IGNORED

The Red Tent 12/7 & 8 on Lifetime

Joan of Snarc

I loved Anita Diamant's novel. There's a miniseries adaptation coming to Lifetime Sunday 12/7 and Monday 12/8. It would be nice if it were good.

:shifty-kitty:

I liked it too (this atheist does love a good Biblical spectacle.) I had a heck of time playing back part 2 on my DVR though. It kept wanting to pixellate (of course the commercials were fine.) So I missed the middle of part 2; it just would not play -- I even tried two different TVs (first-world problem.)

A few things were different than I remembered from the book, but it's been so long since I read the book maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. For example, I thought after Dinah cursed Jacob, most of Jacob's family came to a violent end. I remember something about Rachel being killed and lying dead in a ditch. I also didn't think Leah died peacefully. Am I off my rocker?

But I thought it was enjoyable and a pretty good adaptation overall. I shed a more than a few tears.

:cry2:

I'm liking it so far. I'm only part way though the Sunday's recording. Now I'm interested in reading the book.

Archived