IGNORED

Future of FJ

Daisy0322

It's actually quite funny that people think this site is solely about the Duggars. The name I suppose.

There again the folks who are saying it never leave the Duggar threads [emoji38]

The recent media attention, the introduction of instagram, the kids growing up has certainly fuelled that interest, the snark has been largely absent in favour of leghumping/assassination. So I'm actually hopeful that will stop in time....not for a while I would imagine.

Due to certain posters and tone I was beginning to think FJ was just an extended comment section of gutter tabloids and folks who get off posting nasty crap to comments. Only the other parts of the board remained attractive to me.

It is what it is, I can choose to participate or not. I would lean toward the not if that was going to be the future of FJ. Example.........a prediction of Josh's new kid being named Molester. Yeah...if that tone becomes acceptable, I would be disappointed.

The amount of baseless speculation and molestation jokes was making me sick.

It just takes a few people to sour a thread, unfortunately.

We will still be going as long as fundamentalism is.

Besides, Jinger is still in there right now, while everyone is on lockdown and panicking. She isn't free yet.

What we don't know is just what the inner circle was told. Again, their definition of inappropriate sexual behavior is so strange to most of us. JB and M, may have only told that Josh was acting out sexually and that he had confessed to masturbation, or that he had fooled around (consensually) with another girl his age. We really don't know for sure. I think some probably knew more than others and some probably put 2 and 2 together, though critical thinking and deductive logic is not a strong point for fundies.

Gil and Kelly probably at least heard whispers that Josh had been a bad boy, but again, what they heard may have been very different from what we are hearing now. I mean, we have heard rumors of sin in the camp for awhile, but most of us thought it involved another girl and that Josh was caught making out or something.

I imagine Gil and Kelly are watching this all unfold with some trepidation. They may have their own secrets and now they know that nothing is secret forever. I am not suggesting sexual molestation, but even Gil's unsavory history of grifting his way through life, sucking the money from people and then abandoning them when they have nothing left to give is not a pretty tale.

And of course the common denominator is Gothard. If the media starts to dig at Gothard and report about well known fundie girls who had contact with him, then Gil and Kelly will be under fire. And somewhere, hopefully more Gothard insiders and victims will come forward now that all of this is coming forward.

If you were to write a handbook on how to create sexual offenders, the QF and other extreme fundie lifestyles would be your how to guide. Kids raised in this culture are at risk to be either victims or abusers, or both.

There are plenty of things to discuss on FJ beyond the Duggars. Go check out Quiverfull of Snark to see the wide variety of religious fundamentalists using the bible (and various other religious texts) to justify their hate. I wish the Duggars were the only ones we could discuss, unfortunately there are many more out there.

!  {TEXT1}:
Let's keep the baseless, prurient speculation to a minimum, shall we? FJ is not a place to just make shit up and call it a rumor. It's not a place to spin worst case scenarios. The confirmed facts in this situation are bad enough. We don't have to "hope" it was worse.

FJ has evolved into so much more than the Duggars. There are so many people that we read about, and I'm sure even more that we don't know about, who need their freedom fundamentalism. It's my hope that FJ will always be there as a safe haven for them and a place of support.

Lord I almost had a coronary when I saw this topic. :orly:

Glad it's just chatter.

DON'T EVER LEAVE ME

:worship:

:romance-grouphug:

FJ can't go anywhere! I have many ex humpers who have now seen the light.

Everyone who has even mentioned the topic has been linked here.

Eh, I think Free Jinger will be here at least until Sarah Maxwell courts. :wink-kitty:

Eh, I think Free Jinger will be here at least until Sarah Maxwell courts. :wink-kitty:

So it'll be there forever, then?

The Bates would be smart right now to keep hush on the matters, but I was so surprised Guinn Seewald was responding to people on her FB.

Also would it be a possibility that UP network might pick up 19aKC if TLC does decided to axe the show? :mouse-shock:

Let's keep the baseless, prurient speculation to a minimum, shall we? FJ is not a place to just make shit up and call it a rumor. It's not a place to spin worst case scenarios. The confirmed facts in this situation are bad enough. We don't have to "hope" it was worse.

Let's move to Ireland and get married HA!!!

The Bates would be smart right now to keep hush on the matters, but I was so surprised Guinn Seewald was responding to people on her FB.

Also would it be a possibility that UP network might pick up 19aKC if TLC does decided to axe the show? :mouse-shock:

For real. The circling of the wagons sure includes a lot of public statements.

!  {TEXT1}:
Hi Folks,

As other Helpmeets and members have mentioned, while the new Duggar news is explosive and may lead to their cancellation by TLC, it will not be the end of their fame whoring, nor will it be the end of FJ.

