IGNORED

Future of FJ

Daisy0322

We can still make fun of the Maxwells, Shraders, the Pecan Thieves, Bates, Rodrigues, Ken and Lori, PP and Zsu Zsu, Arndts, Palins, Right Wing politicos, etc. Oh the possibilities are endless!

We have no plans to go anywhere. The random site failures are because we are getting a ton of traffic. FJ is here for the long haul. :)

I have a sinking feeling that this is just the tip of the iceberg for the Duggars.

And yes... there is plenty of snark to go around. Wonder what chaos the Bates will try to bring to get on par with the Duggars...

really if needed this could be a place for the girls to vent, maybe at least we could do a care-package if they run

I think we've got a solid year of content from the Duggars. More and more stuff will unravel as time goes on.

I have a sinking feeling that this is just the tip of the iceberg for the Duggars.

And yes... there is plenty of snark to go around. Wonder what chaos the Bates will try to bring to get on par with the Duggars...

I'm NOT a Bates leghumper ( Gil is in with Gothard, for Pete's sake) but I don't think, at this point in time, that it's fair at all to equate the Bates family with the extremely unsavory information we now have about the Duggar men, Jim Bob and Josh.

I also do not think the Bates family has ever been shown to thrive on chaos. JMO, trying to be fair- minded about fundies is hard. :)

really if needed this could be a place for the girls to vent, maybe at least we could do a care-package if they run

TBH I don't think it would be good if there were to vent here. I'd much send them some money for counselling, rent etc if any of the kids ran.

I think we've got a solid year of content from the Duggars. More and more stuff will unravel as time goes on.

I think Jim Bob is as corrupt as a person can be, and has hidden it under his " duh- goofy daddy" hat for MANY years. It will come to light. I just hope the SOL hasn't run out on any illegal dealings that may be uncovered. I want to see him go DOWN and go to prison. Maybe I am not being fair because of my continued anger at the horrible pain he has made his daughters endure in silence after their brother molested them, but there's just SO much coming out that goes directly back to James Robert Duggar, not any of his children.

So yeah, I can see a raison d' etre for FJ now and in the future. Plus, who's going to watch the Rodrigues family implode if we aren't here? :popcorn2:

We will be here for a long time. Aside from the Duggars. there are so many fundie creeps to snark on.

The Bates must have known the rumors, (100%) however opened their home to this family.

It's ok with them.

The Bates must have known the rumors, (100%) however opened their home to this family.

It's ok with them.

IMO, at this point, we do not know what they knew or suspected or when.

They let their young daughters be in close contact with the Duggar males.

IF this ever included Josh overnight, then I'd be shocked if Kelly, particularly, knew anything about Josh's molestations of young girls.

I tend to think Josh was out of the home when the Bates started " fellowshipping" with the Duggars. IDK for sure, because I didn't see the early years. Tons of little kids and the weird Duggar parents were boring as drying paint.

It's only been since the older children have grown up that the show has any snark factor for me. I never expected the awfulness that we've found out about, though.

I know who the Duggars are, but have never watched an episode of the show and have had little to no interest in it until now. My "gateway fundie" to FJ was YLCF, Gretchen, and Natalie. Then I fell into the endless clusterfuck of fundie women's blogs, and found the treasure trove of crazy that is/was produced by nitwits like the Botkins.

FJ might be named after a Duggar kid, but it doesn't need the Duggars to have material for snark. As long as there's some earnest quiverfull nitwit talking about stacking kids on pallets, feeding them lacto-fermented pick, and decrying this modern trend of women working/voting/using their brains, and as long as kids are bailing out if the lifestyle and running away and posting about their attempts to get their proof of existence from Mom and Dad so they can get a damn driver's license and a job and a passport, and as long as Vision Forum continues to explode like beautiful multi-colored fireworks across the Internet, we'll be here to comment, laugh, and try to follow the Rube Goldberg machines of logic they employ.

Jinger is not yet free.

As long as she and hundreds like her are trapped, brainwashed and abused by the tenets of fundamentalism, FJ will have a role in bringing these horrors to light.

