IGNORED

Kirk Cameron: "Actor", fool, tool, RAZZIE NOMINEE!!

DGayle

Nice to see him getting the, um . . . recognition he so richly deserves.

And yes, Brigitte Ridenour is his sister.

The schadenfreude that's filling my spirit my now is thicker, heavier and almost as satisfying than the stuffed and bacon covered portobello we had for dinner. *discreet burp* :)

Is this guy even capable of decent filmmaking? I once stumbled across Fireproof on cable, and I had to turn off that smarmy crap after about 5 minutes. And according to Wikipedia's summary, he had to employ Chelsea Noble as a kissing double because he refused to kiss the actress playing his character's wife; funny how being an actor is to PRETEND to be someone you're not, but dear Kirk hasn't been able to do that since the early years of Growing Pains.

I could not think of a more deserving recipient for these awards. I hope he wins. :clap:

Oh, I'm sure he will win. He will use the win as an opportunity to lecture us heathens about evil Hollywood, gay marriage, and how life isn't worth living without Jesus. Then he will pose with some Duggars and begin filming his next disaster.

Is this guy even capable of decent filmmaking? I once stumbled across Fireproof on cable, and I had to turn off that smarmy crap after about 5 minutes. And according to Wikipedia's summary, he had to employ Chelsea Noble as a kissing double because he refused to kiss the actress playing his character's wife; funny how being an actor is to PRETEND to be someone you're not, but dear Kirk hasn't been able to do that since the early years of Growing Pains.

Fireproof was the biggest load of crap, poorly written and poorly acted. I have no problem with conservative, fundie types making films for their demographic, but try to do some that are actually well done, with strong writing that features multi-dimensional characters and plots.

As for the razzies, guess who else was nominated razzie and won? Sandra Bullock. She received a razzie for the shitfest "All About Steve." Interestingly enough, she won her razzie the same year she won an Oscar for "The Blind Side." And not only did she win a razzie she also went to the ceremony and accepted her razzie with good humor.

You guys, Adam Sandler is also nominated for Blended. This should be a fierce competition!

Fireproof was the biggest load of crap, poorly written and poorly acted. I have no problem with conservative, fundie types making films for their demographic, but try to do some that are actually well done, with strong writing that features multi-dimensional characters and plots.

As for the razzies, guess who else was nominated razzie and won? Sandra Bullock. She received a razzie for the shitfest "All About Steve." Interestingly enough, she won her razzie the same year she won an Oscar for "The Blind Side." And not only did she win a razzie she also went to the ceremony and accepted her razzie with good humor.

I love it when A-listers accept their razzies in person (Halle Berry did it for Catwoman as well). It shows that they have a sense of humor and can accept that even the best artists will have some stinkers on their resume. Kirk Cameron, on the other hand, takes himself way too serious and will probably interpret the razzie as a sign of persecution. I doubt he will use this as a learning opportunity to make a better quality film. Indeed, he doesn't have to, since he has a built-in audience base that will support him no matter how terrible his films are.

Archived