IGNORED

Thank you for that riveting update on Elissa and Joe's baby

SPHASH

They "vacation " the end of August. I'm not surprised there are no plans now. They probably wait till the last minute to book to get the cabin at a discounted price.

Wow, if Steve reads here, maybe he'll run with the idea of having a conference about his grand kids being home schooled, it's brilliant. I think I'd hate to be Melanie or Anna Marie. What if you wanted to spend your husband's vacation from work going on a real vacation, just your family. Instead, every year you go to a cabin and cook while your husband and his parents and siblings hike together. :roll: Boring.

Maybe she gets to go to the grocery store, but has to check in every aisle?

The battery is probably knackered from popping up a reminder every fifteen minutes on what she should be doing for that slot

Her skirt looks really uncomfortable. I wore more dresses when pregnant than at any other time in my life because they were more comfy, some very frumper like. But a waist band with that bulky denim looks miserable. If a maternity skirt with panel maybe it's not so bad - but I'm saying she'd be more comfy in a frumper.

Elissa probably has a tank top on underneath that flowy blouse. What if the wind were to come up and blow the blouse up? Gotta always think about modesty. Always!

Elissa probably has a tank top on underneath that flowy blouse. What if the wind were to come up and blow the blouse up? Gotta always think about modesty. Always!

In all situations! Drowning? Modesty first. Choking? Modesty. House on fire? You guessed it. And save the schedule.

Wow, if Steve reads here, maybe he'll run with the idea of having a conference about his grand kids being home schooled, it's brilliant. I think I'd hate to be Melanie or Anna Marie. What if you wanted to spend your husband's vacation from work going on a real vacation, just your family. Instead, every year you go to a cabin and cook while your husband and his parents and siblings hike together. :roll: Boring.

Oh gosh, no kidding! Especially if Stevehovah gets on your tits. Can you imagine having to spend all that time in close quarters with him? The "vacation" probably features a lot of Bible Study time with the whole extended family and Steve sucking up all the air in the room and playing at God. It's bad enough they have to interact with him on a weekly basis, but then "vacation" rolls around and it is full on Stevehovah 'round the clock. I hope that for their own mental health that the daughters-in-law all like Steve.

Sarah might be forgetful about plugging her phone in every night. She might also be taking lots of pictures as well as texting other family members about every tiny detail in her daily life. "Mom. I finished cleaning the ceiling fan in the kitchen and I have 5 minutes left before I start on laundry. Would you rather I clean the inside of the refrigerator salad compartment or wipe off all the spice jars?"

I'm really offended, I replied to the baby post wishing them well on the pregnancy and labor. I signed it "Franklin and Ethel" and Steve shortened it to Ethel! What, men can't comment on the blog?

I'm really offended, I replied to the baby post wishing them well on the pregnancy and labor. I signed it "Franklin and Ethel" and Steve shortened it to Ethel! What, men can't comment on the blog?

Of course only Ethel would be interested - pregnancy and labor is wimmins work! :lol:

The various tracking devices Steve has added to Sarah's phone are probably pretty hard on the battery. Not to mention the app that gives her an electric shock every time she has an unapproved thought.

In one of the comments from the blog post (I copied it below), Steve is comically unenthusiastic in his response!

Elyse says:

August 10, 2015 at 11:39 am

Both Joseph and Elissa are absolutely glowing! This makes my heart happy to see as I wait for my first babies arrival(less than 2 weeks now!)

>>>

Yeah. Congrats. Let us know.

In one of the comments from the blog post (I copied it below), Steve is comically unenthusiastic in his response!

Elyse says:

Both Joseph and Elissa are absolutely glowing! This makes my heart happy to see as I wait for my first babies arrival(less than 2 weeks now!)

>>>

Good God, you can feel Steve's eyes rolling as he typed that answer. Could he be any less interested?

Do you think Steve would ever cancel the 'vacation' if everyone could not go. Say Elissa's doctor didn't think it was a good idea to go, or Nathan's job (not involving daddy) was keeping him from being free that week etc. I think Steve couldn't stand his grown sons being 'on their own' for more than a couple of days, afraid they might 'try something' when he wasn't in the neighborhood and therefore no one gets to go.

Good God, you can feel Steve's eyes rolling as he typed that answer. Could he be any less interested?

Wow, that's a downer! Classic example of when punctuation could make all the difference. How about a couple of exclamation points, Stevie? Maybe he thinks Elyse is a FJer but he's not sure so he allowed her post to go through, then replied in his cold controlling fashion? Either way, it's really rude. He should have just said nothing.

So we have Stevie who is too uptight to use any exclamation points but Jill R. who seasons her post so liberally with them that it seems like there's more exclamation points than words. If only we could get Jill to share some of her exclamation points with Stevie. It might start to look like normal people are writing their posts.

Do you think Steve would ever cancel the 'vacation' if everyone could not go. Say Elissa's doctor didn't think it was a good idea to go, or Nathan's job (not involving daddy) was keeping him from being free that week etc. I think Steve couldn't stand his grown sons being 'on their own' for more than a couple of days, afraid they might 'try something' when he wasn't in the neighborhood and therefore no one gets to go.

Agree!!

Wow, that's a downer! Classic example of when punctuation could make all the difference. How about a couple of exclamation points, Stevie? Maybe he thinks Elyse is a FJer but he's not sure so he allowed her post to go through, then replied in his cold controlling fashion? Either way, it's really rude. He should have just said nothing.

Poor choice of punctuation aside, I'm impressed that he used FIVE.WHOLE.WORDS. to respond to one of the blog comments! :o

So we have Stevie who is too uptight to use any exclamation points but Jill R. who seasons her post so liberally with them that it seems like there's more exclamation points than words. If only we could get Jill to share some of her exclamation points with Stevie. It might start to look like normal people are writing their posts.

For some demented reason, I am now picturing Steve Maxwell wearing glitter eye shadow and nail polish with his hair done in an '80s style.

Elyse says:

>>>

Wow, if it wasn't Steve making that comment, I would assume it was sarcasm, but Steve's social interactions resemble an alien or some kind of parasite that has taken over a human body despite knowing nothing of human life.

Archived