IGNORED

"Relentlessly Gay" Rainbow Yard Lamps

Phoenix

Christian Homeowner Threatens Neighbor Over 'Relentlessly Gay' Rainbow Yard Lamps, Because Children

A widow received a note from her "Christian" neighbor who objects to her simple rainbow-themed garden lamps, because there are children in the area.

2nqupg8.jpg

A woman came home to find this note taped to her door:

"Your yard is becoming Relentlessly Gay! Myself and others in the neighborhood ask that you Tone It Down. This is a Christian area and there are Children. Keep it up and I will be Forced to call the Police on you! Your kind need to have Respect for GOD."

It was signed, "A Concerned Home Owner."

Aside from coining the fabulous phrase, "relentlessly gay," clearly someone has no clue that a string of rainbow-themed solar yard lamps are not illegal – and not even especially gay.

What, exactly, are children in this fine Christian neighborhood being exposed to when they see them? Pretty colors?

Does this "Concerned Home Owner" think "the gays" indoctrinate children this way?

And exactly what do they think will happen if they indeed carry out their threat by calling the cops?

A GoFundMe page has been set up to fight back.

"Needless to say... I need more rainbows... Many, many more rainbows….," the page reads. "So, I am starting this fundraiser so I can work to make my Home even More 'relentlessly gay' If we go high enough, I will see if I can get a Rainbow Roof!"

Because my invisible relentlessly gay rainbow dragon should live up there in style!

Put simply, I am a widow and the mother of four children, my youngest in high school and I WILL NOT Relent to Hatred. Instead, I will battle it with whimsy and beauty and laughter and love, wrapped around my home, yard and family!!!

Well done!

Broken link to original blog post:

thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/_concerned_home_owner_warns_woman_relentlessly_gay_rainbow_lamps_don_t_belong_in_christian_neighborhood

How nice that the"concerned homeowner" doesn't even have the balls to identify him/herself.

I guess the rainbow-colored umbrella over my patio table has made my yard "relentlessly gay," too. Cheers to this woman and her very pretty lanterns.

Love, love, love this. I hope she does call the cops, just to see the reaction. The homeowner should serve them donuts with rainbow sprinkles!

First off "Relentlessly Gay" is fucking hilarious. I will quote this at some point soon. Or crossstitch it in rainbow colors.

Second, the note says that her YARD is becoming gay. So her YARD is hot for other front yards of the same gender?

Third, what the hell are the cops supposed to do if they were called? I can't get cops to chase off peeping toms, or stop my neighbor kids from doing god-know-what in my side yard, but oh yeah, they'll totally arrest you on violation of rainbow-themed yard décor. WTF?

Fourth, if this neighbor is so frickin' worried, how about she figures out What to Capitalize instead of Randomly capitalizing Everything? (And it's not "myself" BTW.)

Lanterns are ADORABLE! Rock on girlfriend!:)

So, what are Christian parents going to stop telling the story of Noah and the flood to their kids? I mean it's the whole reason there are gay rainbows in the first place, right? Or I guess the story will just cut off even earlier at Genesis 5:12 so as to exclude the introduction of rainbows along with the already not-safe-for-kids Noah's a drunkard part.

I can't.

The "concerned homeowner" is probably just jealous they don't have the balls or imagination to pull off anything remotely that awesome.

Gardens with all them colored flowers are pretty gay, too. Will they have to throw the Garden of Eden out, then? But then they don't like Fifty Shades of Gray, either. . . .

Can "Relentlessly Gay" be worked into a post count title?

Those lanterns are darling.

The attosecond I get paid, I'm going to that GoFundMe page. (My husband suggested we make our gift out for the purchase of pink flamingoes, but I'd just as soon leave that matter to the lady's taste.) I can't give her enough for the rainbow roof, bot I would love to do so. If I had a million dollars, I would turn that house so gay astronauts could see the pure, shining homosexuality of it from space.

I'm sure there was a time I could have figured these anti-gay dipshits out, but now...no...not really...at all. Two consenting adults having sex and living together and getting married? I'm honestly not sure why anyone, anywhere gives even the most minimal shit about this topic. Oh I understand flaming, irrational hatred well enough, but I've definitely lost my taste for that.

I honestly think if this homosekshul cat-lady plays her cards right, she could make a cottage industry of selling rainbow-coloured jars. And yes, I would buy them - because fuck that anonymous bigot too afraid to sign her own damned name to her letter. If you're going to be a hateful bastard, at least do it in front of everyone; show some fucking spine!

Can "Relentlessly Gay" be worked into a post count title?

Those lanterns are darling.

I'm not gay, but I would love that as my permanent post title. (I didn't even chose the grammatically incorrect Latin one I have now.)

