IGNORED

Dougie Is Accessorizing

twin2

Cpt. Dougie has a new photo up on his VF blog of him with that Dr. guy traveling with them telling the Vatican to study Rushdoony. Now all I know about this Rushdoony guy is that fundies like him so I'm guessing this is an insult. However, that is beside the point. On to more important matters, I do believe that Dougie is rocking a man purse in that pic!!

Riiiiiiight because the Pope has NEVER been told about Rushdoony.

That's not clever--it's not like your average tourist even knew who that was.

Rushdoony believes some pretty horrible thing, as I remember. He is/was a big fan of the death penalty.

After reading his Wiki page, I'm even more horrified. (And yes, I sat under semons on his "Institutes")

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rousas_John_Rushdoony

Rushdoony? Yuck. Not only did he start the whole religious homeschooling trend*, he also wanted to bring back biblical law i.e. stoning for adultery, etc.

Is it wrong for me to want an official Vatican response to Rushdoony? I would imagine it would be a smackdown of biblical proportions.

*I have nothing against homeschooling for reasons other than assuming your children are ignorant lemmings whose faith will crumble at the slightest contradiction to your brainwashing to the foundation you've set at home.

Riiiiiiight because the Pope has NEVER been told about Rushdoony.

That's not clever--it's not like your average tourist even knew who that was.

Rushdoony believes some pretty horrible thing, as I remember. He is/was a big fan of the death penalty.

After reading his Wiki page, I'm even more horrified. (And yes, I sat under semons on his "Institutes")

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rousas_John_Rushdoony

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Pope never heard of him. Rushdoony appears to be more of legend amongst Calvinists than any other Christian sect. I doubt that most Christians who are not Calvinists (or fundie-watchers) would know who in the hell the creepy looking guy was.

The joke's on Vision Forum. I'm sure that most of the people in the Vactican that day didn't give a damn about ole Dr. Joe or the European carry-all he was toting around with his boyfriend's face plastered on the front.

Carrying that bag, sincerely thinking this would drive a Jesuit - who has more brains in his little finger than Dr.Joe has in his whole body- to read some random dominionist, American Providential racist misogynist 'theologian' is so pathetic as to make one cry or laugh at the hubris of it all. Yes, Dr. Joe. You are going to convert Pope Benedict with your little bag and smug countenance.

Guest Anonymous
Carrying that bag, sincerely thinking this would drive a Jesuit - who has more brains in his little finger than Dr.Joe has in his whole body- to read some random dominionist, American Providential racist misogynist 'theologian' is so pathetic as to make one cry or laugh at the hubris of it all. Yes, Dr. Joe. You are going to convert Pope Benedict with your little bag and smug countenance.

I went to a Jesuit-run school, Fordham University in New York. You're right, the ones I met have FORGOTTEN more than Dougie and "Dr." Joe will ever learn. Of course, Dougie will never see what he does as spiritual and cultural imperialism.

That picture is one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile. Now I have to think of the right caption for a LOLDoug :lol:

Why yes, putting Rushdoony's picture on your tote bag will indeed convert the ebil Papists to the Truuuuth. And if the Pope joins the VF crowd then Benedict could dress up in a wider range of Outfits!

And while I'm snarking: why is a Shirley Temple-ish kid singing at a WWII themed party? She was a teen during the war (and her last few movies had been flops).

I bet Dougie wouldn't mind an excuse to dress up in some papal frockery either. (Although, he'd probably say otherwise).

Even among Calvinists, Rushdoony is a bit of an acquired taste and is only really accepted by right-wing, American groups (I think the political culture in most other countries just doesn't leave room for his particular flavour of crazy).

Rushdoony? Yuck. Not only did he start the whole religious homeschooling trend*, he also wanted to bring back biblical law i.e. stoning for adultery, etc.

Um, I think I heard of someone opposing that... oh wait! It was Jesus!

I knew Joe Morecraft looked familiar, what with his moles and his girth and his wheelchair on occasion. He was an officiant at the Serven-Loomis wedding.

However bright and guilelessly ginger these folks' smiles might appear, we have to remember: They follow ideas that would put the women into denim burqas from the neck down, and the men into rigid roles without so much as a copy of "Playboy" for relaxation.

This caution offered as much for myself as for my brethren FJians out there.

I bet Dougie wouldn't mind an excuse to dress up in some papal frockery either. (Although, he'd probably say otherwise).

Even among Calvinists, Rushdoony is a bit of an acquired taste and is only really accepted by right-wing, American groups (I think the political culture in most other countries just doesn't leave room for his particular flavour of crazy).

Very true. And even among right-wingers, Rushdoony doesn't find that much acceptance. I didn't know that much about him, so I asked some of my fundie relatives and was told that he's trendy in some circles, but a lot of PCA and other Calvinist fundies are wary of endorsing his works because apparently he says some racist things they find unbiblical. Haven't read the books, so I don't know specifics, though.

Archived