If you take a look at the menu on the left hand side, you can see we are MUCH more than a Duggar site and have been for many years. As long as there are religious extremists, mommy bloggers, tv shows, MRAs, politics etc there will be FJ.

We are not going anywhere.

Gil and Kelly, for the sake of your younger children and the generations of Bates to come, PLEASE...can you not see the damage that ATI has caused to so many? Let this tragedy with Josh and his family awaken in you a desire to seek your OWN relationship with the Lord, not one dictated to you and through you by ATI indoctrination. There's no time like now to allow God to speak to your hearts directly, instead of through the fault and failure of a cult like ATI. I don't begrudge you your faith (I am a Christian myself, and we are entitled to our beliefs and rights, just like others feel they are.) But I cannot understand, for the life of me, why you would continue, in light of all that has happened (Doug Phillips, Bill Gothard, and now Jim Bob Duggar's handling of his son's and daugthers' mental health and well being). Please quit placing your faith in the ways of men and return to a PERSONAL relationship that flows between you and God, not a checklist of external controls adopted through the harmful teachings of ATI.

Where your family is concerned, WAKE UP.

I thought they just pulled the show?

Pulling the show and cancelling the show is two different things . The season was over anyways..

Anyways I'm Glad that the site isnt going away. The Bates new season is Starting

I knew about the Duggars but I wasn't really a fan. Then a marathon came on about a year or two ago and I dunno I'm always fascinated by huge family especially if they are deeply religious. I wish I found this site sooner, lota of info

One thing that I noticed about these families is that a lot of them have Family Blogs, even if they arent famous. Guesz They all need to share the glory of God , cuz if u believe that chick tract if u dont Convert someone then ur going to hell

IMO, at this point, we do not know what they knew or suspected or when.

They let their young daughters be in close contact with the Duggar males.

IF this ever included Josh overnight, then I'd be shocked if Kelly, particularly, knew anything about Josh's molestations of young girls.

I tend to think Josh was out of the home when the Bates started " fellowshipping" with the Duggars. IDK for sure, because I didn't see the early years. Tons of little kids and the weird Duggar parents were boring as drying paint.

It's only been since the older children have grown up that the show has any snark factor for me. I never expected the awfulness that we've found out about, though.

According to the 19KAC episode "38 Kids & Counting" that aired in 2011, the families have been friends friends for 15 years. That was well before Josh married.

This begs the question, could any of the Duggar ladies have confided in any of the Bates ladies at some point. Joy's BFF is Carlin Bates, and JD is friends with Zach Bates. Or, worse case case scenario........ I'll just leave it at that.

While the Bateseseses and the Duggars have been friends for well over 20 years, there seems to have been a rather large gap in seeing each other from the mid-90s to their first appearance on 17K&C in 2008. So I don't think they would have been aware of Josh's molestation in real time or even told about it once the families reconnected.

They knew about Got-hard though and continued, still continue, to support that perv so I doubt they would have batted an eye at what Josh did, I just doubt they knew because the less people in on the secret the better.

Then again, apparently their entire Church of the Holy Warehouse with Blacked Out Windows knew and only ONE (possibly two) person tried to do the right thing and tell the authorities to investigate so who the fuck knows with these vile people.

While the Bateseseses and the Duggars have been friends for well over 20 years, there seems to have been a rather large gap in seeing each other from the mid-90s to their first appearance on 17K&C in 2008. So I don't think they would have been aware of Josh's molestation in real time or even told about it once the families reconnected.

They knew about Got-hard though and continued, still continue, to support that perv so I doubt they would have batted an eye at what Josh did, I just doubt they knew because the less people in on the secret the better.

Then again, apparently their entire Church of the Holy Warehouse with Blacked Out Windows knew and only ONE (possibly two) person tried to do the right thing and tell the authorities to investigate so who the fuck knows with these vile people.

1. Kitty Genovese Syndrome. Someone else will report it. Someone else will take responsibility. Someone else will put a stop to it.

2. Never underestimate the social power of cults. People in these very conservative religious sects are isolated and live in very close-knit families/communities. And this particular sect is very, very concerned with the image they present to the media. Keep in mind that if someone, especially a victim or someone close to the victims, came forward about what was going on either with Gothard or with Josh, they were risking losing friends, family, and most importantly, their support system. They could be shunned, they themselves could be accused of sins or crimes to discredit their testimony, or worse. And when you've been taught all your life that your family/community's way is the right way and that everyone else is evil, and that people who have bad things happen to them deserve it, it's hard to unlearn that. It's not easy to speak out about abuses or break away when that much is at stake. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Bates kids knew what happened, but were afraid or told not to speak out.

Archived