IGNORED

Oh Lord, won't you buy Jana a Mercedes Benz?

MisUndrstd

According to OK magazine online, sweet Jana is demanding a car of her own from JB and Michelle. It seems Jana is tired of carpooling with her siblings and tired of having to wait for one of the family SUV's to free up. She wants a car of her own and I say it is high time she gets it!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought all the girls get their own cars in exchange for their servitude??

Yes it has been stated several times, usually by the girls' and then TH confirmed and over explained by JB or JChelle.

Boys have to buy their own cars and do the maintenance on them as well, so they can learn to work on their future family's cars as well.

Jana is the most exploitet, disregarded of all Duggarlings. If there's any one I'd wish would find total happiness, it's her. Oh Lord, please send a hero her way, she needs one to take her out of there .

I call BS. The girls, per their book, get a car. The boys have to earn one.

I call BS. The girls, per their book, get a car. The boys have to earn one.

Well, I guess because it was reported by OK magazine you can't really trust the article. Maybe she is pushing for a newer car or a better car, who knows.. I just hope she gets some flashy wheels to cruise Tontitown in and not some grocery getter!

I would call bs on this but the duggars are always "unaware" of anything that does not portray them in a positive light. I mean this is why we have heard the same questions answered again and again over the past 10 years. If this is true Jana deserves the world after all she has raised all of her mothers children and not once has anyone said "thank you Jana". But this is just the part of me that wants Jana and jinger to make a run for it.however if Jana did demand a car where would she be able to go with all of those crazy rules?

After Jana talked about her "special relationship" with the younger girls (to which I turned to my dad and said, "Yeah, she's basically their mother") in last night's episode, I think she deserves the nicest of cars. Mercedes, BMW, Porche. Someone get her something NEW, something that's all hers. Jana Duggar deserves it.

Jana wouldn't "demand" anything - I can't imagine her demanding five minutes peace and quiet, never mind a car. That servant's heart was well and truly blanket-trained into her..... :? :? :?

I have lurked here for months, but I must say the term "grocery getter" is one of the best things I have ever read! Thanks for making me laugh!

Jana deserves something awesome, she does all of the work while her lazy parents get all of the praise.

She doesn't need a Mercedes, she needs an apartment. Of her own. In another state. Or another country. One that doesn't have a phone...and with an unlisted address.

BE FREE, JANA!!

According to OK magazine online, sweet Jana is demanding a car of her own from JB and Michelle. It seems Jana is tired of carpooling with her siblings and tired of having to wait for one of the family SUV's to free up. She wants a car of her own and I say it is high time she gets it!

Oh Jana, get a job and buy your own car like so, so many people!!! But, make sure it is tiny and that no car seats or boosters will fit in it so you don't have to haul around little kids.

Oh Jana, get a job and buy your own car like so, so many people!!! But, make sure it is tiny and that no car seats or boosters will fit in it so you don't have to haul around little kids.

1. I doubt Jana would ever demand ANYTHING. Girl is way too humble. OK magazine is a liar.

2. Jana works probably twice or thrice as much as so, so many people. Having a normal job would probably feel like a vacation.

1. I doubt Jana would ever demand ANYTHING. Girl is way too humble. OK magazine is a liar.

2. Jana works probably twice or thrice as much as so, so many people. Having a normal job would probably feel like a vacation.

So true! I only have two kids and she probably cares for more than that, so she does more than me for sure. And I've got a loving husband, a car, a home, etc!

Under normal circumstances, I would totally agree.

But in this case, I think her parents do have an obligation to buy her a car, an apartment, or whatever she wants, pay for her tuition at any college she wants to go to, and give her a huge sum for her free labor all throughout her childhood until now.

Also, even if she wanted to, and even if she would be willing to defy their cult rules which say that women shouldn't work outside the home, thanks to her parents "sheltering", Jana probably couldn't just go out and get a job to earn some money. She doesn't have any real education, and would probably have difficulties to deal with the real world on her own. Sure, if she would have some help and a period to adjust herself, I think she could survive well outside the Duggar-bubble and live an independent life, but right now, the only way to make fast money would be to write a tell-all book.

But in this case, I think her parents do have an obligation to buy her a car, an apartment, or whatever she wants, pay for her tution at any college she wants to go to, and give her a huge sum for her free labor all throughout her childhood until now.

Also, even if she wanted to, and even if she would be willing to defy their cult rules which say that women shouldn't work outside the home, thanks to her parents "sheltering", Jana probably couldn't just go out and get a job to earn some money. She doesn't have any real education, and would probably have difficulties to deal with the real world on her own. Sure, if she would have some help and a period to adjust herself, I think she could survive well outside the Duggar-bubble and live an independent life, but right now, the only way to make fast money would be to write a tell-all book.

I agree. With the kind of money they're bringing in, the adult kids better be getting a BIG PAYCHECK, with the freedom to spend it how they want. Anything less is robbery. They are cast members. They deserve their cut. Jana especially, because the house would be a circus without her (and previously, Jill)

But in this case, I think her parents do have an obligation to buy her a car, an apartment, or whatever she wants, pay for her tuition at any college she wants to go to, and give her a huge sum for her free labor all throughout her childhood until now.

It's funny, when I think of fundies leaving the fold and trying to make a life on their own I feel like there are two categories. In both categories it is equally hard to go against your family and possibly lose them, but in one, there are the famous ones whose leaving could make them money via books/interviews/tell alls like the Duggars, in the other are the nobodies that no one cares about leaving the fold. The Duggars have options if they leave! They even have less fundie family that might take them in (Michelle's sister, has she ever said she'd welcome a runaway?).

Let's not forget, Jana DOES have a job: she is a reality tv show worker. And yes, that often is very hard work.

Let's not forget, Jana DOES have a job: she is a reality tv show worker. And yes, that often is very hard work.

I'm not very convinced that you could call what they do "hard work." I don't think we really have to go so far as to pretend that the Duggars are really going out of their way to have TLC fly them around on family vacations or put a camera behind them while they go grocery shopping. If that's hard work, what do you call what us normal people do every day? I've got a pretty great job and I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that I work a lot harder than the Duggars. And I probably have a much less strenuous or taxing job than the average American.

They deserve big money not because they worked hard for TLC, but because the show would be NOTHING without them. THEY are the key component that keeps viewers tuning in. THEIR medical emergencies and awkward childhoods and personal moments were exploited when they were too young to be able to consent. They deserve to be making so much money off this cash cow that they'll all never have to work again. But that is probably not the way the cookie will crumble. I bet they'll be bankrupt by the time Josie's 18.

I don't think the problem here for Jana (or any of the kids) is the money. They truly believe (or at least most of them) all those Gothard rules and nonsense invented by their parents... She's evil, she's wicked, she must smile because anything else is sin, she must help because God wanted her to take care of 10 kids at 25... She would feel like a terrible sinner if she escaped. I just have to wish and pray she finds someone who truly cares for her and whom she will move with to a country far away from the JBoob and MeChelle cult.

I have been skimming the boards for this topic, but can't make one of my own yet. On last nights episode, the interviewed finale, Josh said he had a prediction that someone else is going to enter into a courtship in the upcoming season (not Josiah). He specified Jana or Jinger. Any thoughts or just drumming up attention for the new season?

Archived