IGNORED

Weird encounter with an Amish boy

EllieCee

Yesterday, I went downtown with my family. There's an indoor market there, and there was this Amish stand where they sold homemade jellies and preserves. So we stood around, browsing through their things. I was with my sister, who's 13. There was an Amish boy right near us, I'm guessing around my sister's age or older. He was stocking the shelves, but then he started to give my sister these weird looks. He was looking directly at her, and he did it for a while. She tried to ignore it, but he kept persisting. So my sister took a look at him again, and he licked his lips at her, for a lack of a better word, kind of seductively. My sister got creeped, so she told me and we both walked back to our parents.

I didn't know that was all about. Does anyone know anything about Amish culture? I guessed that it's because he didn't know how to act on his attraction due to the culture he was raised in.

1. Ewwwwwwww

2. Could he have been 16 and in Rumspringa and trying out his moves? That would be my bet. sad as his moves were. :think:

Or maybe he's just a creepster, full stop. From what I've heard of some Amish communities, you don't have to wait until you're mixing with the sinful world to try out some sexual sins.

Ewww. Sounds like he was trying to be seductive. I would've given him the finger.

But I'm not nice. :twisted:

Yech.

The Amish are human beings. So I am sure that included in their numbers are a proportionate population of creeps.

One other possibility is that he was simply unaware of his behavior's inappropriateness. Either from being in a particularly isolated social setting, or because his brain doesn't process well social signals and appropriate relational behavior.

Archived