheme. I do use some oils, like lavender and eucalyptus, for aromatherapy. That said the claims they make are ludicrous. I can't believe I almost fell for it.

Oh sooooo many things to say. The first is, WHYYYYY. Why. WHYYYY?!? 

To the ceiling-faucet? 

To the un-website? 

To the oils? 

To the kiss-me graphic?

Whyyyyyy?!

As of their wedding announcement ten years ago (I just googled Brad Greta Iowa), he was selling cars.  She has a Bachelor's degree and wore a strapless gown, so wasn't at that time a fundie in the vein of many we discuss here, I'm guessing.

I guess they didn't pay any attention to the way that Young Living was formally censured by the FDA for making exactly those kinds of medical claims about their fragrance product.

They've thoughtfully posted their phone number in case you're pining for essential oils and/or seeking Jesus.

Their non-English website is actually kinda amusing to read. 

1 hour ago, Geechee Girl said:

Was that a tv on the wall over the bathtub?

Yes. That's why their faucet had to go in the ceiling. But it's cool, because now than can fill their tub with the relaxing sound of a cow pissing on a flat rock. 

On 10/5/2016 at 6:08 PM, Buzzard said:

They promise their website is "coming soon" so I'll wait for that with baited breath.  Right now its not in english...

http://bradandgreta.com/about/

On 10/5/2016 at 9:40 PM, FundieFarmer said:

To the un-website? 

On 14/5/2016 at 2:23 AM, Mary C Doates said:

Their non-English website is actually kinda amusing to read. 

In publishing and graphic design, lorem ipsum (or simply lipsum) is standard placeholder text used to demonstrate the graphic elements of a document or visual presentation, such as font, typography, and layout. Lipsum also serves as placeholder text in mock-ups of visual design projects before the actual words are inserted into the finished product. When used in this manner, lipsum is also called greeking.

https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

Whoever C&P the "lorem ipsum" made such a mess of it that I didn't recognise it at first. It sounded so very familiar though that I had to google it. Poor Cicero so proud of  his ars oratoria is spinning into the grave. Anyway it seems that the website is still waiting for real content.

1. Would not want to be in a car being driven by Brad.

2. Brad is angling for a TV show.

3. Brad is sitting on the same shelf of stupidity as JB Duggar. Don't know what a Beet is? Don't know what a Plantain is? So hey make a video of said stupidity and show it to the world.

4. Hey TLC its ME BRAD. 

5. You out there TLC??? Anyone??? It's ME BRAD?????

Yes. That's why their faucet had to go in the ceiling. But it's cool, because now than can fill their tub with the relaxing sound of a cow pissing on a flat rock. 

I was waiting for something to go very, very wrong and the faucet to go haywire into the tv.

I cannot get anything but the redonkulous driving video to work. Why are they promoting a website with NOTHING on it?

His video in the car made me so nervous. He spent half the time not looking at the road! 

Wouldn't that ceiling faucet splash water everywhere? 

I read this days ago. And woke up this morning thinking about how ridiculous that ceiling faucet is, so this is now faucet family to me.

Also, this oil crap. I'm sure it's useful, but my MIL is nuts over Young Living, so I have some I don't know how to use. She is also constantly trying to get me to attend *dinners* with her and these oil people.

Feels scammy.

I have some oils and an oil lamp diffuser thing and I get annoyed at how quickly it's out of water as it's diffusing. That alone makes the whole thing frustrating, let alone feeling like an oily mess rubbing them on my temples to MAYBE make a headache go away? I'm skeptical but at least they smell nice!

2 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

I have some oils and an oil lamp diffuser thing and I get annoyed at how quickly it's out of water as it's diffusing. That alone makes the whole thing frustrating, let alone feeling like an oily mess rubbing them on my temples to MAYBE make a headache go away? I'm skeptical but at least they smell nice!

I've thought of buying some oils and a diffuser from Muji (that store always smells so good and it would be nice to have some pretty scents in my apartment, since fresh flowers are out of the question with my allergies and total inability to care for plants), but I'm very skeptical about the efficacy of essential oils to do anything besides smell nice and make you feel good/calm because you're smelling nice-smelling things.

I use a few (rose hip seed, frankincense, and tea tree,) that have significantly cleared up my skin, and I'll take a little peppermint oil if my stomach feels off, but this new trendy obsession with oils is so odd to me. None of these people have ever been able to tell me the active ingredient and its mode of action in whatever oil they're hawking that will cure cancer and diabetes, but pharmaceuticals are bad because "chemicals!"

Archived