IGNORED

Hard-hitting questions you wish the Duggars would answer

hockeymoo

Here's mine, right now:

If Jill, Jessa, and everyone else affected by Josh's abuse has healed and forgiven and moved on, and it wasn't really that big of a deal as they repeatedly claim, how come the world finding out about Josh's actions is provoking such outrage from them? If it wasn't that big of a deal, then why did it need to be kept a secret, and why is it so embarrassing?

For all their preaching of Christian values, they're kind of falling apart and contradicting themselves in the midst of all this drama, which says a lot about the shallowness of their values, I think. This family has been so sheltered that they've never had to actually ask themselves hard questions and develop any depth of character. Even Josh molesting his sisters was glossed over, and it seems to me that they're only being forced to address it now and are totally unequipped to do so.

Way to fail your kids, Michelle and Jim Bob.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Jill and Jessa speak to their Derrick and Ben about this before they got engaged? What was their reaction? How do your husbands feel about Josh?

Here's mine, right now:

If Jill, Jessa, and everyone else affected by Josh's abuse has healed and forgiven and moved on, and it wasn't really that big of a deal as they repeatedly claim, how come the world finding out about Josh's actions is provoking such outrage from them? If it wasn't that big of a deal, then why did it need to be kept a secret, and why is it so embarrassing?

For all their preaching of Christian values, they're kind of falling apart and contradicting themselves in the midst of all this drama, which says a lot about the shallowness of their values, I think. This family has been so sheltered that they've never had to actually ask themselves hard questions and develop any depth of character. Even Josh molesting his sisters was glossed over, and it seems to me that they're only being forced to address it now and are totally unequipped to do so.

Way to fail your kids, Michelle and Jim Bob.

I was thinking the EXACT THING as I just watched Jessa and Jill's interview. They're playing it off like it ain't no thang, and yet Jessa refers to it as "such a dark time to walk through" and Jill cries as she calls herself a victim. What is so dark and tear-inducing about some "mild inappropriate touching that was all forgiven"?

I want to know, what exactly led them to follow the patriarchy BS. They essentially admit, that they have no self-control, so it is up to women, to not test their lack of self control.

Is it ego, is it low self-esteem, is it something more sinister?

Would any of the brothers or sisters ever let josh be alone with their children or future children? Has that trust truly been restored? I don't believe it has because of Jill talking about putting safeguards in her home but would love to hear what they would say.

Why was a babysitter sleeping over? How old was she?

How was it to push the book keeping this secret of "improper touching."

Why isn't Josh doing his own damage control?

Ditto. I want to see him defend himself and not his parents or sisters.

I would simply wish she would ask the parents to define sexual abuse and how it is different than inappropriate touching?

If what Josh did wasn't even that bad, surely not molestation but an "improper touch", and the victims supposedly didn't even know it was happening until they were actually told, then why was it such a trauma and hard time for Jim Boob and Michelle?

Why is it that Jim Boob and Michelle went to such great lengths to make sure that no boys babysat, that the little ones didn't sit on anyone's lap who wasn't Jim Boob, made sure specific kids weren't alone together, etc. instead of, oh I don't know, TEACHING THEIR SON NOT TO VIOLATE OTHER PEOPLE?

I would've just liked the questions Megyn asked but with some actual follow up. Like call them out when they lied or didn't answer the question.

Follow up question to Jessa, when you say that Josh was sly and sutle, would you also say he was grooming his victims? Do you know what grooming is?

Why was a babysitter sleeping over? How old was she?

The real (we will never hear it) answer to this question is a potential Pandora's box. At the time Josh was 14 (according to the narrative), which is completely old enough to babysit siblings. The next sibling was 12 or so (?) - old enough to help babysit. Why was a babysitter (apparently another teen of ?? age) there in the first place? Had there been behavior (could have been general failure to demonstrate responsible behavior) that demonstrated that Josh couldn't be trusted to babysit?

There's more to this piece of the story.

I managed to put all I want to know in one question:

WTF is happening in your head when you do/say all that shit?

(A football game between dust and ashes probably.)

Could you please share the name(s )of the counseling facility (ies) that you used for the children/family counseling? How many therapists did you use? How many times did you attend? Could you please share the dates/period of time that this counseling occurred?

Did the entire family, including the parents, get counseling?

The real (we will never hear it) answer to this question is a potential Pandora's box. At the time Josh was 14 (according to the narrative), which is completely old enough to babysit siblings. The next sibling was 12 or so (?) - old enough to help babysit. Why was a babysitter (apparently another teen of ?? age) there in the first place? Had there been behavior (could have been general failure to demonstrate responsible behavior) that demonstrated that Josh couldn't be trusted to babysit?

There's more to this piece of the story.

Also, was she his first victim? If not, why was a young girl allowed to sleep on the couch and not behind a locked door, if they knew of Josh's abuse?

After this happened, how could you bring more children into the situation without KNOWING it would never happen again?

How can you live with yourself after prioritizing your son over your daughters every step of the way through this situation? Do you really view them as less than because they are female?

And with grandma and grandpa Duggar living right nearby at the time (I think?), WHY did Josh not go live there, even temporarily?

And how do you square "just curious, a little inappropriate touching" with a 5 year old victim? No one is sexually curious in a normal way and acting it out on a 5 year old.

If most unmarried men are so weak that they must have their sisters yell, "nike" whenever a young woman walks by, at what point do these young man achieve the necessary strength to become the all knowing headship?

What's the process for that transformation? 2 years at ALERT?

If what Josh did wasn't even that bad, surely not molestation but an "improper touch", and the victims supposedly didn't even know it was happening until they were actually told, then why was it such a trauma and hard time for Jim Boob and Michelle?

Why is it that Jim Boob and Michelle went to such great lengths to make sure that no boys babysat, that the little ones didn't sit on anyone's lap who wasn't Jim Boob, made sure specific kids weren't alone together, etc. instead of, oh I don't know, TEACHING THEIR SON NOT TO VIOLATE OTHER PEOPLE?

Wait, are you implying that Michelle and JB should have actually parented their children? Oh, heavens!

Follow up question to Jessa, when you say that Josh was sly and sutle, would you also say he was grooming his victims? Do you know what grooming is?

Exactly what I was thinking when she said that.

Where is Josh, why is he not being interviewed right now. Why push the daughters out to do it, and let the audience see them cry and struggle to cope, and yet his parents have to talk for him. Josh isn't the disturbed teenage boy he was back then, hes a man now and he should be able to speak for himself.

Where is Josh, why is he not being interviewed right now. Why push the daughters out to do it, and let the audience see them cry and struggle to cope, and yet his parents have to talk for him. Josh isn't the disturbed teenage boy he was back then, hes a man now and he should be able to speak for himself.

SO much this.

I'd add: What about the babysitter? You've seen Josh's own sisters pretty much have a meltdown on Fox now. What did you do for the non- family babysitter? How did you make her life better after she was molested by your child molesting teen-aged son? Did you help her in any way or did you cut all ties and shun her? I think I know but I really hope you are better people than I think you are.

I would have liked Megan to have clarified with JimBob: what is "that man's" name? And why did you JB and Michelle, take Josh to Gotthard when he (Bill) had already been accused of sexual misconduct with young girls who worked at the headquarters?

I would want to know where they got counseling and for how long.

Did anyone ever tell them that what was done was a crime?

How do you say he was not a child molester or pedophile when he sexually molested your five year old sister?

Archived