IGNORED

"Relentlessly Gay" Rainbow Yard Lamps

Phoenix

The minute I saw the "There is now a GoFundMe account set up", I knew this was sketchy. I have a old friend from years ago on Facebook that recently posted a GoFundMe link so he could get $500 for his birthday to go to Disneyland in CA. He's an average 40 year old single gay man that also happens to work at Disney World in Florida. His post claimed that he "hasn't had the best birthdays in the last few years". He's not chronically ill or had any other tragedy in his life. I just left it alone, I almost feel sad for him just because it's so pitiful. I mean go get another part time job and earn the $500 for your trip if you want it that bad!

That GoFundMe site should have better restrictions.

Done!

If it turns out you weren't serious, let me know.

Quite serious. When I left moderating here back in the dark ages, the site owner at the time left me with the tagline I had before. Never liked it, especially for the errors in it...but I didn't really care much, so I said nothing.

But "relentlessly gay"? Oh Hells Yes! That amuses me on multiple levels.

And yes, I still am giving to that page.

I understand, but (a) pizza bigots and (b) If you see a GoFundMe account that needs attention, give it some. I'm not sure posting it here is allowed or not, but that seems to be a read gray area so - hey - if you see what should be funded, fund it if you can and...tell others.

I seriously doubt the whole 30k is going to gayify her place, She's a widow with four kids; I expect the high amount she receives has more to do with the belief she can take care of what may be serious expenses - and of course to make her house relentlessly gay, which...you know what...I'm for pissing off bigots. It makes me all warm and happy and not much does.

But... the bigots don't exist (IMO). She wrote the note herself (again, IMO).

Coming out of lurker status. My friend lives right down the street from this lady. She was really surprised about the note. I tend to think she wrote it herself too.

But... the bigots don't exist (IMO). She wrote the note herself (again, IMO).

You have a right to your opinion, obviously, but I'll tell you one thing that is the God's honest truth: Bigots that stupid do exist, and they - generally being spineless little cowards - tend to target the weak.

A widow with four kids and rainbow jars in her house: People with rainbows on their backpacks have probably been called worse.

Review Time: Memories Pizza, which was going under anyway, and which did not cater anything even before HomoGate, raised over 800k on GoFundMe - money donated to them by a large number of people who do not really know what the word "PERSECUTION" means.

They thinks it means, "People won't buy from us because we're bigots, and some of them call us mean names."

Every time shit such as this happens, I edge ever closer to giving - without aim - every person anywhere that reads my posts an eyeful of persecution.

Back to rainbow lady: I am donating.

Sad that she felt the need to run to GoFundMe when a local news story would have raised global awareness quickly enough. The letter was tacky and ignorant enough to bring attention to itself virally.

That $41k worth of altruistic donations that could have gone to more productive causes . . . my heart almost aches.

Rainbow lady, despite her note and the verbiage of her Go Fraud Me being remarkably similar in their errors, now has over 40k. Rainbow flag persecutors/assholes do exist, spiteful Christian rainbow-jar haters, probably not.

I think she did it herself, which makes me so angry. Not just for the amount of money she's now received in donations, but because she is faking a "hate" incident (changed from "hate crime as the incident isn't a crime). There is enough of that happening already, without scammers pretending that it happened to them as well.

I agree that people are free to donate or not donate to whomever they choose, but these people are supporting her because she is (allegedly) a victim.

This woman is crossing a very thin moral and legal line. I am pretty sure that she'll be found out to be a fraud.

Rainbow lady, despite her note and the verbiage of her Go Fraud Me being remarkably similar in their errors, now has over 40k. Rainbow flag persecutors/assholes do exist, spiteful Christian rainbow-jar haters, probably not.

Maybe - but I'm "doubling-down" on this.

There are at least two possibilities here: She's telling the truth - and basically after years of the fuckery we see on this board I'm all for benefit of the doubt.

The second possibility is she lied: A widow with four kids lied for 5k and made six times as much. I don't support the lying, but...fuck it. Obviously someone desperate enough for money to pull something like this probably needs it.