I generally lurk but this is too much. Ugh. Relentlessly gay? Best. Phrase. Ever. I wonder if the cowardly person who left the letter knew the magnitude to which this would explode.

so she can decoate her house in rainbows

WOW. She asked for $5,000 to "rainbow-fy" her home?

And she has over $30,000? I've got zero respect for this person if most of that money doesn't go to a legitimate charity organization.

1. No one can even verify this event actually happened

2. She's not asking for money to do anything useful

3. There is no built-in accountability with GoFundMe

4. She now has as much as I make in a year to "add rainbows to her house."

5. Both the hateful note and her GoFundMe page have similarly random and incorrect capitalization

Call me horrible, but this pings my scam radar.

EDIT: I'm doing more research on her now-- so maybe I'll change my mind.

And she has over $30,000? I've got zero respect for this person if most of that money doesn't go to a legitimate charity organization.

5. Both the hateful note and her GoFundMe page have similarly random and incorrect capitalization

Me too, "Relentlessly Gay" sounds/feels too good to be true/not right. We had a neighbourhood case of a house being vandalized for flying a rainbow flag; instead of a crowdsource, they threw a bbq at the local highschool and donated the money to a LGBT charity.

I'm straight and I love rainbows! Can't straight people love rainbows too? What is wrong with fundies? They are colors. Do they shield their precious christian children's eyes from a fresh pack of crayolas too? :shrug:

When I heard how much has been given, my first thought is how easy it would be to fake that note.

that note has similar errors to the "Christian" note. If she'd posted it w/out the "give me money", might've believed her. If I'm wrong I'll eat my words.

You know, now I'm just pissed that a lazy-ass scammer has made my yearly salary in four days.

I understand your concern but after seeing this hateful pizza makers rebuild their business on GoFundMe because...persecution...fuck that. I am willing to pay to take this ride. I hope she makes ten times as much and pays for her kids' educations and turns that place into the gayest thing imaginable.

I understand your concern but after seeing this hateful pizza makers rebuild their business on GoFundMe because...persecution...fuck that. I am willing to pay to take this ride. I hope she makes ten times as much and pays for her kids' educations and turns that place into the gayest thing imaginable.

Yeah, it just pisses me off that there are so many underfunded GoFundMe accounts for things that will really affect a family-- medical bills, needed home repairs, lawyer bills to pay for vindictive legal action from narcissistic ex-husbands-- and people will donate now almost $40,000 to rainbow-fy a yard based on a stupid, non-threatening note whose legitimacy is doubtful at best. Why are they donating to this cause? Because it makes themselves feel warm and fuzzy inside for "standing up to hatred" without leaving their living room or confronting the painful side of hatred (kids who are beat up, kicked out of their homes, etc.). It's essentially the same problem I have with the guy who raised who-knows-how-much to make a PB&J sandwich, only at least he was honest and wasn't cheapening real experiences of real prejudice that happen every day by doing so.

But I'm a curmudgeonly, bitter cynic, and that's definitely guiding my thoughts here...

I'm straight and I love rainbows! Can't straight people love rainbows too? What is wrong with fundies? They are colors. Do they shield their precious christian children's eyes from a fresh pack of crayolas too? :shrug:

Same here. I just hope that neighbor doesn't go on vacation to California, especially to West Hollywood where there are rainbow crosswalks as that person would just freak out. Better yet, that person should avoid any area with a LGBT community, especially if they're known for having a gay pride weekend.

Yeah, it just pisses me off that there are so many underfunded GoFundMe accounts for things that will really affect a family-- medical bills, needed home repairs, lawyer bills to pay for vindictive legal action from narcissistic ex-husbands-- and people will donate now almost $40,000 to rainbow-fy a yard based on a stupid, non-threatening note whose legitimacy is doubtful at best. Why are they donating to this cause? Because it makes themselves feel warm and fuzzy inside for "standing up to hatred" without leaving their living room or confronting the painful side of hatred (kids who are beat up, kicked out of their homes, etc.). It's essentially the same problem I have with the guy who raised who-knows-how-much to make a PB&J sandwich, only at least he was honest and wasn't cheapening real experiences of real prejudice that happen every day by doing so.

But I'm a curmudgeonly, bitter cynic, and that's definitely guiding my thoughts here...

I understand, but (a) pizza bigots and (b) If you see a GoFundMe account that needs attention, give it some. I'm not sure posting it here is allowed or not, but that seems to be a read gray area so - hey - if you see what should be funded, fund it if you can and...tell others.

I seriously doubt the whole 30k is going to gayify her place, She's a widow with four kids; I expect the high amount she receives has more to do with the belief she can take care of what may be serious expenses - and of course to make her house relentlessly gay, which...you know what...I'm for pissing off bigots. It makes me all warm and happy and not much does.

I'm not gay, but I would love that as my permanent post title. (I didn't even chose the grammatically incorrect Latin one I have now.)

Done!

If it turns out you weren't serious, let me know.

Archived