IGNORED

First Grader vs Homophobic preacher

karen77

Don't know who the asshole is but that little girl is Awesome with eleventy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I have no idea who that asshole is, but I admire that girl. :gay-rainbow: :gay-rainbowflag::gay-umbrella: :gay-color: :banana-rainbow:

The girl is definitely more composed than I would be. And I don't care what the cause was- if someone got in my nephew's face, screaming like that, it would take everything in me to not whoop some serious ass.

What a jerk! My grandmother was a woman who showed her Christian faith in deed and thought and used to say that the quiet person who listens and helps others will change more hearts and minds than the lunatic screaming on the corner. I think this situation definitely shows that.

You know that parable about the man stranded on the roof in the flood? And several people offer him help in their boats, helicopters, etc., and he stands there stubbornly pronouncing that God will save him. Finally he drowns and when he sees God in heaven he asks why he wasn't saved, to which God responds, "I sent two boats and a helicopter, what more did you want!"

That's what this reminds me of somehow. That man yelling about how only love of Jesus can save her, when that little girl is standing there embodying nothing but love.

Do any of you who know more about the bible than I do know of a passage that talks about false prophets on street corners? I remember a quote like this so distinctly but have not been able to find it. I think about it every time I see one of these jackals.

Matthew 22:36-40 - "“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?â€

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.â€

Matthew 6:1-34

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. ...

Thank you! This may well be one of the first bible verses I ever heard, being raised by agnostics. It really stuck with me. It always made me wonder about those megaphone preachers and any missionary work that involves a lot of soul winning. Every time we see one while out in the world I explain to my kids about the bible being against it. Now I can point to the verse. Finally! :D

Don't know who the asshole is but that little girl is Awesome with eleventy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Agree!!

It's ashame kids have to grow up so fast and they shouldn't be political fodder. I had no concern about sexuality at 7.

Archived