IGNORED

Thank you for that riveting update on Elissa and Joe's baby

SPHASH

New Maxwell post up. Baby is 30 weeks along and doing well. Thankful for prayers. The end. Two pics. One of them Joe has Elissa by the wrists and not the hand.

The blog reflects what is going on in their lives, which amounts to "not much". No vacation this year, so far, so recap of last year's hike. No big road trip, so fewer packing and unpacking blogs. No new books out, so we get revisits of the old books. No kids in homeschool, so we get a year about "30 Years of Homeschooling" and the more details we get, the more horrible that sounds. So, we have family birthdays, game nights at the nursing home and the occasional holiday brunch. Oh, and variations and repeats of "the aunts/grandparents spend time with the nieces/nephews/grandkids" or cooking more or less the same old thing.

I don't know what their meals are like (except for the infamous burritos) but the post showing Nathan and Mel's girls helping to make tortillas was cute and actually enjoyable. Maybe they should switch their blog emphasis to cooking with the kids, even if only a couple times a week. They might get more hits that way.

Since Abby and Bethany are being homeschooled now, why not a post of them doing their lessons?

Since Abby and Bethany are being homeschooled now, why not a post of them doing their lessons?

I think you're on to something. They could do some posts comparing what it was like homeschooling 30 years ago to homeschooling now. There's a greater selection of materials now since it has risen in popularity, but maybe some things are the same, like how they study the bible? This is just off the top of my head, but I would find it kind of interesting. They could also use this angle as a way to seem superior, which I know would appeal to them. "This super popular thing that everyone's doing now? We've been doing that for decades." They could be Homeschool Hipsters. :geek:

Just wanted to give you a few photos I took last week of Joseph and Elissa and Baby

*sigh*

You didn't "give" us a few, you showed us a couple.

*sigh*

You didn't "give" us a few, you showed us a couple.

Here, we two pics of them on this blog entry, but we got seventeen photos of the family working on Joseph's back porch. Okay. :shrug:

But, please, for the love of :fsm:, do NOT show us a picture of Elissa doing the *heart* thing over her baby bump!

But, please, for the love of :fsm:, do NOT show us a picture of Elissa doing the *heart* thing over her baby bump!

No fucking kidding! And please don't show us a pic of Elissa holding letter blocks that spell out BABY. We know what a baby bump is Sarah.

I think you're on to something. They could do some posts comparing what it was like homeschooling 30 years ago to homeschooling now. There's a greater selection of materials now since it has risen in popularity, but maybe some things are the same, like how they study the bible? This is just off the top of my head, but I would find it kind of interesting. They could also use this angle as a way to seem superior, which I know would appeal to them. "This super popular thing that everyone's doing now? We've been doing that for decades." They could be Homeschool Hipsters. :geek:

Yes, but it's not Teri homeschooling. Melanie is the one homeschooling, and probably doing an "inferior" job with it. If it's not about the immediate family, it's not of as much interest to Stevehovah.

You know, I think this is the first year I can remember that the Maxwells didn't take What Some Might Call a Vacation. (it was usually in late July, right?) Further proof that the family coffers continue to empty at a rate unanticipated by Stevehovah?

You know, I think this is the first year I can remember that the Maxwells didn't take What Some Might Call a Vacation. (it was usually in late July, right?) Further proof that the family coffers continue to empty at a rate unanticipated by Stevehovah?

Where did Steve/Sarah say they were not going on what some might call a vacation?

Where did Steve/Sarah say they were not going on what some might call a vacation?

They didn't say that explicitly on the blog. But I think by this time in the year, they'd usually already been out to Colorado. Although for all I know, they've a) traveled there and back and we'll get an after-the-fact update or b) I'm completely wrong about the usual time they went in the summer.

:popcorn2:

They didn't say that explicitly on the blog. But I think by this time in the year, they'd usually already been out to Colorado. Although for all I know, they've a) traveled there and back and we'll get an after-the-fact update or b) I'm completely wrong about the usual time they went in the summer.

:popcorn2:

I think they usually go in August cuz that's when Mary and Teri's birthdays are.

In the comments about their climb last year we saw this:

July 20, 2015 at 2:23 pm

Great post Sarah!! Are ya’ll getting ready for the next trip?

I have the pink charger. Really comes in handy.

I love rain and don’t mind walking and playing in it. Love to go to the zoo in a mild rain.

Beautiful pics.

Blessings!!

—

No plans right now for Colorado. Yes, that charger is such a blessing. Sometimes when you know you’ll have heavy usage, it’s easy to stick in your purse and charge your phone up

So, maybe they are going somewhere else, or will tack a day or so on their fall tour.

They also may not be traveling because of all the baby stuff- Lydia and Drew are pretty brand new and Elissa is pregnant??

The idea of promoting a second-generation homeschooling life and materials on their blog, in conferences and through new material is brilliant. No wonder they have not thought of it

They also may not be traveling because of all the baby stuff- Lydia and Drew are pretty brand new and Elissa is pregnant??

The idea of promoting a second-generation homeschooling life and materials on their blog, in conferences and through new material is brilliant. No wonder they have not thought of it

They have gone with babies and pregnant women before - usually Melanie and NR Anna stay behind with the little kids. It's never been an issue in the past, I doubt it would be an issue now.

I think money might be the most likely issue. The guys probably can't take time off of work right now.

I agree, promoting second-generation homeschooling would be a great way for them to make money. It would be "proof" of how awesome their methods are. But they won't do that, because it isn't about Steve and Teri.

In the comments about their climb last year we saw this:

So, maybe they are going somewhere else, or will tack a day or so on their fall tour.

Off topic but interesting...where the hell would Sarah go, or what in the hell would Sarah do (aside from the yearly Colorado migration), to require her to have "heavy usage" on her phone, so much so she needs a portable charger? All the people she knows and associates with are with her pretty much all the time, or she sees them all the time in the Maxwell compound.

Off topic but interesting...where the hell would Sarah go, or what in the hell would Sarah do (aside from the yearly Colorado migration), to require her to have "heavy usage" on her phone, so much so she needs a portable charger? All the people she knows and associates with are with her pretty much all the time, or she sees them all the time in the Maxwell compound.

And she's most definitely NOT allowed to browse the evil Internet on her phone (that's why I have the portable charger but I don't consider it a godly blessing but a useful worldly device).

They have gone with babies and pregnant women before - usually Melanie and NR Anna stay behind with the little kids. It's never been an issue in the past, I doubt it would be an issue now.

I think money might be the most likely issue. The guys probably can't take time off of work right now.

I agree, promoting second-generation homeschooling would be a great way for them to make money. It would be "proof" of how awesome their methods are. But they won't do that, because it isn't about Steve and Teri.

I think the "not all about Steve and Teri" might be the issue. After all, the oldest sons are old enough for their own dog and pony show, and we've been hearing how well the oldest grandkids read. But the market to second generation homeschoolers is tougher, since they often already have a network of friends who homeschool, have lived it themselves and see what worked for them. LIstening to Steve would be like listening to some uncle, and who'd pay for that.

And she's most definitely NOT allowed to browse the evil Internet on her phone (that's why I have the portable charger but I don't consider it a godly blessing but a useful worldly device).

I wonder if they use the phone's GPS/Mapping while hiking, and thus have heavy usage.

I wonder if they use the phone's GPS/Mapping while hiking, and thus have heavy usage.

Maybe she gets to go to the grocery store, but has to check in every aisle?

Archived