IGNORED

Fuller House

Nic

Netflix is considering a 13 episode order of a Full House re-boot-- FULLER HOUSE starring Candace Cameron-Bure and Andrea Barber. Danny Tanner and Uncle Jesse, (and I'm assuming Joey though article did not mention Dave Coulier) will make appearances.

John Stamos is a producer and it would be for Netflix, so it could be edgier, but how edgy would Candace be willing to get?

Will DJ and Kimmy be living together with kids? I'm guessing Candace wouldn't be down with Deej being fresh off a divorce from Steve, but how creepy would it be for her to be a widow like her father? She's definitely not down with LGBTI, so I don't see her and Kimmy...anyway... good luck with producing this show, John Stamos.

I saw something about this, will be interesting to see how it turns out.

• 3 weeks later...

I just read the following:

'"Fuller House" will follow a now-pregnant D.J. Tanner, who just lost her husband and is still living in San Francisco. D.J.'s sister, Stephanie Tanner, is now an aspiring musician and her BFF Kimmy Gibbler is also a mother to a teenage daughter. Stephanie and Kimmy move in with D.J. to help her take care of her two boys and baby after she loses her husband.

The release says D.J.'s last name is Tanner-Fuller, so that dead husband isn't fan favorite Steve Hale (Scott Weinger). There's still hope for those two!'

*desperately looks at the calendar and realizes with despair that April 1 is long gone*

Ugh, the original show was so bad I can't even imagine what a remake will look like...

hey it was a good afternoon after school program, they had it on rerun here just when I came home from school lol. they werent fundie back then though I dont think t would run well with the original audience if they went all fundie.

hey it was a good afternoon afterschool program, they had it on rerun here just when I came home from school lol. they werent fundie back then though I dont think t would run well with the original audience if they went all fundie.

Plus, how would they explain away Uncle Jesse? He made music with a back beat and was clearly of the devil. And Aunt Becky is a working woman who wears pants! And Danny never remarried and had eleventy more children!

I have to say I was shocked to learn what kind of bigots Candace and her brother are.

I must confess, I loved full house. Was is cheesy and ridiculous? Sure. But it was also the kind of entertainment that was harmless and good for watching when you were tired and wanted to do something else beside it. Like ironing or other housework.

I was surprised and they are making DJ a pregnant widow. DJ's mom was killed by a drunk driver right after she had a baby. Kind of depressing to have her relive that and it is suppose to be a sitcom? Why couldn't they make her husband be away, like they do in Disney shows, he could be in sports, music or military.

Since I already have Netflix I'll admit I will watch the first episode but it is because I'm very interested to see how they will show Jodi (Stephanie) since they left off her character as being rebellious.

• 9 months later...

I'm bumping this because the trailer was released and Bure and Barber (Kimmy) and whoever plays Stephanie went on Ellen yesterday.

And OMG what a transformation Bure has undergone to make herself palatable to the mainstream again!  I wonder if Ellen knows how much Bure hates her and everything she stands for?  Also, she definitely referenced Barber getting drunk at her house - hmm would think they'd be too fundie for that to happen.

It premieres on Netflix February 26th.  I'll probably watch even though I dislike that hypocrite Bure intensely.  Seriously - she showed her shoulders AND her knees.  what kind of a submissive wife is that?

On 4/21/2015 at 0:43 PM, silverspoons said:

I was surprised and they are making DJ a pregnant widow. DJ's mom was killed by a drunk driver right after she had a baby. Kind of depressing to have her relive that and it is suppose to be a sitcom? Why couldn't they make her husband be away, like they do in Disney shows, he could be in sports, music or military.

Since I already have Netflix I'll admit I will watch the first episode but it is because I'm very interested to see how they will show Jodi (Stephanie) since they left off her character as being rebellious.

My guess is that Bure had religious objections to playing a divorcée. Either that, or the writers just decided to gender-swap the original premise, because it was convenient. Instead of three dads, there are now three moms.

• 3 weeks later...

I

On February 11, 2016 at 7:02 PM, anachronistic said:

I'm bumping this because the trailer was released and Bure and Barber (Kimmy) and whoever plays Stephanie went on Ellen yesterday.

And OMG what a transformation Bure has undergone to make herself palatable to the mainstream again!  I wonder if Ellen knows how much Bure hates her and everything she stands for?  Also, she definitely referenced Barber getting drunk at her house - hmm would think they'd be too fundie for that to happen.

It premieres on Netflix February 26th.  I'll probably watch even though I dislike that hypocrite Bure intensely.  Seriously - she showed her shoulders AND her knees.  what kind of a submissive wife is that?

I'm on episode three and I'm kinda shocked.  DJ goes to a bar with Stephanie and Kimmie and they are drinking tequila and dancing, DJ is wearing a pretty sexy dress, very short and low-cut.  Very surprising to me.  

Archived