IF this ever included Josh overnight, then I'd be shocked if Kelly, particularly, knew anything about Josh's molestations of young girls.

I tend to think Josh was out of the home when the Bates started " fellowshipping" with the Duggars. IDK for sure, because I didn't see the early years. Tons of little kids and the weird Duggar parents were boring as drying paint.

It's only been since the older children have grown up that the show has any snark factor for me. I never expected the awfulness that we've found out about, though.

I think someone mentioned in part 2 of Josh's thread that it was pretty well known what happened in the fundie circle. They might have not known that his sisters were involved, but they did know he molested someone.

Like I have mentioned in several threads where people seem to think that Gil and Kelly have high morals about protecting girls from being molested, Gil, being part of the IBLP BoD, knew well before it became public that there were decades of accusations about what Bill Gothard did to the teens who traveled with him. I'm sure Kelly knew the accusations too. They still sent their daughters to travel out of the country with Gothard. They protected and stuck with a man who has 40 years of abuse accusations under his belt. IMO, the only concern Gil and Kelly have at this moment is that the media is going to start looking at who they exposed their daughters to.

We have no plans to go anywhere. The random site failures are because we are getting a ton of traffic. FJ is here for the long haul. :)

We got a shout out on Slate. That's gotta drive some traffic!

There is whole FJ outside of the Duggars.

There are a bunch of us FJers who avoided Duggar threads like the plague (hence the helpmeet's thread in QoSnark that she placed there for those who didn't know the latest in spite of the massive amount of posting in the Duggar threads).

FJ isn't going anywhere.

Quite. FJ isn't going anywhere. The Duggars are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to looking at the flaws of Fundamentalism.

I'd encourage people who have just found FJ to explore the board and other forums here. We talk about a whole lot more than the Duggars.

We've seen the downfall of many of the families we discuss, the Duggars arent the first. Just because TLC (hopefully) pulls them from the airwaves doesnt erase them from existence. Theres no way in Hell Boob will slink off into obscurity, he'll be there, writing books and trying to speak. WHo knows where Joshy will end up, and a lot of us have a true interest in the fate of the J'kids, snark aside.

We have plenty of things to discuss and always will. So long as people are out on the internet banging bibles and suppressing the rights of others we will be here to call them out on it.

It's actually quite funny that people think this site is solely about the Duggars. The name I suppose.

There again the folks who are saying it never leave the Duggar threads :lol:

The recent media attention, the introduction of instagram, the kids growing up has certainly fuelled that interest, the snark has been largely absent in favour of leghumping/assassination. So I'm actually hopeful that will stop in time....not for a while I would imagine.

Due to certain posters and tone I was beginning to think FJ was just an extended comment section of gutter tabloids and folks who get off posting nasty crap to comments. Only the other parts of the board remained attractive to me.

It is what it is, I can choose to participate or not. I would lean toward the not if that was going to be the future of FJ. Example.........a prediction of Josh's new kid being named Molester. Yeah...if that tone becomes acceptable, I would be disappointed.

I haven't posted enough to make a new thread, but could we possibly have a thread to talk about one of the few POSITIVE shows that TLC has - ie The Little Couple? I truly adore them and I think they are wonderful parents who are doing a marvelous job raising their two children....I'd love a place to talk about them, especially since the new season starts next week. Bill and Jen seem to be one of the only couples on TLC who are doing it RIGHT....

What do you think?

I haven't posted enough to make a new thread, but could we possibly have a thread to talk about one of the few POSITIVE shows that TLC has - ie The Little Couple? I truly adore them and I think they are wonderful parents who are doing a marvelous job raising their two children....I'd love a place to talk about them, especially since the new season starts next week. Bill and Jen seem to be one of the only couples on TLC who are doing it RIGHT....

What do you think?

There is a thread on them over in Quiverfull of Worldly Distractions

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=17204&hilit=The+Little+Couple

The duggars will always be public. JB is going to make money someway. And there's the Bates, Maxwells and other fundies plus stupid shit Republican say or do

The canceling of the show won't result in any Duggar's freedom. we just won't have the show to snark on.

Archived