IGNORED

Camping with fundies

activespinster

ladypuglover Camping with fundies

Hits the Pearls with Plumbing Line

(06/12/11 09:40:06)

Reply Quote MoreMy Recent Posts Message Me Connection Blocking Invite Ignore User's Posts Report Post Tags : None

Hi all, we went camping this weekend with the cub scouts. Well it was to be with the cub scouts but it turns out that we were the only family that went. Anyway while checking in the first day my non-fundie watching husband and sons spotted what looked to be an amish woman walking into the main lodge. I looked up from what I was doing and saw that her husband was beardless and driving a 2011 truck with 4 carseats filled with babies, not amish I cried. ( I really cried as it turns out later I was very, very sick and would ruin the rest of the camping trip) Then we noticed that they were renting a cabin with what looked to be 3 other families of the same faith. Even the menfolk were dressed as amish men except for the missing beards, they had the homemade trousers, bowl haircuts and the works. I was stuck watching them until my dear husband helped me get unstuck by leading me back to our truck. I don't remember getting out to watch them but my husband said later that he was worried that I was going to barg right in on them to fundy watch. Later we took the dogs for walkies and my dogs even had to stop and stare at them which led me to do the same. Thankfully my husband and sons had better manners than I did and got me moving quickly back to our side of the camp grounds. The next morning I had to take the dogs for a 4 am potty run and I noticed that the amish look-a-likes were packing up. I wanted to talk to them but I felt my world tip. It turned out my husband and kids followed me as they thought I was acting totaly out of character for me and thankfully did as I passed out in front of the fundies. I missed out on the fundies helping my husband pick me up off the ground and helping my kids round up my now upset dogs. I kind of remember my husband shaking hands with one of the men and then leading me off while I was saying did you get a picture and an autograph?

So that was my weekend, even in the middle of nowhere I can find the only fundy for hundreds of miles... or they find me as the case was the next morning. I'm still mad at myself for getting so sick that I missed out on talking to these folks and asking what order they were when they were helping me remove my face from the road. At least I can remember seeing them even if I missed out on all the fun. So any clues who they were? Sorry I can provide more info as I'm still sort of sick. Oh my kids and husband said they sounded sort of German but not really, whatever that means.

new post by doggie

Hits the Pearls with Plumbing Line

Passed out? you are so addicted you sound like one of them young teens watching the latest boy band.

Shame on you getting sick.

new post by erunerune

The sheer awesomeness of this encounter has rendered me speechless.

new post by ladypuglover

doggie wrote:

Passed out? you are so addicted you sound like one of them young teens watching the latest boy band.

Shame on you getting sick.

I know and I still fell so rotton that I missed out on getting the clues on who they were. I'm not a newbie fundie watcher, I should have had my act together and asked who they were. I'm still kicking myself over that... and picking gravel out of my mouth. I even had my camera and still missed it! I do have some lovely shots of what looks to be several trees dancing but I think my youngest was the photogarpher on those pics. I blew it and deseve to be drummed out. Hangs head in shame.

new post by LadyBBR

I have never laughed harder over ANYTHING on FJ!!!!!!!!!

new post by doggie

I think we need to come up with a form of punishment. Do you have a prayer closet ladypuglover?

new post by ladypuglover

doggie, I was already there in the prayer closet this afternoon. I found 2 pairs of mismatched snowboots, 17 single gloves/mittens missing their mates, 4 filthy coats, 2 toddler coats long out grown, my good winter coat filled with dirty kleenix and candy wrappers that had been missing since Halloween and the nighmare inducing picture my husband gave me a few Christmases ago. Or was I in the coat closet? Either way, I said I lot of prayers of forgiveness for my sins against FJ.

LadyBBR, I don't think the almost amish were laughing when they saw a obese redhead come storming out of the woods an hour before dawn wearing flaming orange sweatpants, a bright red snowman sweatshirt and a wintercap that said I loved batman on it. And to top it a lab trying to kiss everyone with 2 little pugs trying to call ET back from the mothership. I think seeing me, the dogs and my prim little poopy bag while drooling right before face planting in front of their cabin might have made them overjoyed they chose to leave when they did.

I am such a loser. Back to the prayer/coat closet to atone for my sins of not getting photos of them.... or me.

Archived