IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures Pt 10 - David Pleads Guilty - Merge

happy atheist

27 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

So...I don't get prank pregnancy announcements. Tell a bunch of people you're pregnant, then say haha! You believed me! Well ya...we're grown adults and you said you were pregnant.... :my_confused:

Isn't it weird!?  Totally with you on this one

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

So...I don't get prank pregnancy announcements. Tell a bunch of people you're pregnant, then say haha! You believed me! Well ya...we're grown adults and you said you were pregnant.... :my_confused:

It's also pretty fucking insensitive toward women who are struggling with infertility or pregnancy loss.

7 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

It's also pretty fucking insensitive toward women who are struggling with infertility or pregnancy loss.

This. A million times over. 

3 hours ago, Chicken bones said:

This. A million times over. 

Hear, hear!!!eleventy!!!

So are we sure she's not pregnant?  That was really odd.  I saw the announcement, and promptly forgot it.  I think it helped that we're in different times zones, so it would be March 31st here.

2 minutes ago, Koala said:

It was very detailed and sincere sounding to be an April Fools...

Through my British dark comedy lens, it looked at first like an attempt at self-deprecation and irony.  I'm not sure she is all that self-aware though.  I suspect it was another Lauren-tries-to-copy-the-popular-girls effort.

A more astute Lauren would probably have pulled off a lengthy version the pre-1 April "please be sensitive to women with fertility issues" posts, with much better "success". ;)

I agree with @blessalessi.  It was very odd for being a joke.  And I agree, I think  the "fertility issues" (with no joking!) would be more Lauren.

• 3 weeks later...

Judging by her more recent posts it looks like he depression may be setting in again.

or she really doesn't like aprons.

I really struggle reading her blog. I can't even hate read it. It is so depressing. Honestly, it gives me the chills and makes me want to hug my kids close and thank goodness I have a loving husband who is a wonderful father. 

When she writes things like that I can't help but remember her telling her daughters that their brother's death was "neutral"- as if they hadn't the right to be devastated.  Makes it very hard for me to feel compassion for her.

In other news- Do we know if the pregnancy announcement was an attention grabbing lie, or real? 

28 minutes ago, Koala said:

When she writes things like that I can't help but remember her telling her daughters that their brother's death was "neutral"- as if they hadn't the right to be devastated.  Makes it very hard for me to feel compassion for her.

In other news- Do we know if the pregnancy announcement was an attention grabbing lie, or real? 

I know. I don't know if that is her fucked up way of dealing with it or really thinks it is better for the girls, or what. I still can't help but feel a bit saddened for her.  I know that isn't a popular opinion and I am far from a fan of hers, but her behavior makes it even more depressing. I feel sick thinking of baby elijah. 

I know better than to look at her blog. But, I always go back. 

26 minutes ago, Witherwings said:

I know. I don't know if that is her fucked up way of dealing with it or really thinks it is better for the girls, or what. I still can't help but feel a bit saddened for her.  I know that isn't a popular opinion and I am far from a fan of hers, but her behavior makes it even more depressing. I feel sick thinking of baby elijah. 

I know better than to look at her blog. But, I always go back. 

I think everyone feels saddened for her on some level, or at least I'd hope so. The basic fact is that her husband murdered her infant son, and she's been left to raise four daughters alone in the wake of the tragedy. Hard not to have compassion for somebody that situation, even if you don't like how she's handled it, which I'm sure most of us don't.

Not trying to defend her. The thing about blogs is it only tells part of a story. She may of believed what she wrote when she wrote it, but it doesn't mean she feels the same now. She does not mention Elijah, maybe it's too painful. I cannot imagine the pain or the run of emotions.

I am making excuses because my brain will not let me think she is that cold. I cannot fathom it.

17 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

Not trying to defend her. The thing about blogs is it only tells part of a story. She may of believed what she wrote when she wrote it, but it doesn't mean she feels the same now. She does not mention Elijah, maybe it's too painful. I cannot imagine the pain or the run of emotions.

I am making excuses because my brain will not let me think she is that cold. I cannot fathom it.

I completely agree with you here. I don't think you are making excuses, I think you are being logical about this. We are talking about someone who had her infant murdered by her husband. Someone who has had a weird upbringing and who was living a pretty strange lifestyle. I don't know that her behavior is shocking given all factors. :(

On 4/5/2016 at 11:19 AM, eightykatie said:

So are we sure she's not pregnant?  That was really odd.  I saw the announcement, and promptly forgot it.  I think it helped that we're in different times zones, so it would be March 31st here.

She pulled it down quite soon afterwards. I suspect among her many FB friends there are at least a few who pointed out how not-funny, not-even-original her April Fool's joke really was.

1 minute ago, Black Aliss said:

She pulled it down quite soon afterwards. I suspect among her many FB friends there are at least a few who pointed out how not-funny, not-even-original her April Fool's joke really was.

That is what I was thinking. Either that or she truly is pregnant and didn't think about when she was posting it, then realized she wanted to be taken seriously and will post again? That seems far less likely, but who knows. 

I missed the pregnant thing, just saw the depressing stuff.

i wouldn't be surprised either way she has a warped sense of what is appropriate.

She seems to really be hurting. It's unusual for her to admit it.

But this:

Despite owning my experience as a perfect part of my journey, I still resent the ignorance and feel disappointment at the callousness of others who have not practiced compassion.

is making me give her the side-eye.

16 hours ago, happy atheist said:

She seems to really be hurting. It's unusual for her to admit it.

But this:

is making me give her the side-eye.

Yeah,  all on her terms. 

She's now well and truly finished with her enormous project she distracted herself with, the one she started 6 months or so after Elijah's death. The wooing of people to be a surrogate for, the conception process, the pregnancy, the flights and travel and birth and all the "you are so giving" leghumper love. That's all over now and she's left with the reality of grief. I am relieved to read she is seeking help and support for it.

2 hours ago, bubblekitty said:

She's now well and truly finished with her enormous project she distracted herself with, the one she started 6 months or so after Elijah's death. The wooing of people to be a surrogate for, the conception process, the pregnancy, the flights and travel and birth and all the "you are so giving" leghumper love. That's all over now and she's left with the reality of grief. I am relieved to read she is seeking help and support for it.

I hope she gets the girls help, too.

4 hours ago, 16strong said:

I hope she gets the girls help, too.

Hope on.  If  she wouldn't insist that the girl who had a prickle in her eye get it taken out, she won't even consider getting her kids any counseling.

I shudder over the prickle in the eye. I haven't read that post and am afraid to. Eyes are not something you should mess with. I would be in the ER so fast. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived