IGNORED

Gabe Anast Can Cure Your Infected Tooth

debrand

Too bad I hadn't found this earlier. I spent a lot of money on a root canal and a cap.

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index ... 982.0;wap2

Gabriel Anast:

I've mentioned it before here somewhere... cloves are a wonderful thing for teeth. I have overcome a couple tooth or gum infections by just placing two or three cloves between my cheek and the offending area. I keep the cloves in and kind of suck on them until they start to deteriorate at which time I chew and swallow them or spit them out. I then put a new set it. Usually in less than a day the infection is gone.

Cinnamon can also be used, but it is usually hotter... some people can take it, others cannot. I like cloves. I munch on cinnamon sticks now and then for a nice post-meal desert / digestive aid. Remember that cinnamon can also lower blood sugar... don't eat too much, especially if you are diabetic or hypoglycemic.

Mind you, this does nothing for the actual cavity (if there is one), the hole is still there, the infection is just gone now.

Remember that tooth/gum infections can be some of the worst that you can get. If you decide to treat one naturally, treat it aggressively. They can be life threatening. As with all infections, the earlier you begin treatment, the better.

--gabe

PS: I would love to see some experimenting with Xylitol. Some of the stories claim that Xylitol actually helps rebuild tooth enamel. Seems unlikely, but... like I said, I'd love to see some experiments.

Translation: I refuse to work, so I have no money to go to the dentist when I have a (possibly life-threatening!) tooth infection. Therefore, I tried a home remedy similar to what people in the 1700s might have done. I'm no longer in excruciating pain, so it must have worked. Woot for me. You should do the same thing--after all, dentists and health insurance are for heathens. I'm going to go back to studying my Bible now.

Too bad I hadn't found this earlier. I spent a lot of money on a root canal and a cap.

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index ... 982.0;wap2

Me too, last spring I had to have an emergancy root canal and cap done on a Friday. The pain was so bad that I couldn't even talk in between all the sobbing and had to have my oldest drive/walk me around to even get to the chair at the dentist. Sheesh, I spent $$$$ and could have done it for free at home. :roll:

Um, what a moron. I'd love to see xrays of this guy's teeth. He's right that the cloves don't stop the "hole in the tooth" and in fact, he should know that if the cavity is not removed and treated by a dentist it will get bigger and the person risks losing the tooth. A small demineralization on the tooth can be repaired with fluoride, but once it is there you can't stop a cavity by simply eating cloves. I'd also like to point out that a toothache is often caused by an abscess which needs to be treated with penicillin, NOT cloves. The cloves will not make the abscess go away. This homeopathic bs is more detrimental to one's oral health than the people who spout it realize.

Dentists actually do use clove oil (eugenol) in conjuction with dental treatment. But you are right, it won't fix the cavity. It's more of a temporary solution until something better can be done. Last year I had a failed root canal so the dentist put in a temporary filling with eugenol, it helped soothe the nerve and calm things down while I took another round of antibiotics. (3 time root canal winner here...oy).

ETA-- people like Gabe that don't fix their dental problems bug me. I understand if you can't afford it...no judgement from me on that. But I know people that just won't go, and their kids have teeth that literally crumble and break because they are so far gone.

Idiot. Why did he not do a simple internet search before posting his drivel? Xylitol has been studied.

Maybe I should start a real live-like-we're-poor-unfortunate-persecuted-and-pre-modern blog and discuss the Ugandan refugee camp solution to the problem of tooth pain with no dentist: a few beers, then a friend with a bicycle spoke and a rock, to knock the sucker out and dig out the root. I could have my old friend write a column on her first and second breech births at home with no hospital nearby because it had been sacked in the war. And another one on losing her five month old baby to simple diarrhea in a refugee camp because the nearest clinic was over a day's walk away.

Assholes. This pretend to be poor and oppressed crap really makes me want to become Ruler of Everything so I could order people like that into a refugee camp half a world away.

Well, clove oil will relieve toothache. It is also a mild antiseptic so it is possible that it might aid the body to deal with a mild infection. It wont deal with a bigger infection such as an absess though and there is always the risk of the infection going into the bone and surrounding tissue. Not worth the risk.

I don't think we should dismiss traditional remedies. Some of them do work. But with Gabe it is simply because he doesn't have the money to pay for medical care - and why doesn't he have the money? Because he wont get off is backside and get a job.

This man is risking such lovely things such as sinus absess, encephalitis, cardiac disease (valves can become infected if the infection gets into the blood). Osteomyelitis. I have a resident that has a picc line because he has osteomyelitis of the jaw r/t untreated absess. The antibiotic therapy is making him sick too. It's sad. Dental health is muy importante but if this git wants to continue to treat himself with cloves, he'll find out soon enough.

A small demineralization on the tooth can be repaired with fluoride, but once it is there you can't stop a cavity by simply eating cloves.

But fluoride is used by the government for mind control!!11!!

Well, clove oil will relieve toothache. It is also a mild antiseptic so it is possible that it might aid the body to deal with a mild infection. It wont deal with a bigger infection such as an absess though and there is always the risk of the infection going into the bone and surrounding tissue. Not worth the risk.

I don't think we should dismiss traditional remedies. Some of them do work. But with Gabe it is simply because he doesn't have the money to pay for medical care - and why doesn't he have the money? Because he wont get off is backside and get a job.

I agree with you Sola, there is a time and a place for everything but this isn't the time to mess around when infection is involved. You and I may have gone to a dentist but this idiot goes homeopathic in a stupid way. I love homeopathic treatments but for little things not big things like infections. That needs a doctor's advice, for sure.

Garlic has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Tooth aches are caused by infections, not by the hole in the enamel. The hole has to be fixed. However, you have to treat the infection with something that kills bacteria. Garlic *will* kill bacteria, so it would stop the tooth ache per se. I don't know how strong an antibiotic strength garlic has, so I don't know how big of an infection it would combat. Sucking on raw garlic would stop the pain if the infection were a small one.

The main problem is that a hole in your enamel is *very* dangerous. It's a direct route to your circulatory system. You can kill the bacteria that is causing you pain. However, the hole in your tooth can send an infection straight into your blood stream, which can then go directly to your heart. People DIE of toothaches. They die without warning because they had a hole in their tooth they didn't fix.

Translation: I refuse to work, so I have no money to go to the dentist when I have a (possibly life-threatening!) tooth infection. Therefore, I tried a home remedy similar to what people in the 1700s might have done. I'm no longer in excruciating pain, so it must have worked. Woot for me. You should do the same thing--after all, dentists and health insurance are for heathens. I'm going to go back to studying my Bible now.

Seriously. Spot on. That man is crazy. And any person who would be proud of their daughter "marrying" him is crazier.

Part of the reason people can't handle cinnamon is because more people are allergic to cinnamon (actually cinnamic aldehyde) than realize it.

I am one. Now, severely.

It really sucks. :(

ETA-- people like Gabe that don't fix their dental problems bug me. I understand if you can't afford it...no judgement from me on that. But I know people that just won't go, and their kids have teeth that literally crumble and break because they are so far gone.

I didn't go to a dentist for 9 years and as a result lost a tooth exactly in this manner. It broke in half while I was eating spaghetti!

As for their kids, ah, the good ole days! Both my mother and MIL never went to the dentist as kids (MIL too poor, mother lived in a succession of foster homes...no doctor unless you were practically dying - this was the 30's/early 40's). Both of them lost all of their teeth before they were 20 and have worn dentures ever since. For my MIL, who is still alive, that's been 60 years (when she got married and had money to fix them) now.

Gabe is a lazy idiot. Too lazy to get a job or a real marriage license under the guise of having to deal with the ebil gubmint in any way. I feel for those kids; I hope they all survive to adulthood and run as far as they can from their whackadoodle family.

