IGNORED

poor lady dog had to b put down today.

doggie

she came with the horrible lady name but you work with what you get. she was a standard dachshund mix that weighed 35 pounds. we had her sine she was 5. a independent cuss that made her almost untrainable but she dod not need much training. she had a fused vertebrae and her rear end got loose and was fairly numb. between the meds and really high quality food we got another half year or so out of her. but she was dragging around so much and peeing on herself and could not control when she pooped in bed in front of us and my wife being blind found it the hard way. some days she was happy some depressed. so after her spending most of the day dragging we figured it was time. the vet was surprised she kept going that long. very high end food made a huge difference.

long live lady dog lady hoover lady got licker and lazy bones.

she came with the horrible lady name but you work with what you get. she was a standard dachshund mix that weighed 35 pounds. we had her sine she was 5. a independent cuss that made her almost untrainable but she dod not need much training. she had a fused vertebrae and her rear end got loose and was fairly numb. between the meds and really high quality food we got another half year or so out of her. but she was dragging around so much and peeing on herself and could not control when she pooped in bed in front of us and my wife being blind found it the hard way. some days she was happy some depressed. so after her spending most of the day dragging we figured it was time. the vet was surprised she kept going that long. very high end food made a huge difference.

long live lady dog lady hoover lady got licker and lazy bones.

I am so sorry. Our pets are as much a part of the family as any of the humans. It is the saddest thing. I hope you find comfort in the knowledge that she is not suffering anymore. Poor Doggie(s).

I'm so sorry. But please take comfort in knowing you gave her a good life. I understand how hard it is to make the decision (am I doing this too soon? Too late?). I've been there myself a few times, but somehow they manage to tell us when the time is right. She sounds like she was a lovely dog, and she was a happy girl because of you and your wife. may your fond memories of her bring you peace.

It was a bit harder because she was healthy really. Bug she was deaf and she sometimes felt see was not getting enough attention and then would poop on the floor. She hated having to be lifted up and down and such. But for her not in control she was not really hurting and that made it a bit harder too. Off to see if we can find another dog. Here she is this morning post-90-14452000211324_thumb.jpg

What a lovely doggie. I feel for you so much. It's heartbreaking.

What a pretty girl. But in the end you did right by her. We lost our oldest cat a week ago Monday. The others were out of sorts for nearly a week. I'm glad to hear you will look for another dog. My four cats have helped me handle the loss of their big sister. Lady will live on in the spirit of your new one.

She was really weird for a weiner dog strong short legs strong back and a neck as big as her head. She needed a harness but her chest wasn't so large that the harnesses were almost too large for her neck.

we went to the shelter and it was swamped. they list the animals online so yo can check them out before going. we selected three dogs and the guy for us was the fist one. the other two were so shy they would not even come see us. a poodle mix and very outgoing. even just getting neutered yesterday and his leg with a gash sown up and the cone of shame he was outgoing and loved us up. it was too late to adopt tonight so we will pick him up tomorrow.

http://www.oregonhumane.org/adopt/details/172918/post-90-14452000211961_thumb.jpg

well brought him home yesterday and named him Gilligan. fits is goofy nature for sure. they told us to leave him in one room and always take him on a leash. that is great advice he is so wild and crazy that he needs that control. I tried letting him loose in the yard and he went crazy and found the low part of the fence that lady could not get to and bailed over it. with his leg stitches and his neuter he just was way too active.

when we got home I took him to the back yard and he did northing as soon as I put him in the bathroom he peed and pooped. They had no idea if he was potty trained as he was a stray found in California. but that was the last time no messes this morning and he pooped and peed on the leash. lots of praise to make sure. He wants to jump all over you so we are training him to sit he knows sit and we don't want him jumping on others. it is a submissive thing with him. so he lives in the bathroom and we get him h=out every hour or so for potty and loving. they said only visit him in there for 45 minutes a day but this seems more right. but he is nor getting loose for awhile he is too crazy he would be everywhere and chasing our birds.

he will be a great dog as he calms down. it is strange is is so much larger then lady tall and long and such but less the 1/2 the weight. lady was around 33 healthy pounds he is 15 pounds.

man this has not ben cheap 145.00 to give our dog the rest she needs and he was 250 to adopt then a harness and treats as we did not have any. then found our carrier is too small and we needed a tall gate that was 145 right there. a cab ride to bring him home 40.00 took all my wife's paycheck. got to love the unplanned expenses. only thing we did not need was food we had plenty of high end goods that lady needed so he might as well eat them too it made a large difference in her heath. a high end grain free dry and some frozen raw food. post-90-14452000214355_thumb.jpg

Awww, Gilligan looks so sweet! I'm sorry for your loss, even so :(

thanks so much it is the sad part of owning dogs. Gilligan is a great dog just needs to calm down a lot though not sure how we are going to deal with him and our birds he freaks out and shakes in excitement when =he sees them.

I know how that goes! My girl was adopted (I was her fourth home in 5 years! So sad, but she's never leaving me.) so she came with some quirks. Energy was one of them...and never being more than a foot away from me. But it cooled down after a while and now she's finally getting comfortable!

• 2 weeks later...

This guy is a excuse artist. Any hole and he is offering open the door and herself in off. And I've doest not want to come back. Though he is getting better at stopping then sitting there some I can pick him up praises doesn't wonders with him. He is a handful been about 15 years since we had a young dog. He just got groomed all the mats removed. I was not sure he was our dog. post-90-14452000309642_thumb.jpgpost-90-1445200031028_thumb.jpgpost-90-14452000310896_thumb.jpg

Archived