IGNORED

Janay Rice Believes Brutal Elevator Beating Was God’s Plan

doggie

So god Really Punched her out or did god use them after the fact? I am sorry but they are a horrible example of dealing with domestic violence so again god failed in the attempt. I just can't believe her that was the only time he hit her.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/12/02 ... lan-video/

On Friday, Ray Rice was reinstated into the NFL after being suspended in September for knocking out wife Janay Rice in a hotel elevator during an argument. Just three days after Ray won his appeal, Janay gave a tearful interview with Matt Lauer on NBC’s Today Show.

Accompanied by her mother Candy Palmer, Janay recounted the “horrible nightmare†that occurred during the February attack. Speaking to Lauer, Janay said she believed that she and Ray had been “chosen†to bring domestic violence to the forefront and begin a larger conversation about abuse.

“I feel like God chose me and Ray for a reason and it was definitely to bring awareness to what people are going through every day. You know it’s not what I am going through every day but you know it’s definitely brought this topic to the forefront…and we are okay with that.â€

You can watch that short segment of the interview below:

God is a real terrible, horrible, miserable asshole if he woke up that morning and decided that Janay - or any woman - deserved to be beaten into unconsciousness the way that she was.

God is a real terrible, horrible, miserable asshole if he woke up that morning and decided that Janay - or any woman - deserved to be beaten into unconsciousness the way that she was.

I know huh? but to another christian it seems good. Anything god does to you is acceptable.

I don't doubt that Janey has been beaten and broken down their entire relationship. She may at this point truly believe that she deserves what she gets. I am sure she had taken all the blame because had she just kept standing when he hit her, he would still have his job and the money would still be rolling in. The fact that she was interviewed with her parents just floors me. Most parents would be asking God for the strength to not kill the man who did this to their daughter. It is likely Ray financially supports her entire family so she has pretend all is well to keep their bills paid. The fact that she said that God wanted this shows she is still looking for more excuses for her hudband's behavior. It wasn't Ray, it was God working through Ray. I think she thought that it would sound like they are really religious people, I don't think that she actually believes it. We must remember that everything she has done is classic battered woman.

Amen, sister.

Why do I have the sinking feeling that Janay Rice's experience with domestic violence didn't begin with Ray?

Why do I have the sinking feeling that Janay Rice's experience with domestic violence didn't begin with Ray?

I was thinking the same. Especially since her mom was there during the interview, I'm assuming in support of her daughter and her belief that this is part of god's plan.

Eta: hey, sparkles!! Someone on "Are You There" has some Apple issues and they were asking about you. Should I tell them they need to say your name five times, like Candyman? :D

I'm just hoping it doesn't end like Nicole Simpson.

since her parents are ok with it it may be a family problem. or money or both hard to tell what one. But I very much doubt god approves of it.

Yes, sad. Even the God part is not original by any means.

That's true, even saying God had a part in it is common if the battered woman was raised with religion.

I agree that a God that decides that a woman should be beaten to unconsciousness is a real asshole, and not one I care to worship.

*nods*

My heart hurts for her.

She's referring to his punching her in the head and knocking her unconscious, then roughly dragging her body out of the elevator as a "mistake", adding on the obligatory bit about how everybody makes mistakes.

This was a common line among my clients in severely dysfunctional/abusive relationships, as well as some of my clients dealing with addiction. Some would be quite upset that I refused to simply move on, agree to forgive and forget, pretend that this was equivalent to any other flaw that most people have, and have faith that true love would win out. My job required me to be legalistic and judgmental, because when safety is involved - esp. the safety of children - you can't ignore or gloss over violence. It takes hard work address the issues in therapy and really make a change.

No, nobody's perfect. A mistake, though, is something you make on a math test. THIS was a brutal assault, and she's lucky there's no lasting damage. No, most normal people don't knock other people unconscious outside of a boxing ring.

She's referring to his punching her in the head and knocking her unconscious, then roughly dragging her body out of the elevator as a "mistake", adding on the obligatory bit about how everybody makes mistakes.

This was a common line among my clients in severely dysfunctional/abusive relationships, as well as some of my clients dealing with addiction. Some would be quite upset that I refused to simply move on, agree to forgive and forget, pretend that this was equivalent to any other flaw that most people have, and have faith that true love would win out. My job required me to be legalistic and judgmental, because when safety is involved - esp. the safety of children - you can't ignore or gloss over violence. It takes hard work address the issues in therapy and really make a change.

No, nobody's perfect. A mistake, though, is something you make on a math test. THIS was a brutal assault, and she's lucky there's no lasting damage. No, most normal people don't knock other people unconscious outside of a boxing ring.

Yes a very good post. Just the way he acted showed it was not a big deal for him if he is out of football because of this she could be in a life threatening situation cause I am sure he blames her for it.

Accompanied by her mother Candy Palmer, Janay recounted the “horrible nightmare†that occurred during the February attack. Speaking to Lauer, Janay said she believed that she and Ray had been “chosen†to bring domestic violence to the forefront and begin a larger conversation about abuse.

What kind of greedy, manipulative narcissist allows her daughter to spend ONE MORE MINUTE with a man that missed killing her by sheer inches that night? Yeah, Candy Palmer,I'm talking to YOU. Your daughter learned this somewhere, and I'm betting it has a lot to do with the fact she's making sure the money keeps coming in while she's getting the crap beat out of her on a regular basis by someone who can bench press 400 pounds. "Chosen", my ass. It's more like "I like this standard of living and I can live with the consequences. He's not hitting me."

Even more than the abused wife in this scenario, I blame everyone around her. What kind of soulless waste of human flesh would allow her own DAUGHTER to endure abuse and say nothing?

I am sorry that Janay Rice has nobody in her life that cares enough to get involved and get the help she so obviously needs.

I agree with other posters, Ray probably supports her whole family including her mother who probably encourage her to say that bullshit. It's not the first time he beat her

I really really hope that she was telling the truth about this being a one time thing - not because I'm delusional enough to believe it's the truth, but because I can't stand the thought that she has to constantly deal with this without anyone helping her. :cry:

I can't imagine that this was a one time thing. That's just not how that level of violence starts. He didn't slap her, or shove her. He wasn't responding to her hitting him in the head with a heavy object. He knocked her out. And then acted like it was nothing.

If it was a one time thing they would be talking about how he had a reaction to a medication. Or a psychotic break. Or a really, really high fever that caused hallucinations. Or SOMETHING. It's like she watched a public service announcement about domestic violence - and then parroted back all the right words - without realizing the script she's reading doesn't match the storyline.

That's exactly it.

I thought the same thing. I have a hard time being critical of her; it appears to me that she's been abused for a long time. She might think she deserves it or that she doesn't deserve anything better. I hope that she can get out of the situation.

Archived