IGNORED

Judge knocks down key parts of TX sonogram bill

Austin

This is good news, Austin. It would have been much better, of course, if the whole damn law had been struck down as unconstitutional.

Well, yeah, there's that.

Does anyone know if it's true that medical personnel nearly always do an ultrasound before an abortion anyway? I read that tonight in some of the comments somewhere? If so, does it have to be a transvaginal one (which I think is particularly cruel to rape victims, especially, and to everyone, really)?

At least the doctor does not need to preach at and shame the woman. I just pray all of this stuff hits the Supremes before one of the liberals croak. I pray for the good health of the liberals on the Supreme Curt every day. I pray that the others may get hit by busses (if it is God's will, of course). Well, as much as I pray about anything.

"Every life lost to abortion is a tragedy and today's ruling is a great disappointment to all Texans who stand in defense of life," Perry said in a statement.

There's your probable Republican nominee for president. Then he can replace Ginsburg with one of his people and we are all deeply screwed. I don't know that she can hang on another five years.

Does anyone know if it's true that medical personnel nearly always do an ultrasound before an abortion anyway? I read that tonight in some of the comments somewhere? If so, does it have to be a transvaginal one (which I think is particularly cruel to rape victims, especially, and to everyone, really)?

I think I'd insist on an ultrasound--for the doctor's sake, kind of as a map, not because I want to see the darn thing. I just want the doc to know where zie's pointing that curette/vacuum and whether I'm having an ectopic or not.

As to how it gets done, gawd, I hope there are kinder ways than a TV for a rape victim. I personally do not mind them, but I can see why people would. If it's medically feasible, I agree there should be options.

I had to have an ultrasound (vaginal) so they could be sure I was early enough for a medical abortion.

I would believe it's nearly universal, just because the laws are so specific as to gestation - you *have* to know the gestational age or get sued.

That's good to know, because that being the case, it looks like the judge pretty much blocked the intent of this bill, which was basically to turn doctors into preaching idealogues and directing them to shame. . .er. . . educate women.

For now.

Archived