People have been know to die from infected teeth.

My great uncle did. He had a tooth abscess and developed septicemia (blood poisoning) from it and died. He was in his 80's.

Also people with a bad health valve can end up with the bacteria from an infected tooth travelling to the heart and congregating on the diseased valve. This is very serious and people can die from it.

Tooth disease accounts for a lot of absences from school. In our city we now have dental services available in some schools. There is a program for kids and pregnant women who do not have dental insurance to get free dental care.

Using cloves is a very old treatment. It will provide temporary relief but you still need the underlying problem taken care of.

Nell

I agree with you Sola, there is a time and a place for everything but this isn't the time to mess around when infection is involved. You and I may have gone to a dentist but this idiot goes homeopathic in a stupid way. I love homeopathic treatments but for little things not big things like infections. That needs a doctor's advice, for sure.

Just as a point of order, clove oil for a toothache isn't homeopathy. Homeopathy is a pseudoscience, clove oil has some actual effective usage as a herbal remedy. That he is stupid about it is a given :)

We used clove oil a couple of years back as a stopgap until we could get dental care for my husband. It helped it from getting worse, which was the more important thing to us.

Gabe is a lazy idiot. Too lazy to get a job or a real marriage license under the guise of having to deal with the ebil gubmint in any way. I feel for those kids; I hope they all survive to adulthood and run as far as they can from their whackadoodle family.

He got married without a marriage license? Are there groups that do this, just have a religious wedding? I've never heard of it.

Nell

He got married without a marriage license? Are there groups that do this, just have a religious wedding? I've never heard of it.

See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2746

We've also discussed this a number of other times here & at the Yuku board.

[

We've also discussed this a number of other times here & at the Yuku board.

Thanks, I'm new here.

In Colombia and Mexico, and probably most L.a. countries the government doesn't recognize church weddings so everyone has a civil wedding separate from the church wedding but often on the same day. In my son's case he and his wife had their civil wedding 6 months before their church wedding.

Nell

Bingo!

We bought eugenol (oil of cloves) at our dentist's recommendation when my husband had an awful toothache and he couldn't see him until the next day. Mr. Bug said it really helped. Our dentist actually told Mr. Bug to keep using the oil of cloves along with some hefty antibiotics until the oral surgeon could fit him in a week later.

Oh yeah, the problem? An abcessed wisdom tooth. :shock: Mr. Bug is one of the few people who had room for all four wisdom teeth to (mostly) come in, and so he never had them removed in his late teens. Did I mention that at the time I was 8 months pregnant, it was swelteringly hot (July) and the oral surgeon decided he'd take the abcessed tooth out with only a local because he was concerned about my ability to get a recently-sedated Mr. Bug safely home and into the house? :D Yeah, those were fun times. Mr. Bug was adequately anesthetized and the surgeon was very gentle, but he said when the other three come out he plans to have that lovely IV sedation rather than being awake while some guy drills and cuts molars out in pieces.

If he had let the abcess continue for very long it could have caused major problems up to and including infection entering his sinuses and skull. Maybe that explains some of Gabe's brand of crazy...

And preeclampsia cured with cherry juice? Gee, I guess I was mistaken in curing my preeclampsia by having labor induced ASAP and spending 24 hours at the end of my labor and for almost a day afterwards bedridden and on magnesium sulfate to avoid having a seizure. Silly me! :lol: I'll have to make sure to tell my awesome OBGYN about that one.

Gabe Anast was, at one point, a paramedic who specialized in critical care transports--transfers from one hospital to another hospital of critically ill patients, kind of like a mobile ICU. Not only does he have a lot of training (it's equivalent to about 3 years of college) in medical things, he also has seen a lot of people very, very ill from infections.

Gabe knows better. To be spreading this nonsense on the internet is both stupid and dangerous, especially for someone who has the medical training to know better.

Archived