IGNORED

Questions about a big (non-fundie) family

16strong

This doesn't involve fundamentalism persay, but I didn't know where else to put it. Tara Wood is a friend of several of my friends (I don't know her), and this popped up on my FB feed. She has seven kids and is everything the Duggars aren't. Thought you guys might enjoy this for a change.

http://www.scarymommy.com/big-family/

43 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

While I enjoyed this article, I despise scary mommy overall so it ruined it for me. 

What do you dislike about it? 

I've seen a bunch of friends linking to articles from it on Facebook recently. The ones I've clicked through to haven't impressed me... can't really place why though. This article was pretty funny though, esp. #5!

As the mom of six, I relate to a lot of these rude-ass questions people ask.  While the answers were a little aggressive for my tastes (except #5), the next article, with the mom answering 10 questions about her 7 kids was right up my alley.  I've actually answered a lot of these, and in much the same manner.

You'd be astounded the things strangers think they should ask about your family, I really don't know what was worse, the questions we'd get when the twins were small, or the comments/questions when I had all my kids with me.

Goodness gracious, why would you ask someone these questions that you didn't even know? Or at all? :omg:

I got asked if I knew "how that happened" when I was pregnant with my second (we stopped at 4). I have no doubt that large families cause all the rude folks to pop out of the woodwork. 

One of my friends (with 8 children - I have several with 8, none are extreme fundies) gives this answer to the "Don't you have a TV?" question:

"Of course we do! How do you think we keep the older children busy while making their siblings?"

I believe most people leave them alone after that. 

Wasn't Scary Mommy the origin of that article with the dramatic lady whose baby was THE LOVE OF HER LIFE but he BROKE HER HEART by wanting to spend time with her husband sometimes and not paying attention only to her? YES IT WAS! That's the only time I've ever heard of them.

1 hour ago, GiggleOfGirls said:

I got asked if I knew "how that happened" when I was pregnant with my second (we stopped at 4). I have no doubt that large families cause all the rude folks to pop out of the woodwork.

Yeah, that's one of the top 3 questions I got asked.  I usually leaned in a little as if to share a secret, said "Oh, you mean sex?!  Oh yeah, we love that!"  If they have the gall to try to continue I just walked away.

Archived