IGNORED

Jeb Bush runs ad featuring Terri Schiavo

47of74

That low life piece of horse dung Jeb Bush is running an ad now that includes Terri Schiavo while she was in a vegetative state;

huffingtonpost.com/entry/jeb-bush-terri-schiavo-ad-south-carolina_us_56a94592e4b0016489224843

There's one word Michael Schiavo gravitates toward in describing a new political ad set to air in South Carolina: "disgusting."

The 30-second, pro-Jeb Bush spot features a photo of Michael's late wife, Terri, who was in a persistent vegetative state for the last 15 years of her life. As the photo flashes on screen, a narrator touts Bush's credentials as a social conservative who "fought time and again for the right to life."

In 2005, Bush tried to order health care workers to replace Terri's feeding tube, despite Michael's belief his wife wouldn't want to live that way, and a court ruling in favor of removing her from life support. The tube was ultimately removed, but only after a protracted national spectacle.

"It is simply disgusting that Jeb Bush and his super Pac would exploit my wife’s tragedy for his crude political gain," Michael said in a statement published by the Tampa Bay Tribune. "Shame on Jeb Bush."

:dislike:

Fuck you Jeb.

(Having watched my grandparents and my aunt suffering towards the end as they did makes me a lot bit sensitive towards this sort of horseshit).

>>As the photo flashes on screen, a narrator touts Bush's credentials as a social conservative who "fought time and again for the right to life."<<

If being in a PVS demonstrates a "right to life", I personally will bless anyone who grabs up a thousand units of insulin and.or a .45 caliber gun (albeit noisy, and scary for other patients), and takes me out...which is why I have a fancy legally-drawn durable power of attorney for healthcare, AND a living will, to back up my wishes.

My next of kin have been told, in no uncertain terms, that if they keep my mindless unthinking body alive just 'cause breathing...well, they are going to have to spend a LOT of time and energy calming down a Totally Pissed Off and Seriously Enraged Ghost who will curse them endlessly, in every activity they have. Honestly, I can think of no more horrible thing than being locked down to a machine, kept between bare existence as a non-sentient thing, versus being freed into whatever eternity exists.

(FWIW, readers: Dearest Husband and I got separate, lawyer-drawn-up wills, PLUS durable powers of attorney for healthcare AND general financial stuff, AND "living wills" for less than $500 USD a couple of years ago. Estate packages are wayyy cheaper than you'd think---especially if you're not working against "life expectancy: 72 hours or less".. MAKE YOUR WISHES KNOWN TO A WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE, AND GET THE PAPERWORK DONE, ok?)

Just when you think politicians have reached rock bottom…they go and prove you wrong.

The Terri Schiavo case still baffles me. I've read all about it and I still don't know how millions of people could stand behind Bush in how he handled the case at all. It reminds me of the Marlise Muñoz case where this poor women was kept on ventilator after a fatal air embolism just because she was pregnant with a non viable fetus.

These cases never belong in politics. How dare they make political hay out of such a private situation. It was sickening then and it's sickening now. 

Archived