IGNORED

Planet mommyhood

medimus

the one of the left has a weird hairline and it makes it seem like she's wearing one of those hair headbands that fundies put on babies. lol

I couldn't even finish watching this trainwreck. I feel sad that they cannot see the trees from the forest. 

@HeadshipRegent you are so correct about the one with the weird hair. What's up with those creepy hair headbands. I know that fundie families are obsessed with long curly hair, but babies too? I watched somewhere (I think it was a polygamist Mormon documentary)  that the long hair is to make heaven easier, to wipe the feet of the headship in the afterlife because you cannot bring material possessions along.

Now that you've said that about the hairline, I can't unsee it. 

I can't remember how I came across them, but it took more than one video to realise they were quiverfull, because they are just so weird.

I don't think it is possible for two people to be more annoying or to be more amused at their own quirks and mannerisms than these two.  I had to quit because they were being so amused by themselves they weren't able to make sense or get to the point - whatever point they were making. 

I only made it about a minute in. The way they were being sarcastic about abuse and how an abused woman would apparently look. Ugh. I cannot handle that.

I made it to 7 minutes on my second attempt. These two are the most arrogant, clueless and dishonest Quiverful Observants I have seen in a long time.

Centrally they seem to be pissed off at Vickie Garrison for challenging their perfect presentation of their lives and pulling all the smoke screens that are classic when these people want to swear critical thinking is wrong and those who deconstruct their life philosophies weren't really living under the same paradigm but we're only claiming to.

and I'm done after 5 minutes, never thought I would think quiverfull and valley girl in the same head sentence.

Since we are watching a recording of SNL, I can so imagine those two as an SNL skit with Aidy Bryant as Annoying Woman #1 on the left (with the fingernails), and Vanessa Bayer as Annoying Woman #2 on the right.  The dialog would be exactly the same. 

I only made it about a minute in. The way they were being sarcastic about abuse and how an abused woman would apparently look. Ugh. I cannot handle that.

I screwed up my face when the one said "Look at us, we look so abused."  As if a woman who is being abused has a certain 'look.'  This sort of thing perpetuates stereotypes and leads to abuse going unnoticed.  Stereotyping in a vlog ABOUT how THEY don't want to be stereotyped...uh-huh.

Since we are watching a recording of SNL, I can so imagine those two as an SNL skit with Aidy Bryant as Annoying Woman #1 on the left (with the fingernails), and Vanessa Bayer as Annoying Woman #2 on the right.  The dialog would be exactly the same. 

OmG the fingernails!

I don't think it is possible for two people to be more annoying or to be more amused at their own quirks and mannerisms than these two.  I had to quit because they were being so amused by themselves they weren't able to make sense or get to the point - whatever point they were making. 

Same here. I stopped after two minutes.

Are we sure this isn't satire?

Well, inadvertently.  These women are caricatures of themselves. 

But worth considering as intentional satire as well. 

• 2 years later...

Okay so long time reader, first time poster. IM not sure if anyone will read this since the last post was in 2015. But anyway, I started watching the planet mommyhood videos a while ago and for some reason I went to the channel to see if anything had been updated. Well what I found was that the videos are now private, so I decided to look at Facebook. Okay so my question is, is Kristen married/with a different guy than she was married to? To me it looks like she is with another guy and if she is I also think she had a kid With him prior to marrying him. The reason why I’m bringing this up is that it seems like she has gone away from the Quiverfull life hat she highly praised on YouTube. And I always love a Quiverfull person/family that no longer identifies with that lifestyle. Just curios if anyone else had noticed that the YouTube channel had been made private and wondered what had happened.

https://m.facebook.com/kristen.damico?fref=nf&rc=p

Archived