IGNORED

Where did the Estes family go? Best known for Noah?

DGayle

A friend of mine posted on Facebook asking if anyone knew where this family went. I did some digging, and it sounds like they're quiverful people. Lots of kids, no birth control, evangelical. They're known for their son, Noah, who has mitochondrial disease. They've done lots of fundraisers over the years for things from a van to electronics. It looks like the mom was going to take a temporary break from social media, and it's been several months and nobody even knows if Noah is alive. On his mom's page, someone who I think is a sister says he's alive and that's all she's sharing, but it's so brief that it just comes off as weird. Months of nothing then the shortest, least helpful message.

My friend donated to a lot of the fundraisers, and used to chat with Kate and the family, and feels slighted that the kids she loved all just disappeared. I just think it's very strange. If they needed regular fundraisers to get by, did they win the lottery so they don't need help anymore? Is there more to the story?

Maybe it's all perfectly innocent, but I thought I'd ask.

I've been following the case of her friend Kate Parker, who's awaiting trial for medical child abuse for her "dying" son (and 2 adopted DS daughters) who she extensively blogged about and fundraised for (and apparently inflicted unnecessary surgeries on). Kate Estes was subpoenaed for Kate Parker's case because she had done some fundraising for her. KE went silent about the time she was subpoenaed for KP.

I didn't come by anything about Kate Parker before, but just found some stuff on Google. I'll ask my friend if she's heard of that Kate. But why would Kate Estes disappear because of Parker?

I didn't come by anything about Kate Parker before, but just found some stuff on Google. I'll ask my friend if she's heard of that Kate. But why would Kate Estes disappear because of Parker?

Kate Estes was subpoenaed for Kate Parker's case because she had done some fundraising for her.

Re: bolded. That'd do it.

When KE stopped blogging "for a season" (or whatever terminology she used) she mentioned that she felt that her family needed to unplug for awhile and that she would return at some point. I think she mentioned she would post periodic updates on their FB but I don't have a FB and hers is private, anyway. I have thought about them and wondered how he is doing. I'd brought up some doubts the past I had about the story that seemed a bit sketchy to me but posters here seemed to confirm it was all legit.

• 6 months later...

There is a new update: http://www.prayingfornoah.com/2015/09/e ... tical.html

I am certainly glad he is doing well, but, hmm . . . he starts doing amazingly well, better than he has in years, only after she gets entangled in the other mom's court case.

She emphasizes that how or why he is suddenly doing so well isn't important, and that he's so incredibly stable that she doesn't anticipate updating much, let's all be glad and just move on, nothing to see here, folks.

I am a suspicious sort.

There is a new update: http://www.prayingfornoah.com/2015/09/e ... tical.html

I am certainly glad he is doing well, but, hmm . . . he starts doing amazingly well, better than he has in years, only after she gets entangled in the other mom's court case.

She emphasizes that how or why he is suddenly doing so well isn't important, and that he's so incredibly stable that she doesn't anticipate updating much, let's all be glad and just move on, nothing to see here, folks.

I am a suspicious sort.

Yes, as am I. What is the court case? I am very curious about the details we aren't suppised to talk about, of course..... Is it related to the "other" Kate?

Archived