It's the risk one takes when sending money on the internet.

Frankly, I'll only be disappointed if she doesn't take a portion of that money and gayify the place.

(PS> I don't think a rude letter on someone's door constitutes a hate crime - unless the letter actually threatens a crime.)

Whether true or not, the reason she hit the jackpot was because George Takei ran the story on Facebook. If she was lying she will likely be crapping herself at the potential backlash to come. If not, she got a windfall by being funny and interesting.

Since when has gofundme been "fair"? Noone is owed donations from anyone else. It is what it is.

The first thing I thought reading this was that if she's such a Christian, her children should be identifying the rainbow as God's promise to the world to never flood it again. By that logic, she should be thrilled to see so many rainbows in her neighbor's yard! Her innocent kids wouldn't know the difference, unless she's foregone teaching them that story and has moved straight into lambasting LGBT.

ETA: If the note is even real, that is. And I suppose it is reflective of all those other fundie parents who do the same, anyway.

People can spend their money as they choose to amuse themselves.

If the goal is to improve the world, however, there are legitimate charities that have actual auditing and oversight, and do real work that can be verified. This includes organizations that fight for human rights.

relentlesslygay.com/2015/06/21/heres-to-a-relentlessly-joyful-future/

Plans and designs for the relentlessly gay rainbowification of the Baker abode are underway, as well as projects that the family has wanted to do for ages but didn’t have the resources, including:

a Relentlessly Gay backyard bee sanctuary (not to harvest honey, but to support endangered pollinators)

Relentlessly Gay bat houses,

a Relentlessly Gay little free library,

and more!

A few people have asked if Nixy is planning to donate the contributions to her GoFundMe campaign to charity.

Nixy’s friends have stepped in and put their collective feet down about doing that too quickly because here’s the thing: she would. She’d totally give it all away.

And that would be, pardon my french, an epic fucking waste, regardless of the charity, because Nixy is more generous than twenty average people put together.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Giving money to a legitimate charity organization would be a "fucking waste" because Julie can do more with the money by creating a little free library.

:cray-cray:

What in the Sam Hill Hell is a relentlessly gay little free library?

I have too much of a headache right now to try to figure out the mental gymnastics behind that.

People can spend their money as they choose to amuse themselves.

If the goal is to improve the world, however, there are legitimate charities that have actual auditing and oversight, and do real work that can be verified. This includes organizations that fight for human rights.

Fair enough - but they get our money too, some of them.

What in the Sam Hill Hell is a relentlessly gay little free library?

I have too much of a headache right now to try to figure out the mental gymnastics behind that.

20130430__cdxxLITTLELIBRARY_HHR_6118~p1.jpg

$40,000 at work, folks!

I can't imagine that her (possibly fake) uptight neighbors would love that in their neighborhood either.

relentlesslygay.com/2015/06/21/heres-to-a-relentlessly-joyful-future/

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Giving money to a legitimate charity organization would be a "fucking waste" because Julie can do more with the money by creating a little free library.

:cray-cray:

Okay, fuck this lady.

You can still be an LGTBQA supporter and also a selfish, self-promoting asshole unworthy of donations.

Donate as you wish, but don't be surprised if others call this lady out.

Miss "relentlessly gay" is looking to be a hoaxer. She won't meet with police, and the letter is no longer in her possession.

http://baltimore.suntimes.com/bal-news/ ... -baltimore

Wow, that's very clever that the writing style with the capitol letters. In my personal opinion, any money donated would have been better used had it been given to the donor's local LGBT community organization, even if this was true.

it seems this woman was not as bright as her beautiful rainbow lamps - bonus point in the story is that she accused the local Presbyterian church of writing the note, but failed to check out their views on homosexuality - oops, they perform same-sex weddings.

it seems this woman was not as bright as her beautiful rainbow lamps - bonus point in the story is that she accused the local Presbyterian church of writing the note, but failed to check out their views on homosexuality - oops, they perform same-sex weddings.

:clap: wrong denomination, then! Definitely should've checked that one out :lol: :lol:

Archived